The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy Kueppers Query (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1483 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 14:11, Stephon Johnson wrote:
@Al Desmond: Hey Al, I would LOVE to buy all my custom gaff coins from the Café forum...BUT SOME GUY named "AL" keeps buying all of them out from under me before I even see the listing!! (How do you do it man?? Do you carry a laptop around with you all day???) hahaha! Absolutely joking with you Al, I just couldn't resist!

Google Glasses!!! Absolutely joking with you Stevo, I just couldn't resist!
wsgumby
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of wsgumby
Good advice Al, only 6 more posts to go. Do you think my posts would tick off Todd? Really? Oh well, if I wind up on his blog I will accept it proudly as a protest against artists who believe their reputation exempts them from decent customer service.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1483 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 14:11, Stephon Johnson wrote:
@Al Desmond: Hey Al, I would LOVE to buy all my custom gaff coins from the Café forum...BUT SOME GUY named "AL" keeps buying all of them out from under me before I even see the listing!! (How do you do it man?? Do you carry a laptop around with you all day???) hahaha! Absolutely joking with you Al, I just couldn't resist!

Seriously. I work as a contract programmer, from home, in my secret mountain lair in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. I don't have cable broadband, but I do have fiber optics to a breakout box about 3/4 of a mile from here and from there a high speed DSL line (40mps/5mps). So... I'm online all day long. It's easy to keep a few tabs open to the Café. We can't get broadcast TV up here... all my video entertainment is by DVD or NetFlix (TV is wired to the network). I even get all of my broadcast radio over a few Internet radios scattered around the house.

I'm totally, 100% dependent on the internet for work, relaxation and information. (although work has SLOWED down a bit... I may have to go back to the supermarket working a cash register again. Don't turn 60... you're 40 years of experience at something won't be worth twiddle).
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Really, I suppose in this kind situation I would just like to know what to expect. "It is hard to be disappointed when expectations are met" is an old saying I have kind of adopted.

Its hard, though, because a new customer often doesn't know what to expect, and often the artist doesn't like the prospect of bringing it up (customer may change mind). I'm being general here, not speaking of anyone in particular.

As gaffers will (ideally) always have new customers, topics like this will keep appearing Smile Most of the time it seems that all works out and everyone is relatively happy at the end.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1483 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 14:47, Chessmann wrote:
Really, I suppose in this kind situation I would just like to know what to expect. "It is hard to be disappointed when expectations are met" is an old saying I have kind of adopted.

Its hard, though, because a new customer often doesn't know what to expect, and often the artist doesn't like the prospect of bringing it up (customer may change mind). I'm being general here, not speaking of anyone in particular.

As gaffers will (ideally) always have new customers, topics like this will keep appearing Smile Most of the time it seems that all works out and everyone is relatively happy at the end.

As soon as the "artist" gaffers stop taking on more work than they can produce... topics like this will keep disappear.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
What - refuse business? Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1483 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 15:26, Chessmann wrote:

Yea... it's called good customer service... you don't promise something you can't deliver in a timely manner. Look... I'm not going to keep arguing this point with anyone. If these simple concepts about customer service and honest business practices are too difficult for any grown person to understand, then I'm not going to be able to change your mind at this point.

Nor can I change the bad business practices of "artists."
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
515 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I promised to report back when my order arrived from Roy; and I am pleased to report that I received them July 1st. I was notified by PayPal that they shipped on June 27, so Roy took exactly as long as he stated when I called him for an estimate. That is even with adding something to my order several days after placing it. The coins are awesome, were packaged very well and had a letter of thanks and a business card included.
I agree that communication could be better, based on why we are accustomed to in other areas of our lives. But I never had a problem reaching Roy by phone, and he delivered exactly what & when he promised.
I will buy more from Roy!
Stephon
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I had this issue as well. I ordered from Roy and the e-mail responses were very prompt, and he was able to answer all of my questions. I was quoted a price and told the time would be about a month or month and a half. After about a month, I couldn't contact him for quite a while, and it was almost 2 and a half months before I got in touch. another month after that I finally got my coins. However, Roy had told me when I got a hold of him again that he was very busy and explained it would take additional time. While I wasn't happy with having to wait almost three months longer, this was mostly due to my impatience for the coins, so I waited. When I did get them, they were perfect. Exactly what I'd ordered and beautifully constructed. When he said precision I realized he meant it! Overall I was still happy with his service, despite the wait. Honestly my only complaint was the big difference in the time I had to wait versus the time I was told I'd have to wait. But now that I know what to expect, it's no big deal for me, and I'll use him again should the need arise.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
515 Posts

We're the coins you ordered custom or straight off the website offerings?
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Quote:
On 2013-07-07 20:40, Stephon Johnson wrote:
We're the coins you ordered custom or straight off the website offerings?

They were straight off the website list.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 16:31, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 15:26, Chessmann wrote:

Yea... it's called good customer service... you don't promise something you can't deliver in a timely manner. Look... I'm not going to keep arguing this point with anyone. If these simple concepts about customer service and honest business practices are too difficult for any grown person to understand, then I'm not going to be able to change your mind at this point.

Nor can I change the bad business practices of "artists."

One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say. I've made one custom order, the estimated turnaround was given as a ballpark figure, and I received the coins within that timeframe. I didn't need to be emailed about it, why should I? Then again, I can also wipe my own bottom and cook my own dinner.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
At the same time!?!? Just kidding. . .

I ordered a Lethal Tender from Roy. Was promised it in 10 days and it was received in nine. Simply my experience!

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say. I've made one custom order, the estimated turnaround was given as a ballpark figure, and I received the coins within that timeframe. I didn't need to be emailed about it, why should I? Then again, I can also wipe my own bottom and cook my own dinner.

At the same time!?!? Just kidding. . .

I ordered a Lethal Tender From Roy and it was promised in ten days. I arrived in nine. . .just my experience.

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Well, I'm still waiting on both my order and a reply. 8 Months and counting since I placed the order
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
515 Posts

@TheTrickman: What, specifically does your order consist of? Also have you spoken to Roy by phone, and if so, how recently?
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1077 Posts

Profile of taller8
I sent some coins to Roy for a repair job. Evidently, they never arrived.
When I emailed Roy inquiring about their arrival, he would always respond promptly.

But the coins never did get to him. Another bummer about shipping to Canada, its way to expensive to pay for tracking.

I guess they are lost.
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
You don't have/need to pay for tracking between the USA and canada. You use the International bar code shipping number from you package on the USPS tracking page. canada and US postal tracking is automatically included. It's been this way for over 2yrs.
We've had packages take as long as 21 days to get to Canada, and we received one returned back 8months later, having never been delivered to canada. It just got to the canadian PO and sat undelivered, never picked up by the addressee.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have always been able to call Roy
and get a hold of him.If we can spend big bucks
for coins we should also be able to spend a little
for a long distance call too.
Todd
CdnAndrew
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
149 Posts

Profile of CdnAndrew
Bowers,
I think that's a really good way to look at it. I've always hesitated to call Jamie and Todd for the cost of long distance, but you're right; if I'm looking to spend a bunch of money on coins, why not a few bucks on a call to make sure it goes as I hope!

Andrew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy Kueppers Query (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL