The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Great Depression v The Great Depression (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Everybody on this forum knows you are constantly asserting a financial doomsday, there is no need for it to be pointed out.

We are not in a "depression", yet alone a "great" depression. Get a grip already.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Every knows you have just been nailed trying to cheat.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Cheat at what?? As usual, nobody knows what you are talking about. [rolling eyes]

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
LOL
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don't care depression or recession I don't get involved.

Every year of my life has been better than the last. With certain notable acceptions. But life is worth living. Why get depressed by the details?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am doing very well myself out of this great depression personally. Still I care that more Americans are killing themselves now than in last great depression of the 30s etcetera.

Tommy
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 09:20, Al Angello wrote:
Bob1Dog
I'm so glad that my bragging didn't make you angry. We need more humor here.

Al, you don't make me angry anymore. When you say something moronic I laugh now. Just as you do when I say something moronic. But let it be known that we each have that right. That is, to laugh and say moronic things. Smile

Besides, I've just been initiated into my second degree in freemasonry where I'm taught to treat all mankind with fairness and respect. And that includes you Al. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2727 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 23:12, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 21:16, tommy wrote:
JoeJoe states “Some facts: the odds of being killed at the hands of another human are at an all time low. The odds dying from a disease or illness is at an all time low. The odds of dying from starvation is at an all time low.” What that has to do with the price of fish I don't know.

It shows your ignorance on the matters Tommy; farmers produce more food today than any other point in human history, and adjusted for inflation food is cheaper than it ever has been. You can buy a fish sandwich for only $1 at McDonalds, what more could you ask for?? Sheesh.

-JoeJoe

I think his point is that, life being "better" is not his point. He seems to believe that we are in a "Great Depression" to rival the "Great Depression" of '29 to '39. And he's asking if there have been as many or more suicides this time around as then.

The question is actually not germaine. We'd have to know first if the people committing suicide did so out of financial panic the way they did in '29. Plain numbers won't really tell us anything important.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Great Depression v The Great Depression (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL