The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy Kueppers Query (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Hello all

Long time lurker and now first time poster.

Back in early December I put in a custom order with Roy for a Uk currency OXF gimmick. I was aware and informed at the time of ordering that there could be a bit of a wait which I was/am totally okay with.
Up until very early April this year I would send an email every 6 weeks or so to just check what the state of play of the gimmick was and always got a prompt and polite reply. Since early April though I have had no reply at all. Knowing that Roy has an excellent reputation I think that this silence is not on purpose but either as a result of being extremely busy or my emails going to junk mail or being missed somehow.
In the last 2 months I have sent numerous emails from several different email addresses to try and get a response along with sending a twitter message.
I am hoping that posting on here might be a way of maybe getting in contact with Roy where twitter and email have failed.

As I put earlier in this post, I am not trying to say negative things about Roy as up until April everything was tip top as far as communication was concerned.
All I am trying to do is get in contact so I can get an update on the work I have paid for.

thanks in advance
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
He has a phone number on his web site...

http://www.roykueppers.com/contact.html
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
The problem is that I'm in the UK and the time difference and cost makes it difficult for me to phone
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I remember the same thing happened with me - good communication at first, then little. In my case, that drop in communication was followed by my order arriving. So maybe that's a signal that he's finishing up and about to send.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
I think my last contact back at the very beginning of April mentioned that he had started it. If he has sent it and it arrives I will of course let it be known on here. To be honest I hesitated posting on a forum such as this as it could easily look like a moan or easily turn in to one via some disgruntled chipped shouldered magician.
Getting a reply from Roy via here or email with an update or the delivery of the coin and this thread would hopefully disappear into obscurity
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Funny, I came on this forum to post a topic titled "Where in the World is Roy Kueppers?" so when I saw this topic, I had a very good idea what it was going to be about.

I've placed an order over a month ago and I've not received any response although I've sent numerous emails like "just checking to see if you got my order".

Don't bother trying to call his phone number. It only goes in to voice mail, and you won't get a response from that either.

He has a Twitter account here: https://twitter.com/RoyKueppers, maybe you can contact him there.
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
I've tried the twitter account. No tweets since 3rd May from Roy.

I do hope he's okay
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
My question is,
if I place an order with the high end coin men, and they do not get back, I may assume
they are actually working on it so the can send it (as stated above). But what if they have passed into another realm,
where their coin tools and lathes cannot be taken. I might wait for years, hoping that they are "working" on it,
when actually, they might be helping to push lilies up from their grave. what a horror!

How can I or anyone else know the difference? I am scared to put in a prepaid order for this reason. I guess my hand made flipper coins
with duct tape (hey, it can come loose but don't break during demos will have to do). Also, my shell (which was made by pounding it on an anvil,
and diggin' it out with a chisel) will have to do. the pounding on the anvil was so much that it automatically made my Kennedy half SOFT--SO SOFT, THERE IS ALMOST NONE OF KENNEDY LEFT. But my, does it glide over other similar coinz. So until I get an answer, I will have to be happy. I only show my trix in a sports bar to people who have had at least three buzzes, so they don't know the difference between tricky coins and magic by that time. Plus, the lighting does wonderz for all kinds of undedetected pocket ditching.
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Thanks for the help vampiro......I think???

So has anyone heard any Kueppers news?
Kennard
View Profile
New user
Singapore
60 Posts

Profile of Kennard
Just thought I'd chip in. I placed an order well back in January for two shell sets and I also sent a flipper in for repair. As of late my emails regarding the status of the order and such were not replied . Lets hope we get some updates soon.
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Like I said, if you already sent an email or two to high end stuck up coin men, then DON'T BOTHER THEM. WHY? Most likely:
1. they are "busy" with your order or out at the tavern, spending your money on booze and broads

or else:

2. they died and all your emails and calls won't get through to them anyways.

What gives? When there is bad--NO, TERRIBLE, NONEXISTENT customer service, STAY THE ___ AWAY.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 14:25, vampiro wrote:
My question is,
if I place an order with the high end coin men, and they do not get back, I may assume
they are actually working on it so the can send it (as stated above). But what if they have passed into another realm,
where their coin tools and lathes cannot be taken. I might wait for years, hoping that they are "working" on it,
when actually, they might be helping to push lilies up from their grave. what a horror!

How can I or anyone else know the difference? I am scared to put in a prepaid order for this reason. I guess my hand made flipper coins
with duct tape (hey, it can come loose but don't break during demos will have to do). Also, my shell (which was made by pounding it on an anvil,
and diggin' it out with a chisel) will have to do. the pounding on the anvil was so much that it automatically made my Kennedy half SOFT--SO SOFT, THERE IS ALMOST NONE OF KENNEDY LEFT. But my, does it glide over other similar coinz. So until I get an answer, I will have to be happy. I only show my trix in a sports bar to people who have had at least three buzzes, so they don't know the difference between tricky coins and magic by that time. Plus, the lighting does wonderz for all kinds of undedetected pocket ditching.

It would be nice if you gave proper attribution to your last paragraph above. It is a direct paraphrase of some comical material I wrote on another thread. It sort of ****es me off big time. Is this the extent of your performance ability? Stealing stuff off a magic forum site?
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Hi Al,
If you can, please limit your claims to copyrighted material. YOu are always trying to act superior or belittle people. I wrote this because I could sucker you in with it. childish thinking tends to yield childish behavior. I guess I am a true mentalist after all, and predicted your
5-year old reaction.
wishing you the best
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 21:11, vampiro wrote:
Hi Al,
If you can, please limit your claims to copyrighted material. YOu are always trying to act superior or belittle people. I wrote this because I could sucker you in with it. childish thinking tends to yield childish behavior. I guess I am a true mentalist after all, and predicted your
5-year old reaction.
wishing you the best

So... you admit you're a troll? And if you want to play the copyright card... please go to the bottom of this page and read the disclaimer... "All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2013 Steve Brooks." In actuality you a pilfering material that now belongs to this blog owner Steve Brooks. If you can't come up with something original, don't be using material owned by Steve Brooks. I have no need to belittle you in any sort of way... you are doing a fine job of that for yourself. You're far from a true mentalist... more like a true jerk.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I will say that while I have never placed an order with Kuepers or Schoolcraft, ordering from Todd Lassen was a pleasure and as easy as picking up the phone and calling him at about 9am. He always answered the phone and took care of each request I had. He completed my order for a Morgan [ set with remilled edges, matching c/s coin and copper coin with a copper [ with each gaff shimmed, about a month and a half after I had paid him.

Todd wasn't stuck up and has great customer service. I will never know anything about any of the other coin guys because I will only ever order from Todd.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I am pleased to report to this thread that I called Roy today, and He answered. I had a "semi-custom" order of Nesting Kennedy and Quarter Shim Shell sets that could not "point and click" order on the website. He said he would work up a price and call me back.
He called me with price and shipping in LESS THAN 10 MINUTES. Then we discussed Flipper options, pros and cons. I hung up and ordered through PayPal immediately. He gave me a tentative lead time of 2-3 weeks.
I got his email confirmation of receipt of my order and payment within the hour of my order. VERY VERY pleasant and patiently helpful gentleman.
I previously had sent an email asking the exact same information over a week ago, with no response to date. In an age where machines answer calls, and you don't know if the person filling your order even "cares" if it is accurate or complete; I find it both refreshing and encouraging that a business leans more toward the "personal" approach. My advice is to pick up the phone, and if you get no answer, try again!
This was my FIRST time ever calling Roy, and he answered and helped me like I was his next-door neighbor! I haven't ordered from the other custom coin guys, and I'm sure they are as great as I have read. I chose Roy for my order simply because I comparison priced what I wanted from ALL manufacturers side-by-side. Roy beat everyone (including Johnson) in price for what I was looking for.
I will report when my order is updated and or received to let everyone know how my experience went. Thus far? I am well pleased.
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Hi Al,
It is obvious you have never produced anything worthy of a copyright. Brooks' copyright means nothing--did you go to school?
I don't mean middle school.
It is sad when someone makes some poor comments and someone like me improves on them, to where they are actually worth reading.
Then, the a guy who never did anything original in their life yells copy. ARe you on welfare? ARe you on disability?
Get a life, before your sorry keester is kicked off M.C. to improve the ambience here, by a lot.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 21:31, vampiro wrote:
Hi Al,
It is obvious you have never produced anything worthy of a copyright. Brooks' copyright means nothing--did you go to school?
I don't mean middle school.
It is sad when someone makes some poor comments and someone like me improves on them, to where they are actually worth reading.
Then, the a guy who never did anything original in their life yells copy. ARe you on welfare? ARe you on disability?
Get a life, before your sorry keester is kicked off M.C. to improve the ambience here, by a lot.

Here... read this WHOLE website and get back to me when you've had stuff you've written produced, published and reviewed in Variety Magazine. http://newton.acrossthebow.com/ (right... I never had anything published... sure... yea... that's me)... You're starting to get annoying. Are you sure you're 49 years old?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have called Roy and left messages and I have always gotten callbacks from him. Surprised me at first because I wasn’t sure who he was, and the return calls weren't necessarily the next day. But he did call me back every time.

It is no different for Roy than it is for the other well-known, respected custom coin-gaffers. They don’t run shops manned by large staffs, but for the most part do all the custom coin work personally. Roy has the added burden of making gaffs for several commercial coin effects which are sold by most online shops, like Cartel Coins and the Phlye coin sets, Platt's Blackout coins, and many others. (I say "burden" but I'm sure they are necessary for Roy to make a living!)

All in all Roy does as well as possible making commercial gaffs plus custom orders. This being pretty well-known in our relatively small community, it should not be a surprise that you might have to wait quite a while for any custom work. That said, Roy's communication of the preceding comments is lacking and he could do a better job in that regard.

Thanks for listening!

Jim
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2013-05-28 22:52, Gr8gorilla wrote:
I will say that while I have never placed an order with Kuepers or Schoolcraft, ordering from Todd Lassen was a pleasure and as easy as picking up the phone and calling him at about 9am. He always answered the phone and took care of each request I had. He completed my order for a Morgan [ set with remilled edges, matching c/s coin and copper coin with a copper [ with each gaff shimmed, about a month and a half after I had paid him.

Todd wasn't stuck up and has great customer service. I will never know anything about any of the other coin guys because I will only ever order from Todd.

Are you Todd himself in disguise to deliver such blatant BS on his commercial practice?
Are you talking of the same Todd Lassen personality that most of us have experienced here or are you telling us that this Todd Lassen has decided (at last) to embrass some form of modesty?
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy Kueppers Query (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL