The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy Kueppers Query (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 06:10, TheTrickman wrote:
A quick update from me. After speaking to Roy a few times he has remade my order and posted it within a week of him saying he would remake my order.
It was sent with tracking but I have been hit with an import tax bill (Go UK customs) so am expecting delivery tomorrow.

Since this thread started and Roy posted a reply he has kept his word with regards to my order.

Very glad to hear this!
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Okay...so the final post from me on this thread I started. I received delivery of my £2 OXF coin yesterday and I must say I am incredibly pleased with the craftsmanship of it. It far excels the 'over the counter' flipper and shell I have been using to date.

Obviously I cannot ignore that it took nearly 10 months to get here nor the other reports on this thread but I can say that since Roy posted on here and got in contact with me he has kept his word at every turn and the customer service has been excellent.
I really hope it is a permanent change as his work is exemplary and his prices are excellent.
attken
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of attken
I am still waiting my parcel...
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
Here is the expanded shell set I got from Roy Kueppers:

tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Are you pleased with it?
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
Haha, yes I am! Roy certainly selected a great set of coins for me, their very soft and also have some great tarnish on them. I've placed another order with him, so I'll post some more images of those once they arrive.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have several gaff sets from him.
And very satisfied with all of them also.
Todd
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2648 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Roy's work looks expectational. Craftsmen of this ability (in our game), are few and far between.

But FFS get your act together fella!

This is (with the advances of the Internet) an ever-shrinking World/Community, and poor perception sticks worse than sh*t to a blanket.

Sort your life out son, don't BS people and basically, give people what they pay for Roy.

I wish you every success mate.
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
Munken
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Munken
Today I received my package and the work is excellent. Roy has improved the service and delivery of packages, to fit his work on coins. He is a good craftsman so I really hope the new level at delivering will keep on at the current level.
I am happy now
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-10-15 18:28, Munken wrote:
Today I received my package and the work is excellent. Roy has improved the service and delivery of packages, to fit his work on coins. He is a good craftsman so I really hope the new level at delivering will keep on at the current level.
I am happy now

Now, that's the best advertising! Let your customers speak for you.

I hope to hear more of this.

Regards,

Alan
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Right on, Roy. Smile
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Just to jump in, I have ordered from Roy twice. Once for just a basic folding coin, and once for a customized walking liberty oxf set. Both times Roy was very easy to reach, and while making my oxf set, he sent me frequent updates on my order's progress. I received my folding coin a couple DAYS after my order, and after my oxf was shipped, I received it within a week. Roy has alway been very friendly and prompt with answering my emails, and the quality of his work is OUTSTANDING! Go Roy!
Highly recommended!

-Leo
TKF
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of TKF
Twice this year I have made orders with Roy Kueppers - & twice I have been left astounded at his craftmanship! (Where else on earth can you get a Canadian Scotch&Soda made so well?)

Spoke directly with Roy for the second order, and he was extremely attentive and diligent in assembling my order and ensuring I was highly satisifed!

Will be a third order before the year is done - Thanks Roy!
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Mine is still not here after 3 months of waiting .. email no reply, will try to call

first time order took me 2 months more to get mine, second time is about the same ...

might be the last time for me to purchase from him..
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
Bobby Puga
View Profile
Loyal user
El Centro, CA
201 Posts

Profile of Bobby Puga
I sent Roy a set of 4 matching soft Morgans less than 2 months ago so he can make me a matching expanded shell for the set...

Received the set on Monday, very satisfied!

Shell, first left

First top right

Customized greatly...
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 00:22, Shanlip wrote:
Roy,

You state "When a package is shipped and does not arrive, I will always offer to reship or refund payment."
I
This is rubbish! I ordered a Locking Sam from you and paid $120 after 12months and numerous emails that went unanswered I would then call, and get many conflicting stories.

I requested a refund sep 26th 2012 and just got a response I have sent it twice.

Well sir due to this I will never have dealings with you again, you need to learn a lot about customer service.

Never got a response!
MagicDebbie
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of MagicDebbie
Quote:
On 2013-09-21 12:36, bowers wrote:
I have several gaff sets from him.
And very satisfied with all of them also.
Todd

Same goes my way. Roy had excellent communication with me. I heard Roy did the "secret something" for Garrett Thomas's Imagination Coin project and it turned out very well from what I've read.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4798 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2014-01-26 18:50, MagicDebbie wrote:

I heard Roy did the "secret something" for Garrett Thomas's Imagination Coin project and it turned out very well from what I've read.

I suspect that may be the reason behind Roy's apparent Jekyll & Hyde personas when it comes to customer service. Roy does a lot of work for various dealer items. Not all are coin related either. For instance I know he manufactured the gimmicks for Paul Richards' "Token" effect.
He probably gets big orders from dealers with tight deadlines he knows he has to meet. So the smaller orders from individuals get put on the back burner and possibly fall through the cracks completely.
When he's not struggling to meet his dealer orders then you receive great service from him.
If this is at all true then certainly not a good way to run your business, but then again, I could be all wrong. Just speculating. But it does make sense and would explain the hit or miss his customers seem to experience.
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
My experience with Roy, unfortunately, has not been that good. I ordered an expanded shell set, and Roy seemed nice on the phone and was pleasant to talk to. However, when I received the set, I was not pleased. The shell was made too big, and the coins rattled loudly . I went to the coin store to find coins that match, and I didn't find a single coin that fit snugly. My conclusion was that he might have messed up and made it too big. I called him and told him about the shell fitting too loosely. He then told me to buy his DVD on shells, as that would teach me to fix the problem myself. I was put off by this, because if I was him, I would have the customer send the product back so that I can make things right, instead of asking the customer to spend more money on some new DVD which may or may not help. I decided never to order from him again
Not trying to talk trash, just giving my honest feedback for those who may be wondering.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2014-01-26 23:25, evikshin wrote:
He then told me to buy his DVD on shells, as that would teach me to fix the problem myself. I was put off by this, because if I was him, I would have the customer send the product back so that I can make things right, instead of asking the customer to spend more money on some new DVD which may or may not help.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend buying either Roy's Shell or Flipper DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy Kueppers Query (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL