The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » How 35 cents can be your best tip ever! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KendallScot
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, Colorado
133 Posts

Profile of KendallScot
This past weekend I went to work on my new street show in Boulder Colorado. (It is very humbling to realize how much I truly suck after being away from the pitch for so long. That's another story entirely)

I was doing fairly well on Saturday and had just finished my best show of the day. My hat was on the ground and I was talking to a family that was very appreciative of the show but they were pounding me with the usual questions: How long have I been doing this, do I like doing this, how did I start doing this, do I know Chris Angel, etc.

While I was distracted I still keep my eye on my hat and I noticed a little girl about 3 or 4 years old walking hesitantly up to it. She looked at me with a very serious expression and then looked at her (I assume) mom. She dug her hand into the tiny pocket in her dress and then stooped down and dropped what was in her hand into my hat. I didn't see what she dropped but it sounded like change. She turned and ran to her mom and hid behind her while looking at me with a big smile.

After convincing the family talking to me that I do not know or care to know Chris Angel, I picked up the hat and took the bills out. What was left was a quarter and 2 nickels.

I looked up and the little girl and her mom were gone into the crowd and it hit me what just happened…

This little girl who could not have been more than 3 years old just gave me everything she had!

I remember when I was very young, any time I had change in my pocket it was a HUGE deal to me. What would I buy? Do I want candy? (silly question at that age) Do I want a toy? Regardless of how much money I had, would I want to give it all to some silly guy in a hat?? not in a million years!

This little girl liked my show and ME enough to give me all the change in her pocket. I was speechless!

I took the change out of the hat and put it in my wallet so I would not lose it. I'm going to frame the 3 coins and put on my wall so when I ever feel low self esteem or doubts, I can see those coins and remember that to one little girl in Boulder Colorado, I was worth all the money in her world that day…
Kendall Scot

"The art of a magician is to create wonder. If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives will be filled with joy"
**Doug Henning**

"I drank WHAT?""
**Socrates**
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
What an awesome story!! We never know how we might affect others. Always be your best!! Smile

Mark.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
What a delightful story! (It brings to mind the story of the "widow's mite")
..................................................................................................................................

PS~
Well, that makes two members of the C. Angel UNfan Club!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hah...make that 3 fans!!
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Kendall
Thanks for that encouraging reflection.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
KendallScot, THANK YOU for that inspiring story!

:applause: Smile Smile
Mikael
View Profile
New user
Bergen, Norway
56 Posts

Profile of Mikael
Great story! Thanks for sharing!!
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
That's awesome. What a great keepsake to have years from now! Thanks for sharing Smile
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
This is why I never turn down, or make fun of change, if someone wants to give you some thing, after you gave them a free show, thank them, it may be all they have to give. glad you got to see her put it in the hat!
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
Great story.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
889 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Wonderful! And your take-away is refreshing. Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » How 35 cents can be your best tip ever! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL