The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do they have this in Finland? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why do we go through this every time?

Even when anyone tries to explain what it is about what he does not in the form of an attack Tom you come up with the same things as if someone is attacking. You make it impossible for anyone to have an opinion that is not a fawning glowing endorsement of anything anyone does. You bully people and it is tiresome.

I think it is obvious from his posts that the only person Benji wishes to help is himself. Even his posts that have that facade of help have links to his blog or his web this or that. So lets not pretend he has done anything to really reach out and help others. Now to be fair that is an impression of what I perceive.
But why does not either Benji or Tom or Curtis answer what I am saying? Why not just act lime a person? Tom makes unsubstantiated attacks with claiming others would say this or that. Well Tom isn't ironic how you always are telling others how to post and how they will attack and the whole time saying not to tell others how to post and to stop attacking? Little hypocritical isn't it?

Now I don't care how Benji posts. It doesn't hurt or help me one way or the other. For those of you with either comprehension issues or short term memory problems I COMPLIMENTED Benji on his spot on advice about video editing. So spare me the always attacking lecture.

All I am saying is just show up and be a dude. Why always the silly games? And when he gets called on it other people need to stay out of it. The PC police need to leave others alone and these threads won't be nearly as long.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To be fair Josh.there is nothing wrong if his products and advice are for beginners. Someone needs to market to them.

I am sure there are people who have gotten help from what he is offering. There have been people here who have favorably reviewed his stuff.

I am just trying to be fair.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
You asked why he acts the way.... Earlier I stated this...
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 19:30, magicofCurtis wrote:
Danny,

I see your point, but maybe since he has be dragged down by so many on here and has been called a "liar" in many ways, he wants or needs to prove his actions he has mentioned or spoke about are result oriented.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
A "Beginner" is a relative term. In fairness to Benji- if we define the term "beginner" to include all those who are not as far down the path to success as Benji is, then we have a real long list of beginners. There is only so much one can pretend/fake. His material is professional in both performance and marketing material.

Perhaps he could make more just focusing on performing, but that does not seem to be what drives him. He seems to want to be successful at sharing his marketing concepts. I have no idea how successful he has been at this. On one hand he is lecturing at the Magic Castle and has magic shops willing to partner with him and on the other hand there are few reviews of his material on TMC. I think it is still early in his career to be judging his success.

I wish he would present himself here more like a regular guy as well, but that might not be good for his business. The reality is that some who are highly successful in business are not necessarily well liked.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Curtis he has been called on his words and actions. If it is not in line with the truth it is what it is.

Charlie I do not think of Benji as a beginner. I think hisproducts would only help a beginner. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2943 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Called on his words and actions? LOL

Danny, the man simply asked about Finland and you and Mindpro started, "oh that's not what he wants to know, he must be up to something." Why not do like charliecheckers did in his first post and answer the question. Or do like tacrowl did and make a suggestion to put it in a rider. Why tell the whole world how no good he is?

How many times does he need to be called out?

Tom
The Daycare Magician Book
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/amazekids/the-daycare-magician/

When you come to the point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 10:19, TomBoleware wrote:

Danny, the man simply asked about Finland and you and Mindpro started, "oh that's not what he wants to know, he must be up to something." Why not do like charliecheckers did in his first post and answer the question. Or do like tacrowl did and make a suggestion to put it in a rider. Why tell the whole world how no good he is?

Tom

Ok oh grand master of who is allowed to say what show me whee I said anything like that. You are officially delusional.

How many times do you correctly a child for eating paste? Hopefully every time they do it. Or till they learn.

But I never jumped on him. I was trying to help the man by showing him how it looks when he does what he dows. Maybe pointing out so he sees what it looks lime from the other side. I didn't jump on him hut you act as if I did. You are the one with the problem. Notice how Curtis and I are having a discussion? Try it some time instead of telling everyone how to post. Try actually reading what is written instead of just acting like the hall monitor.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And what is your problem with only me and Mindpro? I didn't do what you say but others here have and have before yet you choose to single us out. YOU are the one with the problem. You need to stop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2918 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 10:31, tacrowl wrote:
I knew the purpose of his post Mindpro - which is why I pointed out the rider - which should be common sense knowledge to someone like Benji who is trying to sell business advice.

I think Toms post summed everything up quite nicely.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2943 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
How many times do you correctly a child for eating paste? Hopefully every time they do it. Or till they learn.

Of course you do, but if he says I need to go to the bathroom, should you say: "Oh no buddy, that's just an excuse to go eat paste?" Sooner or later you have to trust him. You don't discipline people forever.

Danny, you right I shouldn't be telling you how to post. I apologize.

Now, shouldn't you feel the same about Benji? Should you really be telling him what to say?

Tom

When you come to the point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10241 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 10:19, TomBoleware wrote:

Tom

As many times as he tries to come on here and peddle his transparent, self-serving BS. He keeps coming back here with this, and you guys still do not want to accept it for what it is.

The question should be how many times do you give him the benefit of the doubt and be blind to his methods and minimal experience that he tries to peddle. It comes through in almost every single post he makes.

Like Danny, I to have paid Benji several compliments on several things in several different threads. This seems to be overlooked. When he deserves true credit and merit, he receives it. His Square thread is one example. There have also been others but these seem to quickly be forgotten (usually about his performing not his marketing/guru business). I've said repeatedly Benji strength is in his performance, not his guruness. We all do not succeed at everything and one must be able to identify their strengths and weaknesses. It's obvious his performing doesn't fulfill this. He wants the prestige of an expert guru with his imagined legion of followers, ala Tony Robbins.

The thing I find most funny is that Benji is trying to appear on a professional level as both an entertainer and marketer. When those also on this level respond, many that get their feathers ruffled and seem to think he's being bashed are not performers on this level and are really not speaking from a point of experience. Those on this level easily see this. Secondly, he's trying to sell products for personal gain and profit. That opens him up to this type of feedback. Tom can defend him and wear your good guy white ten gallon cowboy hat thinking you're being a good guy, but it can do more damage than good.

Since Danny & I are the ones being bashed and Benji is such a great guy, nobody seems to be addressing the possible good that Danny, my, and a few others posts and "calling him out on his stuff" has prevented. A few posts ago someone mentioned there aren't many real reviews of his materials that haven't come from Benji and his camp. Very few seem to have been willing to pay for his stuff, and of those few if any, no one seems to be willing to speak very highly of it. Even good ol' MT who wanted to buy his stuff tried relentlessly on the Café has posted for weeks about wanting to buy Benji's materials USED. Even he didn't want to pay full price for Benji's stuff. Then couldn't seem to understand why no used materials were available. Really? Because little were sold.

My point is this 1.) if we were wrong and Benji's materials were great it would have come out. As he claims Penguin sold out of his stuff, so giving him the benefit of that doubt why has no one come forward to post a review favorable or otherwise? If his material was so good it wouldn't matter what Danny, I or anyone would say about it. It would speak for itself. It hasn't. It is deafening. One person reviewed it out of pity just for the purpose of posting his factual opinion, that was it.

2. I believe all of these posts about "calling Benji out on his guru-ness", like it or not has done some very good for members here. You also have not seen the very common posts of these kids or younger guys saying they bought his stuff and felt it was bad, terrible or a being ripped-off. Normally there are tons of these posts of unsatisfied, misled customers. I feel we more than likely prevented this, which is a positive for the community. As I've said many times before, the main reason for calling this out was to prevent the kiddies or beginners that it was intended for to know what this was truly about and his methods and perspectives and minimal experience.

All of this seems to be overlooked. Benji's believing he is the smartest gut in the room isn't working His marketing also isn't working (ironic for a marketing-guru). The level he's targeting with these products is not responding. There are many obvious reasons for this. His business is a contradiction as evident by his own posts and his releases. Why target beginners, yet everything he's talked about and is infatuated with, and even the original post here is about high-end, wealth and success clientele. Remember high-end produced shows for 50 high-paying guests of stature? Remember working restaurants to get high-end corporate bookings-complete with make tips through an accomplis? Remember all of the top companies in America that has hired Benji? How he is now being a speaker and lecturer? Now earning 5 figures in Finland? This is a contradiction. Is it beginners or high-end? Or is it you can be a beginner and in just weeks/months you could be working for the high-end market in little or no time (like he thinks he did)?

Let's not forget offering to pay people to get on the Tonight Show, still as of recently asking people to contact Ellen so he can be on her show, and of course the long established crashing events, and so on. Yet after all of this, we are to believe that he has to come on a forum to ask about where to buy a piece of card board?

Come on really? Why defend this?

Yet when someone tries to help point this out and better the community we get blasted. This is crazy. I believe we helped prevent people from being taken advantage of here. In the process we drew great amount attention to Benji and his products, mentalities and gave his guru-ness a great potential shot in the arm. If he his products were as good as he tells you they are, we here created many chances and awareness for them to succeed. None of this seems to have happened.

The reality is his original post was a "Café Tweet" just to let us know he got a gig in Finland. In the process he's damaging his image to his target market by having to ask where to buy card board. He also wanted to hear the many of you to pat him on the back and congratulate him for booking a job in another country. It's impressive to him, and he wants it to be impressive to you. So, just all play along as it's nice and good for everyone. Give him what he wants. His self-serving posts got what he wanted, so I hope all of you are impressed because it's as he wanted.

So let's review...he got a gig in Finland. He will be at the Magic Castle in June lecturing, he knows where to buy card board in Finland. Tom is so proud of Benji for all of this. Ego served.

Are we missing anything? How's the Las Vegas Show coming? Any new video's? We've been seeing the same ones for quite a while now. You bought that soft box lighting set, green screen and so on in your garage so you can be anywhere in the world with just a slide, how about some new videos? Any new products? Let us know if we missed anything. We know all of this and don't even have to pay $29.95 a month for a membership subscription.

We never hear from Benji other than when he needs and ego boost or wants to impress the Café kiddies. Like a pre-school game, let's just keep playing along. This is whats best for the community here and the profession.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Okay, children. Let's stop the bickering, or you are ALL going to get a time out!

Yes, we all know Benji is full of himself, and a massive self-promoter. I personally think the guy is an arrogant a*s.

HOWEVER...he IS entitled to post as he wishes (as are we all). And, quite frankly, self-promotion is precisely what we as entertainers SHOULD be doing. Perhaps if we spent a little more time promoting ourselves, and a little less time bickering like spoiled rotten 2 year olds, we might ALL have a little more business.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular here...just sayin'!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2943 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Mindpro, you should be proud of how Benji handled himself in this thread.

He's done nothing wrong here, yet you continue your rampage about him.

No need to attack me just because I fight for his right to post here.

I would do the same for you.

Tom

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No you wouldn't. Now you just tell lies. You THREATENED Mindpro in another thread Tom. How quickly you forget.

Also Tom since reading is fundimental but comprehension seems to be an advanced skill let me point out I was answering why Benji gets the reception he does. I was not telling him how to post, as you so arrogantly do. Rather I was informing those who don't seem to see it that it is his behavior that is being reacted to and if he stopped then so would the reactions. BIG difference.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10241 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Right, this is exactly what Scott pointed out and then went to the trouble to provide an example for the class...and some still don't seem to understand the actual point. It does seem to be a comprehension issue (or denial).

Good point Danny about the difference between reading and comprehension. I also think many miss the difference between just being a poster and casual magician as opposed to those that are full-time working professionals in an industry. When this is your life's work on a daily basis and provides for your family, it is your industry, your profession, you tend to perceive and take things much differently on a much deeper level. Again this will be missed by many.

Yes, I am still locking the front gates and doors to the Mindpro compound at night after Tom's threat.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Mindpro,

Are you a full time pro? Not sure, I know very little about you since nothing is in your profile.

Any websites or bio?

I think people may view your postings a bit different if you weren't just a screen name. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Really this old thing again? You attack another for Benji instead of.......

Ahhh forget it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10241 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
That is always so sad.
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
I don't mind people showing off. Come here and say you booked your first $25.00 birthday party gig and I'll celebrate with you. Tell us you landed a major Las Vegas gig and I'll give you a high five. But just don't be dishonest - please.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2943 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Scott,

Do you really believe that mindpro and Danny would allow Benji to come on here and brag about ANYTHING?

It's not clear to you that they are out to discredit everything he says? I can't believe you can't see that. They honestly think they are protecting everybody here from Benji.

Tom

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do they have this in Finland? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL