The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jodi begs Travis's Family for forgiveness...NOT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/Arias-T......pVideos/

I'm surprised she didn't break out in song "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony"

After court she went back to the jail where she will be granting interviews until midnight.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I guess we can dispense with the "she wants to die" stuff now.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 00:11, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/Arias-T......pVideos/

I'm surprised she didn't break out in song "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony"

After court she went back to the jail where she will be granting interviews until midnight.

I couldn't get the link to work, but I've read that among other causes (some quite insignificant, given the horror of her crime), she wishes to donate her hair should she be spared from the death penalty.

Given that human scalp hair grows at an average rate at about 6 inches per year, and in her early thirties having a life expectancy of probably fifty or more years, and given that all the aging colors of her hair will be usable for the varying ages of women needing hair for chemo treatments, she will provide about twenty five feet of hair for harvest for the remainder of her life.

Not knowing how many inches of hair are needed for the average wig, for whatever purpose, one must ask, is her life worth twenty five feet of hair, most of which is used only temporarily?

And a final question remains. Is the cost to maintain her life's bodily functions worth the cost to taxpayers for the next fifty years?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The cost to the tax payers if she gets the death penalty will, including the mandatory first appeal and probably many subsequent ones, is actually higher than it would be for a straight life term, for which she'd be eligible for parole in twenty-five years.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The whole thing has been, as many have stated, a circus.

I find myself incredulous over what I am seeing and hearing. She's selling Tshirts!??

They should spare her life because she can draw?????

And she was SO clinical in her multi-media presentation. I know if it were me, I would be balling, practically on my knees begging the family for forgiveness.

But Jodi? She has these half baked ideas that she can influence this jury by selling Tshirts and giving away her hair.
Totally bizarre!

I've been thinking about this alot:

What would be the worst punishment? Death? Instant and painless with injection.

Life on death row? Seeing that little cramped hole she gets to live in, I'd say that would be a fate worse than death.

I just don't know.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes I guess we can dispense with the "she wants to die" stuff now as she is planning to escape and comming to get Al.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

If Jodi gets life she will be in general population where I believe she will adapt and thrive. She will also have the possibility of being freed at the age of 52.
If she gets death she will spend 10-12 years on death row spending 23 hrs. a day in her cell. Don't care if it costs a bit more, it's the just thing to do.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4807 Posts

Profile of landmark
Okay, I'm going to admit I've avoided this whole thing pretty successfully up to now. I don't even know what was supposed to have happened other than that she was accused of murder. Maybe someone can fill me in. Meanwhile, I've got to say that I was laughing out loud at some of that video. But my real question is...how does she get that lustrous shine in her hair?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Only her hairdresser knows for sure.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-22 12:18, landmark wrote:
I don't even know what was supposed to have happened other than that she was accused of murder. Maybe someone can fill me in.

Here is the Reader's Digest version:

Jodi Arias planned and carried out the murder of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. From the day she was first questioned she has told one false story after another, starting with "I wasn't even in Arizona", that lasted till they told her they found her palm print in the blood at the crime scene. So she said OK I was there, but I didn't kill Travis, he was killed by 2 intruders That's the story she told 48 hrs from her jail cell. When they finally convinced her there was no way around it she admitted to killing him but now it was self defense ( he was stabbed 27 times, had his throat cut and was shot in the head )

In court, the jury didn't believe her even asking her questions like "You have lied from the very beginning so why should we believe you now?" In the end they didn't believe her (her story didn't match up with the evidence they had) and found her guilty of 1st degree murder. In her final plea for her life she never told the Alexander family she was sorry for the grief she had caused and didn't shed a tear as she told the jury how much good she could do for society in prison. (selling her hair to make wigs and teaching illiterate inmates how to read.) As of this writing the jury is still deliberating on life in prison or the death sentence.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4807 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks. Motive?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If she can't have him, no one can.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-22 19:21, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If she can't have him, no one can.

Yeah, real life Fatal Attraction.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5705 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Stabbed 27 times, throat cut AND shot in the head?

Talk about overkill, literally. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4807 Posts

Profile of landmark
I think I'm beginning to dislike her.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 21:23, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Stabbed 27 times, throat cut AND shot in the head?

Talk about overkill, literally. Smile

I'm surprised she didn't claim that he had committed suicide.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Now the jury can't decide. Infreakincrrdible.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
If they can't there will be another jury brought in who will. Ain't gonna be no deadlock here.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 22:01, landmark wrote:
I think I'm beginning to dislike her.

Yup, she's pretty unlikable. Actually, more evil than unlikable.

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What gets me is that she always speaks in that soft, kind of "gentle" purry kind of voice. As if she's really a gentle, (dare I say it?) sexy lovin kind of woman. But beware guys. She'll slit your throat from ear to ear.

Given the chance, she'll gut you like a Christmas turkey.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jodi begs Travis's Family for forgiveness...NOT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL