The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Memoria - Fraser Parker (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Fraser thank you very much for sending the updates for this effect. Im sure it will be even stronger now!

Sending you a PM now,

Jordan
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
PM sent Fraser!

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I've only read through it but it sure sounds like it will play well.

best
Sean
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thanks for the update Fraser.
There are now numerous ways to present and perform this.
Integrate it into other effects.
Build on it.
or play it as written.

Very good value IMHO.

steve
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Very nice improvement to the original presentation
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I've just sent out the Memoria supplement to all previous customers - If anyone doesn't receive theirs at some point this evening (automated emails sometimes take a little while due to queues on the server) check your junk mail folder. If it's not there, shoot me an email to DC (at) DeeChristopher.com and I'll sort you out direct.

All future Memoria purchases will automatically receive this supplement as part of their purchase.

To keep things clear, I've also added an outline of how the effect plays, as I received a couple of questions about that! You can see more and pick up your copy here:

http://www.deechristopher.co.uk/collecti......r-parker

Cheers!
DC
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Thank you DC for the supplement. Great service.

Unfortunately, I found this update to be equally as weak as the original, but I really appreciate a creator who is prepared to try and fine tune their work and offer new thoughts free of charge.
Meng
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere in Germany I wrote
128 Posts

Profile of Meng
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 16:40, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
A spectator selects a playing card (You could use tarot, symbol cards or pictures though if you're REALLY against playing cards!) and is also asked to think of a specific memory. You then reveal details and the exact memory they were thinking of and finally to round it off, you reveal the card they're thinking of too.

It's a really nice routine with a very effective method - There's no TOD methodology or anything like that, you reveal the memory first, then you reveal the card. Very direct, built for close-up, but would also work in front of an audience.

That sounds almost exactly like a description of Docc Hilfords's Perfect Mental Club Act (released around 1994/95 ?). Now, after reading this thread, I'm afraid that the methods used by Docc and Fraser could be very similar, if not even the same. Is there anybody who knows both releases? Are there any major differences between these two products? Would be very nice to know.
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
The two products are nothing alike.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Meng
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Meng
Hi cpbartak!
Would you care to elaborate on the differences? Without tipping the method of course. Or if it is more comfortable for you, please feel free to PM me.
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
On second read, they are definitely similar in some respects. In Memoria, though, the chosen cards could be openly shown to the audience and the audience would be none the wiser.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Meng
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Meng
I purchased Memoria from lybrary.com two days ago and to be honest I'm quite disappointed (not disappointed by lybrary.com, their service is top notch as always).

The first negative thing that struck me right away was the e-book layout. Because there is non. You just get 12 unnumbered pages of plain text. No cover page, no imprint or edition notice, not even a page header with the name of the effect or the author's name. Nothing! The text just starts.

My second point of criticism is the font size. It is MUCH to big (to fill the pages I presume).
The size is 26pt! After converting it into a text with the standard font size of 12pt I was left with only 3 Pages! Yes, three pages for $15!

English (as you have surely figured out yet) is not my first language, but even I spotted quite a few typos and some highly confusing sentences. That gave me the feeling that this e-book was written on the spur of the moment and immediately published.

But will the trick work? I'm not convinced. I'm a professional mentalist. Mentalism is my day job. My love for this art started 20 years ago and in all modesty I gathered a bit of experience over the years. Would I use Memoria to try to entertain a paying audience? No! Not in its current form as it is described in this e-book.
In my humble opinion Memoria (lybrary.com-version) is a nice little idea in an embryonic state that should not have been published yet. There are more subtle and more elaborated ways to achieve the the same effect. And at $15 for 12 ( 3! ) pages filled with one half baked idea it is grossly overpriced.

PS: I have the feeling that this document was meant as a kind of supplement to a trick (the original Memoria) that is NOT explained in this e-book. After reading this version two times I still think that the original effect must have been quite similar to Docc Hilford's Perfect Mental Club Act. But I'm only speculating here.
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
I had the same experience Meng.

The document on lybrary appeared to just be the supplement, very amateurish looking.

I contacted lybrary and they said they had asked Fraser to contact me for the full manuscript.

I waited 2 days but received no contact from Fraser. For that reason I asked lybrary for a refund, which they graciously did.

If you're dissatisfied (as I was) then contact lybrary and explain the situation. They'll be able to help you out I'm sure.

Regards,
Lar.
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
Very disappointing purchase. Very amateurish looking. No page number,no title. Besides,the PDF file seemed to be only a supplement.
I have contacted Fraser parker for full manuscript with no answer.
THough I like his previous work,Memoria is not recommanded.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
If anyone is interested the full work on this including some additional thinking by Pete Turner is available in book form here:

http://www.magicbox.uk.com/magic-tricks/......ker.html

This contains titles, page numbers and has been formated to look the best it can possibly be Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Ahh Peter never mentioned he'd added something to this.
I'll have to dig my original out I think.
Brush up on it before lookig at this latest version

Steve
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Unless I'm clueless the DVD seems to not be available at the link given on the first page but is available as a download taught by Luke Jermay at Penguin. Anyone know the story behind this?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
The two products are completely different but share the same name. My effect involves revealing a thought of memory with nothing written down and the effect Luke teaches is to apparently memorize a deck of cards.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

On a side note, the original Memoria manuscript was sold as an ebook on various sites and is now only available via MagicBox in book form.

This is the full effect taught in great detail and the ultimate resource for this effect. It even includes additional work by my friend Peter Turner as well as a way of doing this completely propless.

I am really pleased with how this has turned out. My friends at MagicBox have produced a beautiful product, with the same look and feel as Isobella's Star 2 that also lives up to the amazing content contained within.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Very cool book, happy with the investment. Have been spending time perfecting my riffle f**ce to do this material justice. What I enjoy about this type of content is it's a principle with a lot of applications rather than just one effect.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Just ordered.....im intrigued....I don't know what to expect with this because the description was vague....But since its recommended by Peter turner I tok the plunge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Memoria - Fraser Parker (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL