The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Auction of the Kramien Show and Magic Collection. SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2013 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
The show and magic collection of renowned illusionist, Stan Kramien, will be auctioned Sunday, September 1, 2013 with magic auctioneer, David Goodman, handling the gavel.

There will be HUNDREDS OF ITEMS for sale including classic stage illusions from craftsmen including Carl Owen, John Gaughan, Bill Smith, John Pomeroy, Abbotts and more, small magic props old and new, gorgeous costumes, scenery, sound and lighting equipment, Stan's last semi-truck and show trailer, books, posters, memorabilia and MUCH MORE. Auction will be held at Kramien's BIG TOP RANCH ARENA in Newberg, Oregon (near Portland - site of past NW Magic Jamboree conventions.)

In addition, the night before the auction (Saturday, August 31) yours truly will be presenting Kramien's Shazam! show for the final time, live on stage at the Big Top Arena. This will be a weekend of magic and memories for everyone. Stan Kramien (who just celebrated his 88th birthday on May 9) will be there in-person to visit, reminisce and sign autographs.

For full details and video preview, go to: http://www.KramienAuction.com

Thanks for reading!
David Charvet
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Wish I was there to see the auction and your great performance.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
This will be monumental... I've seen lots of the stuff.. mind blowing.. Wow! You have to video your performance!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Wow!!, You can bet on me being there. I've been lucky enough to see Stan perform his show twice here in Eugene. I think I've made it to at least 7 of his jamboree's through the years. It would be an honor to own something of his.
Bob.
James Arnott
View Profile
New user
London
54 Posts

Profile of James Arnott
Looks like it'll be a holiday to Oregon then...
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
My daughter goes to college in Newberg ( George Fox University... GO BRUINS!!!) It looks like when I drop her off for her sophomore year, I will be sticking around for a week!

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I'll be there for sure!!
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
We have added a Facebook Event Page with daily updates of items that will be available at the auction.
Take a look at:

https://www.facebook.com/events/680985618593507/

We have also added new video clips to the website: http://www.KramienAuction.com.
Click on "About Kramien" and watch him perform the Buzz Saw illusion with David Letterman on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show,
and the show opening from his NHK Magic Special in Japan - filmed at the Variety Arts Theater in Los Angeles.

Thanks for looking!
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
What an event!!! David, will you guys post starting bids ahead of time so us hopefuls know how much cash to start setting aside? I have a "dream vision" to pay for, but after that I will start saving for this auction. Will you guys take credit card payments?
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Scott -

YES, the opening bids and estimates (which are just that, "estimates") will be posted on the website: http://www.KramienAuction.com AUGUST 1. The printed catalog will also be available August 10.

YES - credit cards will be accepted.

If you're bidding online, you may register at http://www.LiveAuctioneers.com after August 1. Proxy bids may also be placed online before September 1, for those who will not be around on the day of the auction.

If you have not ever attended an auction hosted by David Goodman, you're in for a treat. He knows magic, history and is a PRO. He makes every item entertaining.

Hope to see you there!
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
This sounds like a great event. I look forward to having the chance to purchase something from the Shazam show. Good luck to all involved.

John
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
A lot of wondefuls magic props!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
AUCTION CATALOG NOW ONLINE AT LIVE AUCTIONEERS:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/4......on/page1

You may also register to bid online. Bids are being accepted now on all items.

We have picked through the hundreds of items and chosen "the best of the best" - a total of 106 lots - to offer for sale, to keep the auction moving and fun. If you get tired sitting through long, tedious sales, this is the auction for you! There are some great illusions, stage props, costumes, scenery and general magic items, as well as custom one-of-a-kind creations featured by Kramien through the years. With David Goodman at the gavel, it will all go quickly.

Thanks for looking!
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of illusionist333
When you register to be a bidder, can you bid on items now?

If so, I notice some bids on some of the items. How do you know if you win?

If you bid online, will items be shipped to buyers?

Thanks!
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Those look like some great deals. is the buyers premium based on the initial price or the final price? Are any of the items available with a "buy it now" option. I was planning on attending, but will now be in Alabama for 6 weeks so I, unfortunately, will miss it.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Scott,

The buyers premium (ouch!) is added to the final sale price. ie. if you won an item at 100$ the total would be 123$. I don't believe they have a buy now. That would be nice and I certainly would have snapped up a few items this way. I guess it wouldn't be much of an auction if everything was sold before the auction started. LOL

John
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Someone's bound to ask...the music playing in the background of the auction video is from the musical "They're Playing Our Song"!

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
I reaaalllly wish there were videos of his TV appearances for sale. I can't find many of them (that I don't already have. lol) I've even checked the SAM video library. I'm looking for his appearance on Carson where he zig zagged his assistant Clayborne.

Speaking of assistants, is Kramien still in contaact with many of them?
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
A video of the final performance by David Charvet would be something to see.....David?

John
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Not if that video would be offered at a 23% premium too!!! Jesus! (sorry Stan) I can see it's not that bad when you are buying a low cost item, but I am sure some of those will go up past 5000......then you get to pay an extra grand to the auction house. I'd rather just pay Stan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Auction of the Kramien Show and Magic Collection. SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2013 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL