The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do they have this in Finland? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Curtis,

Let me tell you the real story behind Mindpro.

A long time ago when Mindpro was just one of those young Café Kiddes that he keeps talking about, Bengi came on here and kidnapped him.

Yea, he came on here pretending to be friends with everybody and he kidnapped Mindpro. Took him to Tony Robbins house and they brainwashed him. Anyway, to make a long story short, Mindpro later managed to escape. He then hired Danny to help him get even. That's why they are so dead set on discrediting everything Bejii says. Just can't let that happen again.

Don't know for sure but while in captivity I think maybe Benji branded a big B on mindpro's forehead, that's why he has no profile picture.

Now you know the real story.

Tom
The Daycare Magician Book
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/amazekids/the-daycare-magician/

When you come to the point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Again you are just not seeing or whatever Tom. Are you seriously this bad at comprehension or is intentional?

I have complimented the man more than once as has Mindpro.

He discredits HIMSELF. As do you at this point by being intentionally dim. It is obvious your only goal is to lash out at me and Mindpro. Even in the face of the fact that I have not attacks d Benji on this thread. You choose to stick your fingers in your ears and stomp your feet and throw your same fit. Others here have expressed FAR harsher opinions than I have in this thread yet you choose to lash out at me. What is your problem?

Scott hself implied Benji was being dishonest. Even used the word. Yet you take that opportunity to lash out at ME!. YOU are seriously having some issues. You say you are sorry for telling me how to post yet you continue to do so. Tom get over yourself. Maybe stop hanging with the kiddies so much. I am afraid they are starting to teach you instead of the other way around.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tom really great story. I mean it might even be amusing if we were 3.

Spend more time with adults tom. It might do you some good.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Where in this thread did Benji show bad behavior?

Danny, like me, you making stuff up.

Cased Closed.

Tom

When you come to the point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin.
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 19:45, TomBoleware wrote:
Scott,

Do you really believe that mindpro and Danny would allow Benji to come on here and brag about ANYTHING?

It's not clear to you that they are out to discredit everything he says? I can't believe you can't see that. They honestly think they are protecting everybody here from Benji.

Tom

Yes. I honestly think that they would let him brag if done so sincerely and openly. I don't know Danny much (but would be open to chatting one day) but Mindpro has let me brag and he's been super encouraging. Now, admittingly, Benji has dug himself a bit of a hole so it would take a little time to get out of it.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
OH, I understand now Tom... Thanks lol
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No time at all. Past can be past by simply not acting the same.

Benji actually has things to brag on and I would encourage him to do so. Being proud of legitimate accomplishments should be celebrated.

Tom where did I say Benji demonstrated bad behavior in this thread? Sorry but stop the Q-Tip when you feel RESISTANCE!

But it is nice to see you admit you are making stuff up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
Yes. I honestly think that they would let him brag if done so sincerely and openly. I don't know Danny much (but would be open to chatting one day) but Mindpro has let me brag and he's been super encouraging. Now, admittingly, Benji has dug himself a bit of a hole so it would take a little time to get out of it.

Scott, how do you suggest he dig himself out?

Posting normal things on here, like asking for help in finding supplies might help. Sounded like a good conversation topic to me. Could be a good start huh? But it's going to be hard to do as long as others keep throwing old dirt in on him. Wouldn't you think?

Tom

Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Benji: "Hey, guys, sorry that we got off on the wrong foot. I really value your friendship and I know I've said some things that were interpreted as disrespectful and not genuine. I've made mistakes in communication I admit but I'd like to try again. What do you say? So, I got this job in Finland and it's going to be so great! I can't wait to tell you how it turns out. If there is anything I can do to smooth things out, just send me a note and let's chat."

From my perspective, this would smooth things up pretty quick.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Thanks Scott. Well Done.

Tom

JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Years ago I was on here touting my marketing stuff and got into it with Danny (I'm sure he remembers). Boy was I a stupid kid. Now much older and dare I say wiser, Benji will learn.

The fact that I called him out and publicly asked for real reviews from real working pros who bought and used his material and never received a response is enough to tell me that his products are just fly by night wares.

And Tom, have you bought any of his material?

I also agree with Scott as Mindpro and Danny have been just great and helpful to me. I reached out to both of them regarding some questions and they have helped a lot. Never dismissive and always helpful. These are 2 guys that work. I don't know who Mindpro is, but by his posts he knows what he is doing.

I am slowly transitioning into corporate work and did a show last night for a new agent and received the review below. It really made me happy to get such a great review and in sharing it I hope to show Tom, Benji and others that the folks on here who are passionate about their art and business (Danny, Mindpro and Scott) would congratulate a success.

"I recently hired Josh London to perform both strolling magic as well as a “show” for a very picky (repeat) client of mine (Toshiba) and was a little nervous hiring someone I had not met in person, however just speaking with Josh over the phone I could tell I would be in great care sending him to perform for not only a very important client, but also a group of guests who were from all over the world with different language barriers.

Upon calling Josh I felt an immediate sense of relief at his professional demeanor, his eloquence with describing his performance options and his versatility and easy to work with personality.

After booking Josh for this event I was told not only by my client but other performers booked on the event at how amazing Josh’s performances were and how involved he kept the guests in his show. He was on-time, professional, adaptable to the situation and location and just an amazing person to have at our event.

He passed out our business cards and pointed future clients back to us which absolutely shows the integrity of his nature and I could not be more pleased with booking him.

I will absolutely be booking Josh for all of our Magic entertainment from this point on.
10 + stars to this amazing performer."

The quote just made my day and I was going to make a separate post, but then thought, heck I'll put it here.

Josh
Josh
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10241 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, but the key is it must be genuine, true in every sense and intention. The real problem lies in Benji's personality. Through his motivational leaders he has been the perfect student that buys into typical guru offerings. That has impacted his life. It has helped him in overcoming aspects of his past and upbringing. That is great and something positive he's taken from this. However, it has also created this overly-confident, arrogant personality, which as any psychologist will tell you is a shield or a cover typically for something, often inadequacies. He's overcome much and should be more humbled than arrogant.

It's this guru-generated confidence that makes his unrelatable to others who do not appear on his guru-level. That is why most of what you see of Benji is in the presence of other guru's motivational, product-selling events. Benji is a student, and that is where this whole following in their footsteps of guru-dome began. They now teach anyone can be an expert, even without a track record or experience. Benji has heard this message loud and clear.

However it is now who he has become. Personalities such as this find sincerity, being genuine or humble a sign of weakness and lack of being in control at all times. As long as this exists he can not do the about face Scott describes.

At one point I had considered offering assistance to Benji that would put him on a better path. I was also told by mutual friends to give him a chance. I laid low for a while and actually ran into Benji at several events. I observed. He is the exact over-confident, ungenuie, arrogant character in person that he projects here. It's not an act, it is who he has become. The suits, the high-priced luxury rental cars that he can't afford, the free shows he's done just to say he's done this or that for a name company, etc. Benji has evolved, but to the Un-Charming, un-humble Mentalist. It's a shame, but it is what he looks up to. As long as that remains, most would find his change of approach suspect and not genuine.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10241 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Way to go Josh. I commend you for not handing out your own business cards at the event, but the agencies cards. As an agency owner, this is a sign of a true professional. Many even experienced entertainers will not do this. When working with an agency you should always view it as a relationship, with potential long-term benefits. By doing what you did it showed your integrity, professionalism and says many things unverbally about yourself to those in charge. One of the greatest compliments you can get is when an agent or buyer from a company is willing to trust their position, image and reputation to you and in your hands. It is both an honor, responsibility and a priviledge that many entertainers do not understand. This is how you do business honestly.

Nice review. It is how you will move forward and establish yourself quickly in a new market with new relationships.

Part of learning is being open-minded, willing to listen and learn. You can't do that if you think you know it all or feel you're the smartest guy in the room. You should be excited and commended on your efforts and professional ethics. Great job.

I sincerely mean this and am not just offering this because of the whack perceptions and content of this thread.
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Nice job Josh!
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Congratulations Josh. Well Done, and I mean that.

Yes I bought his ebook on restaurant magic a long time ago. Posted that I liked it, and guess what two people attacked me for saying I did? They still hate me for it today. Later it got a good review in one of the magic magazines.

But no I haven't seen any of his newer products. I can't comment on them. Haven't seen any bad reviews oh. Have you?

But hey, I have never said anywhere on here that I supported everything Benji does. I only support his right to be treated with respect. I hate seeing his every word twisted into something it's not and just guessing what he is up to.

Tom

magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Thanks guys. One other thing I did that really helped was yesterday before the gig sent the agent by overnight mail a very nice bottle of wine. I think that's what sent me over the top.

Through all these posts and threads and blatant BS I've learned to be humble. All te real working pros are humble, sincere and just do great shows.

Josh
Josh
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Stay humble Josh and you will go far. Don't let threads like this convince you that it's ok to be anything other than humble.

Humility is one of those characteristics that seems to divide people. That's why the higher up the success ladder you go the more you see humble people.

Tom

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Josh congtadulations.

Tom since you are irony impaired ler me point out YIU KEEP THROWING OLD SIRT IN ME! Isn't it great how you keep missing this stuff?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do they have this in Finland? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL