The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do they have this in Finland? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Dave,

Which is worst, supporting negative behavior, or teaching others negative behavior is ok?
What good is it to kill one jerk if you create two more in doing it? Smile

Just because I choose to be kind to him doesn't mean I support every little thing he does.
Even kinder are all those many people on here that never reply to posts like this. They too
are showing even stronger kindness by simply not posting.

Yea I like Benji...and I really like his attitude toward others. Notice how he doesn't get upset no matter what they say about him. Nothing else he is teaching the importance of kindness in the business world. Benji understands that kindness is like a boomerang it always comes back to you.

Scott, you are a great guy. I wish others could see things the way you do. I completely agree with Mindpro that you have come a long way in the last few years. I promise if I ever do see you do something wrong I will tell you in a kind way. And if I do feel a need to kick your butt, I will do that too in private. Smile

tacrowl, I guess that does make sense when the supplies are being used for the clients.

Anyways, good luck Benji. Go get em.

Tom
The Daycare Magician Book
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/amazekids/the-daycare-magician/

When you come to the point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am going to go out on a limb here. I have no idea what Benji is thinking. I am assuming some are right. But will not pile on. No need.

I have seen him be a shameless self promoter and I have no idea why bother here? If this is a continuation of that then whatever.

I don't happen to like Benji because I find him manipulative and transparent. That aside I thought such a grand master of everything could certainly figure out Staples on his own. Certainlysomeone on such a level as he brags about should know a rider and how much can be out into one. These are the reasons I suspect it is a look at me post.

That all aside I really wish Benji would come here just to brag. I really do. Come here like a dude who is happy he got a cool gig and tell us. I for one would be very happy for him. Don't always try to be the smartest guy in the room. Just be a dude. Let us be happy for you.

I don't mean this to sound like attacking. I am trying to point out a better way for him to approach this so it seems less offensive at least to me. Not speaking for anyone but me. I may be way off as far as anyone else. I just don't like feeling manipulated.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2919 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 15:06, TomBoleware wrote:
Dave,

Which is worst, supporting negative behavior, or teaching others negative behavior is ok?
What good is it to kill one jerk if you create two more in doing it? Smile

Just because I choose to be kind to him doesn't mean I support every little thing he does.
Even kinder are all those many people on here that never reply to posts like this. They too
are showing even stronger kindness by simply not posting.

Yea I like Benji...and I really like his attitude toward others. Notice how he doesn't get upset no matter what they say about him. Nothing else he is teaching the importance of kindness in the business world. Benji understands that kindness is like a boomerang it always comes back to you.

Tom, positives can't exist without negatives. What would you say to someone trying to kill you? "Hey there, great job on stabbing me, it would be even better if you put the knife down and let me positively regenerate cell growth!"

Also, some people don't post simply because they don't EVER. Others are doing other things and haven't checked the Café. Quite the assumption to say that they aren't posting because they "want to be positive".

AND, just because something is technically against something, or "negative", doesn't mean it isn't worth saying. Several people in these forums are not only confident in what they believe, but they are willing to speak out for it. Just because Benji ignores what is being said doesn't mean he is being positive and ignoring the haters.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Ya'll know as well as I do, if Benji came on here and said, "Good Morning Everybody" some would jump him claiming he was up to no good. That he was out to destroy 'your' magic world.

It's ok to disagree with others, but when you start chasing them down every time they speak, just to put them down, you have a serious problem. Seriously, some of you have a serious obsession with Benji that you just can't let go. May want to consider some help. Smile

Tom

When you come to the point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Well said TomBoleware Smile
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Thanks Curtis.
I was about to scream, somebody please save me from this crazy bunch. Smile

Tom

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tom did you read my post? Nobody thinks any such thing. It is about insulting our intelligence.

If he came here like a guy as opposed to a guru maybe none of that would be an jssue. Does this make sense?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2919 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 17:02, TomBoleware wrote:
Ya'll know as well as I do, if Benji came on here and said, "Good Morning Everybody" some would jump him claiming he was up to no good. That he was out to destroy 'your' magic world.

Tom, if there's one thing that most people in this forum DON'T do, it's think about Benji (at least as a threat). If you can't see the ulterior motives behind his post then you either are naive, or you have just as many preconceived notions as you claim we all do.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Who cares if he self promoted. If that was his intentions let it be and let the thread fade away.
I wish people on here were more productive in helping than always trying to prove someone wrong.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I didn't jump on him or bash him. I just answered why people react to him the way they do. And now simply saying that is wrong.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2904 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
And he's been booked to lecture on business at the Castle at the end of June. LECTURE. I don't get it.

And in cased you missed it, he's thrilled to tell us EXACTLY how much he's making for this gig - you can find it in another thread here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=44&18
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well I never understood bragging about specific shows. Professionals do gigs constantly and the idea of naming them by the price is absurd.

As I said if he just came off as "hey guys on my way to Finland" it is cool. Hell I've never been to Finland and it sounds cool. Good on him. I just don't like feeling as if I am a mark. In the guise of helping he is constantly self promoting. That is outright wrong. It is not helping anyone but you to promote himself.

But if he is not doing that here then a TREMENDOUS amount of inexperience is showing. I happen to believe he is FAR smarter than that.

I think the way he thinks of us and certainly the way he treats us is quite disrespectful. I think that is where it gets annoying. At least for me. Being constantly played as if I don't know any better.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Danny,

I see your point, but maybe since he has be dragged down by so many on here and has been called a "liar" in many ways, he wants or needs to prove his actions he has mentioned or spoke about are result oriented.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Of course I recognized the OP to be a bit dubious. But I chose to answer him directly under the slight chance that he was a bit nervous about details of his upcoming trip. I know I would be a bit nervous prior to such a trip. That being said, Benji has clearly accomplished a lot for his age and is inspiring to watch. He comes on here with those twice his age and many more years experience and spars with them, knowing they will bite. He is yet to be involved in a thread that does not go on page after page. He has probably done the math and figured out that if 90% find him irritating and 10% buy in, out of all of the viewers of TMC - he is much further ahead than coming on here and being milk toast. I count myself among the many that have not purchased anything from Benji and find his self serving ways a bit over the top. I think he would have changed his routine though, if he did not see results. I do not think he cares about the majorities perceptions, I think he cares about business. No question - he has stood out from the pack.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Well said Charliecheckers.

It's clear that Benji doesn't need our permission. And it looks like he doesn't need our advice either. So why even try to force it on him. Why not just congratulate him and let that be it.

Benji is lecturing at the Castle. Flying to Finland for $12,500. Numerous TV guest appearances. Several products on the market. A tour and TV special in the works. I mean, what will he have to do to prove himself. Spend all day on here listening to us? Smile

Sam Walton once said, “Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody else is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going in exactly the opposite direction.”

Yep I think maybe ole Sam would have liked our little Benji.

Tom

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2904 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
We all know there's NOTHING wrong with the way Walmart does business Smile
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Yes,
This client is so nice, he wants Benji to cash a check for $20K and give him the difference back, but keep an extra $1k for himself... lol

Okay, just had too.. But great that he is booking nice gigs!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10241 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Calling someone out on their BS and what is and has been fact is not "being dragged down" or "bashing" or "blasting" anyone.

MT, thanks for your opinion.

Tom you seem to be confusing his performance and his business operations - two different things.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Mindpro,

What are your bases that things that Benji says is not true or he is full of BS?
He isn't hiding behind a screen name like many on here. He puts himself out in the public as some others do on the Café as well.

If he (or anyone one) is being successful and booking the gigs, than he(or they) has proven his(their) methods? They might not be my, yours or yours or your methods, but they are methods that are working for him!

Productivity moves us forward!
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 20:29, charliecheckers wrote:
That being said, Benji has clearly accomplished a lot for his age and is inspiring to watch. He comes on here with those twice his age and many more years experience and spars with them, knowing they will bite. He is yet to be involved in a thread that does not go on page after page. He has probably done the math and figured out that if 90% find him irritating and 10% buy in, out of all of the viewers of TMC - he is much further ahead than coming on here and being milk toast. I count myself among the many that have not purchased anything from Benji and find his self serving ways a bit over the top. I think he would have changed his routine though, if he did not see results. I do not think he cares about the majorities perceptions, I think he cares about business. No question - he has stood out from the pack.

But yet for all these products and membership sites for $29.99 per month I don't see any REAL reviews from real people who have paid money and learned something besides the rehashed material.

It is plainly clear what he did by posting that and he got what he wanted - another 2 pages of useless crap posts. The more I see a new membership site of Benji's go up the more I realize he could be making more money just doing shows.

I've yet to see a genuine person on here or anywhere with a God to honest review of his material and from someone who is not a beginner.
Josh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do they have this in Finland? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL