The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rick Maue (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
I was looking into purchasing an ebook from Rich Maue. Have nothing from him and after reading such great things and seeing his clip for the DVDs I thought what the heck. So I went to his site and saw he has a package deal for The Journey, Imagine and The Road bundled for $47. Not knowing what to expect I decided to get it. When I clicked Buy Now as instructed it took me to a page and said the price was $25. That didn't seem right and I wanted to make sure I got what I wanted so I emailed Rick.
r
He thanked me for pointing out the error and included the ebook bundle in his email to me and said pay me when you have a chance! I couldn't believe it! I just wanted to double check with him to make sure that the link was working but he went above and beyond.

I have the ebooks and I'm working through them and they are fantastic so far!

I guess what I'm getting at with this post is that Rick is a stand up guy and a pleasure to give my money to!

Josh
Josh
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Rick is an innovative thinker and a genuinely great soul. I'm glad you discovered him - you won't be sorry! That's a great package that you purchased, some of his best thinking. He's also reprinting The Book of Haunted Magick in a limited edition hardcover. This would be well worth giving some more of your money for. My original softcover has paid for itself several times over.
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

My corporate how is about 60% Mentalism so Rick's material will help full the gaps as I'd like to transition away from magic.
Josh
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Rick is a great guy, great thinker and offers great personal customer service. Since you've now discovered Rick's work, enjoy it, use it, brag about how great it is and get it out of your system, then...shhhh!, as you don't want the word to spread too much.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Ya I didn't even want to tell you guys he is great, but you just don't see customer service like that too often, especially with all the guru's peddling useless crap (wink wink).

For those who have The Book of Haunted Magick, is it bizarre type material or more of the "same feel" as The Road and Journey?
Josh
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
It's a mixed bag. A lot of bizarre stuff but also a bunch of material that can be easily adapted to a more traditional presentation. A terrific book if you can get your hands on one. Has he reprinted this?
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
He has or is in the process of doing so - a hardcover edition.
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
THB
View Profile
Regular user
Brussels
177 Posts

Profile of THB
And I can only suspect him to have a good evening tonight... SOOO far Smile its not over yet...
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I am a fan of Rick's thinking and, while I don't know him very well, he seems to be a great guy. For anyone who has read all the above and is looking for the link to Rick's work, I've included it here:

http://www.deceptionsunlimited.com/products.html

Best,

Atlas
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
He is a class act and his material is worth having. Highly recommend.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I love Rick's thinking. I love performing Group Dynamic and Body Language together when I can.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Rick lectured here in New Jersey at I.B.M Ring 165 a few years back and his approach to Mentalism was refreshing.

He is a most impressive individual.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I think even Rick's wife married him for his "thinking"

I think I own almost everything he has put out.

J
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
"The Book of Haunted Magick" was the first purely mentalism book I purchased and remains among the best ever. All his products are high quality. Moreover, I have had marvelous response regarding customer service. I've dealt with his wife as opposed to Rick himself, but she went above and beyond on a couple of occasions for me, too, both in regard to price and in regard to making available products that were listed as no longer available.

Highest quality of people, thinking, and products.
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
Over three years later the price discrepancy is still on Rick's website! Which is the actual price, $47 or $25?

Murf
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
So sorry for the inconvenience, my friends. It was nothing but an oversight...but in my defense, I haven't even looked at my own website for more than four years. After all, I've been a tad busy working with my surgeons and trying to figure out how to stay alive. Smile

That said, the link to the PayPal page was wrong. It will (hopefully) be corrected today. The actual price for both ebooks has always been $47 (it wasn't supposed to be any type of special deal...the combo was simply there to keep folks from having to make two "purchases" if they wanted both books). However, considering our failure to correct the link, there will now be a special price of $40 for the combo package. And, as I said, the correction should be made later today.

Thanks very much, everyone.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
Hope I didn't sound argumentative with my question! I fully realize how easy it is to let a website get out of date, even if you're not dealing with health issues, and the question was intended as a gentle reminder, even if it may not have come across that way. I also understand how health issues can disrupt your routine, to say the least. Hope your surgeons are doing a great job!

Murf
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Not at all, Murf. No problem, my friend. Smile
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rick Maue (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL