The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Upsetting. Too close to home... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
They should get a sign proclaiming "NAMBLA walks with me".
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
An 18 year old having a sexual relationship with a 15 year old is not a pedophile.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_indi......r-status

Romeo & Juliet law could be used in this case... I never heard of it... Article posted from local news.

-Bobby
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Now to inject this into the mix, though not directly related to the OP...in South Carolina, the perpetrator does not even have to be older than the victim
Quote:
SECTION 16-15-140. Committing or attempting lewd act upon child under sixteen.

It is unlawful for a person over the age of fourteen years to wilfully and lewdly commit or attempt a lewd or lascivious act upon or with the body, or its parts, of a child under the age of sixteen years,[emphasis added] with the intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust or passions or sexual desires of the person or of the child.

A person violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be fined in the discretion of the court or imprisoned not more than fifteen years, or both.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 10:12, JRob wrote:
Now to inject this into the mix, though not directly related to the OP...in South Carolina, the perpetrator does not even have to be older than the victim
Quote:
SECTION 16-15-140. Committing or attempting lewd act upon child under sixteen.

It is unlawful for a person over the age of fourteen years to wilfully and lewdly commit or attempt a lewd or lascivious act upon or with the body, or its parts, of a child under the age of sixteen years,[emphasis added] with the intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust or passions or sexual desires of the person or of the child.

A person violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be fined in the discretion of the court or imprisoned not more than fifteen years, or both.

Yes, there have been statutory rape cases where the "offender" was younger than the "victim."

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
It seems to me, a 15 year old girl is a child and no one, no matter what age, should be having sex with a child.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-22 11:53, tommy wrote:
It seems to me, a 15 year old girl is a child and no one, no matter what age, should be having sex with a child.

Yes but the fact is kids these days are having sex plain and simple. Some starting as young as 12 and 13 years old. With that said, I believe if a child can seem to make the conscious decision to do drugs in high school, have sex, skip school or whatever the hell they want then they obviously know what they are doing. Its not like they don't have a fully developed brain and cant make choices.

(The two girls in this situation had a relationship together and MADE THAT CHOICE) Not the older one saying awwwww come on babe I'm older and overpowering you with my crazy Jedi mind games.... LOL get real.....

I know I wasnt a legal 18 year adult when I first had sex, smoked my first cigarette, tried dope, saw an R rated movie.... I mean come on

I have seen first hand at that high school as I attended it seniors go to jail for date raping younger girls at parties after drugging their drinks..... THAT deserves punishment.... 2 girls, high school romance, consensual (whether you say so or not) Not the same in my opinion..

-Bobby
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
The fact is people are murdering people plain and simple Simon. Smile Tell them to stop it!

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
I thought you said it was a little quite town ........ It's not Babalon is it?

Tommy
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 13:33, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
I believe if a child can seem to make the conscious decision to do drugs in high school, have sex, skip school or whatever the hell they want then they obviously know what they are doing.

You're kidding, right?
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I'm sure we'll see Chris Hansen interviewing him any moment now...
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Its not like they don't have a fully developed brain and cant make choices.

It's exactly like that. Adolescents' brains are undergoing incredible, unbelievable changes; they're not remotely "fully developed". That's (at least part of) the reason that they do really, really stupid stuff.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-22 14:02, tommy wrote:
I thought you said it was a little quite town ........ It's not Babalon is it?

It is a little town but my above mentioned post refers to anywhere in the US. This kind of situation is not new.... It just so happens this girl made National News more or less because it was a same sex relationship..
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-22 14:29, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
Its not like they don't have a fully developed brain and cant make choices.

It's exactly like that. Adolescents' brains are undergoing incredible, unbelievable changes; they're not remotely "fully developed". That's (at least part of) the reason that they do really, really stupid stuff.

So a 16 year old by law has enough of a fully developed brain to be able to drive a car or obtain a part time job but not developed enough to make sexual choices??? Get real...

That makes absolutely no sense. So a young man or woman at 17 is not capable of making these choices but 24hrs later on their 18th birthday (as if by MAGIC) boom they now know how to make these choices..

I find it hard to believe...

-Bobby
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-22 14:26, Salguod Nairb wrote:
I'm sure we'll see Chris Hansen interviewing him any moment now...

Really?
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Quote:

I have seen first hand at that high school as I attended it seniors go to jail for date raping younger girls at parties after drugging their drinks..... THAT deserves punishment.... 2 girls, high school romance, consensual (whether you say so or not) Not the same in my opinion..

-Bobby

Let me rephrase this if I may. I have not seen first hand but more or less heard instances of this happening at after parties in this town and others like it... This is more of a reference thing. Im saying that there are people who have done worse and will continue to do worse.... I really do believe this girl didn't do anything wrong...

Again just my opinion.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Uh... yes... really.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
So a 16 year old by law has enough of a fully developed brain to be able to drive a car or obtain a part time job but not developed enough to make sexual choices???

Yes, 16 year olds are, in general, too immature (in more than one manner) to make responsible sexual choices.

Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense.

Disagree

Quote:
So a young man or woman at 17 is not capable of making these choices but 24hrs later on their 18th birthday (as if by MAGIC) boom they now know how to make these choices..

Did someone mention an instantaneous change that occurs overnight?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

OK, Everyone here is right... I myself am still young and must have much to learn... And according to Salguod, am a predator myself who can expect a visit from Chris Hansen .... Lmao..... No seriously I have not laughed that hard in a long time....

I guess an 18 year old made a bad choice (being old enough to make it) and manipulated a poor feeble minded young lady to have sex...

What a shame.... Well I guess the only thing we can all agree on is this girls life is over....

End of story...

Now off to practice my Zarrow..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Upsetting. Too close to home... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL