The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Prop making (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edhagins
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of edhagins
I don't know if this is the right forum but:
Does anyone know of a prop builder that could fashion a 4 or 5 inch diamond for discovery inside a fountain of silks?
We need something lightweight.
The one currently in use is a 5 inch glass paperweight. It is very cumbersome and quite heavy for a body load.
Ed
BigWheel
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of BigWheel
You may not need a custom build. There are 'novelty jumbo diamonds' made of plastic that you can find online.

http://www.amazon.com/Giant-Clear-Glass-......+diamond

http://www.greatbigstuff.com/products/diamond-ring

I hope this helps.
edhagins
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of edhagins
BigWheel,

Thanks, but the links you posted were both for the solid glass (heavy) paperweight.

I too assumed I'd find a lightweight plastic one somewhere on the internet but I've had no luck.

At one time, if my memory serves mr right, I saw a bracelet that looked like a finger ring. It had a light-weight giant hollow plastic diamond on it.
I've searched all over to no avail.

Ed
edhagins
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of edhagins
It's funny, the minute I replied to BigWheel, I realised I had not Googled "Jumbo toy finger ring". And there it was. Unfortunately, smaller than I remembered. So I'm back looking for a 4"-5" light weight plastic diamond.
Ed
BigWheel
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of BigWheel
I know I've seen a 4"-5" lightweight plastic diamond in a toy shop or online. I'll keep looking! 2" diamonds are available from craft stores, but doubling that size seems to make them harder to find.
edhagins
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of edhagins
Thaks,
I appreciate the help!
Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Prop making (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL