The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jodi Arias Trial - take 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
The 5 month long trial came to a standstill today. The jury came to a "non-verdict", they have deadlocked, 8 for death and 4 for life in prison.
A new jury selection begins next week and the penalty phase of the trail will start over on July 18th. If that jury also deadlocks then the death penalty comes off the table.

Meanwhile, Sheriff Arpaio (the warden) said there will be no more interviews and Jodi will be spending 23 hours a day in her 11' x 7' cell, coincidently the same set-up she would have on death row.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
That should be a welcomed experience for her so she might have a look at her future. Given those conditions I wonder how long she will continue to design t-shirts and grow her hair. I don't think she is destined for the death penalty. I only hope she doesn't get any kind of parole provision and that she spends the rest of her life in a cell as you described.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 00:47, Bob1Dog wrote:
I don't think she is destined for the death penalty.

I agree. It's one thing to say she deserves it but I'll bet its a lot harder when your the one signing her death warrant.

Quote:
I only hope she doesn't get any kind of parole provision and that she spends the rest of her life in a cell as you described.

She will only be in that cell if she is on death row. If she gets life she will be in general population and free to make all the T-shirts she wants.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Should Jodi get the death penalty?

My answer may sound strange to many. Only if she desires to live.

If she wants to live she should get the death penalty. However if she truly wants to be executed because she feels it will just all be over then she should not receive the death penalty. The sentence should fit the crime.

She deserves the most severe punishment that can be given. However in some cases death is not the most severe punishment. Is that cruel and unusual punishment? I don't think so. It is just.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Anyone more or less who wants death can always take their own life.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Although Jodi deserves the death penalty it appears that the jury thought that she was too cute and glib to die.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Well, only a minority of them. Wonder if that minority really meant it long ago when they affirmed they were capable of the death penalty for a heinous crime... Justice in the USA is now only for the criminal...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 10:33, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Well, only a minority of them. Wonder if that minority really meant it long ago when they affirmed they were capable of the death penalty for a heinous crime... Justice in the USA is now only for the criminal...

My thoughts exactly. If they were truthful about their answer there should be no question about their verdict.

However I play cards with a guy who is in his 50's and he thinks she is the cutest and sexiest thing in the world. He readily admits she is guilty. I mean she really turns this guy on and he would never give her the death penalty ever. I wonder if those who oppose the death penalty for her on the jury are men or women.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Acesover
When the black widow mates she kills her partner w3hen she is finished with him.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Or 7 foot Lesbians.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Perhaps it is the female scorpion I'm not that sure about all the predators, but you get the idea.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Speaking of Lesbians: If Lesbians are born Lesbian then how come prison gives birth to so many Arias women?

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 10:46, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 10:33, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:

My thoughts exactly. If they were truthful about their answer there should be no question about their verdict.

However I play cards with a guy who is in his 50's and he thinks she is the cutest and sexiest thing in the world. He readily admits she is guilty. I mean she really turns this guy on and he would never give her the death penalty ever. I wonder if those who oppose the death penalty for her on the jury are men or women.

I think she's pretty hot, and I'd vote death penalty in a second.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 11:12, tommy wrote:
Speaking of Lesbians: If Lesbians are born Lesbian then how come prison gives birth to so many Arias women?

It's called being "gay for the stay". Person goes in hetero, turns gay for the stay, and goes back to being a hetero when they get out.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I'm a bit confused.

Is it just a new sentencing trial that needs to be done or a whole new trial for conviction? I mean, she WAS convicted wasn't she? The sentencing trial wasn't very long and I wouldn't think another sentencing trial would have to be anywhere near as long as the first trail but because the juty was hung on the sentencing phase, they don't have to completely retry her do they?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No. The conviction stands, as does the finding of aggravating circumstances. The only thing that may be retried is the sentencing phase.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2729 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Problem is, the new jury will know the other jury (that heard all the facts)
couldn't decide. Won't that make it even harder?

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 11:22, Marlin1894 wrote:
Quote:

It's called being "gay for the stay". Person goes in hetero, turns gay for the stay, and goes back to being a hetero when they get out.

So that blows the Lesbians born theory out of the water.

What about the TSA - "gay for the TSA" - Same thing?

Tommy
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 14:44, tommy wrote:

What about the TSA - "gay for the TSA" - Same thing?

Lol. You'll have to draw your own conclusions.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 14:44, tommy wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 11:22, Marlin1894 wrote:
Quote:

Not at all.

1) Some people are bisexual, and may prefer straight relationships (for a variety of reasons) but will engage in gay relationships if that's all that's available.

2) Some of the gay relationships are coercive.

3) Some people who are gay "in the real word" never have gay relationships; they may, in fact, engage in straight relationships despite its not being their inclination, for a number of reasons, but in prison, they can engage in gay relationships with a built in excuse or rationalization.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jodi Arias Trial - take 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL