The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Upsetting. Too close to home... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 07:51, Russell Davidson wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 07:19, tommy wrote:
Maybe the poor girl is not Lesbian or poor but just a common-a-garden rich Paedophile.

I don't think you can attach that label to her. 18 & 15 for me does not equal being a paedophile.

Was she a pedophile when they were 17 and 15, or did she magically become one on her birthday?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Oh look, here we have the feminists dream female. A lesbian that is of the opinion that she is above the law. But I AM A WOMAN, this should be an automatic excuse for bad behaviour (a similar episode happened in Australia

http://antimisandry.com/blogs/christianj......hile-95/
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 10:20, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Apparently the younger girls parents had notified police and the police tapped the girls phone and they made the younger girl call the older girl to talk about the sexual relationship over the phone. That apparently is where the evidence came from in this case.

Smells a bit like entrapment. Both parents of both parties could have discussed the matter prior to the girl reaching adulthood. But instead wait and entrap her .... Hmmmmmm

Doesn't sound remotely like entrapment.

Entrapment means that you encourage someone to commit a crime, then arrest them for it.

Here, they were merely trying to extract a confession to something already committed, not encouraging someone to commit something.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Apparently the younger girls parents had notified police and the police tapped the girls phone and they made the younger girl call the older girl to talk about the sexual relationship over the phone. That apparently is where the evidence came from in this case.

Smells a bit like entrapment. Both parents of both parties could have discussed the matter prior to the girl reaching adulthood. But instead wait and entrap her .... Hmmmmmm

-Bobby

That's not what "entrapment" means. that's just gathering evidence. The police didn't induce her to commit the crime that she wouldn't have otherwise committed.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 11:17, tommy wrote:
Age of consent reform refers to efforts to change age of consent laws, whether to raise or lower or abolish the age of consent, or to change the ways in which the laws are applied.

Sounds like a good idea.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 11:27, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

-Bobby

That's not what "entrapment" means. that's just gathering evidence. The police didn't induce her to commit the crime that she wouldn't have otherwise committed.

Bill beat me to it. Dang lawyers!

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
To who? Or should I say, to whown?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4808 Posts

Profile of landmark
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 11:31, tommy wrote:
To who? Or should I say, to whown?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

So, was she a pedophile when they were 17 and 15, or did she turn into one on her birthday?

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Here is another "good idea" the Lesbian Pervert Paedophile should be allowed to adopt the victim.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Stop extrapolating - you'll go blind.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 11:27, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

-Bobby

LOL well don't I feel dumb... goes to show you not to listen what everyone else says... I looked up the meaning and your correct and I'm embarrassed LOL.. well not really.. But still I feel awful about all this... I still think putting a 15 year old in that position is still pretty crappy.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Dictionary = Friend ...
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Atouchofmagic1,

You shouldn't feel dumb or embarrassed - anyone who admits they made a mistake is not dumb and has nothing to be embarrassed about.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Awww! Well thank you Destiny. A mistake it was... There is a huge outpouring of support for this girl in our small town... I believe she has until this Friday to accept the plea deal from the state or it will go to trial.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 11:44, tommy wrote:
Here is another "good idea" the Lesbian Pervert Paedophile should be allowed to adopt the victim.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't answer the question, either.

atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Quote:
Apparently the younger girls parents had notified police and the police tapped the girls phone and they made the younger girl call the older girl to talk about the sexual relationship over the phone.

-Bobby

I was always taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question..... So to lawyers or anyone else who might know.... Is this legal??? I mean setting her up like that.. Not bringing her in for questioning... Im really curious as I really don't know.

-Bobby
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
To tap the phone they would have had to get a warrant. To get the warrant they would have to show a judge that they had probable cause to believe a crime had been or was being committed. Based on the younger girls statements to them it seems that they had probable cause. The younger girl then cooperated with the police by making the phone call.

This is fairly standard procedure and, if there was probable cause and a warrant was properly obtained, there is nothing illegal about it.

It illustrates why, if you are doing something illegal, you shouldn't talk about it on the telephone.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 16:43, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Quote:
Apparently the younger girls parents had notified police and the police tapped the girls phone and they made the younger girl call the older girl to talk about the sexual relationship over the phone.

-Bobby

I was always taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question.

There is, but they're rare.

If I just went through the entire semester class schedule in detail, and a student asks, "When's the final?", that's a stupid question.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 17:25, mastermindreader wrote:
To tap the phone they would have had to get a warrant. To get the warrant they would have to show a judge that they had probable cause to believe a crime had been or was being committed. Based on the younger girls statements to them it seems that they had probable cause. The younger girl then cooperated with the police by making the phone call.

This is fairly standard procedure and, if there was probable cause and a warrant was properly obtained, there is nothing illegal about it.

It illustrates why, if you are doing something illegal, you shouldn't talk about it on the telephone.

Or with people wired for sound.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Upsetting. Too close to home... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL