The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Playing Card - Deck Storage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
If you are like me you probably have hundreds of decks of cards .... or maybe not. Either way you've got a few. And so the question becomes how do you keep them all upright, organized and then also protected? Card box corners quickly dent and fade the more we move them around.

I've looked at lots of stuff and decided that good old cardboard sports card storage boxes work great! I found mine on Amazon for a few bucks and now my collection is tightly stored away at the bottom of my closet. (and best of all, they are out of my wife's project room)

Here is what it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEDw29NyrUs
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of algebraic
These are nice custom cardboard boxes.

I like to use "really useful boxes-USA" to store my playing cards/magic items. The boxes are strong, stackable, and stay closed. I store most of my playing cards in the basement. Over time, cardboard breaks down and becomes soft and begins to smell due to the conditions in the basement.

Really useful boxes-USA has a LARGE assortment of sizes. I use the 6.5 litre size to store multiple decks of cards.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Yea, I wouldn't store my cards in the garage. I need my babies near me
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
I keep seeing some guys with large collection of vintage playing cards talking about cold or cool storage for their decks. I'm not sure the thinking behind this though.
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I have two sump pumps in my basement, but still needed to purchase a dehumidifier. I have to empty my dehumidifier every day. We are 22 feet below the top of our street and get the neighbor's water run off.
I have to watch how I store my magic in my basement. Moisture becomes a problem for me over time.
Torque75
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Torque75
That's a great idea, I was thinking about making some wood storage bins - not anymore, great idea.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
516 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I think a deck is about the same size as a music cassette in the plastic case (younger members starting to Google a picture about now). So search out thrift shops for those cassette storage boxes. I know I've seen 'em, heck I've even seen 8-track tapes and storage for them (youngsters googling again).
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I keep mine stored in a temperature-controlled warehouse until I'm ready to use them: Costco
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Playing Card - Deck Storage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL