The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Across the Pond (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
I'm just curious about what the climate of magic & mentalism is "Across the pond"? I've noticed that many of the new creations lately seem to be coming from European artists/performers. Do you think there is a reason behind this? I know Derren has a significant presence there, while here in the states we haven't had someone "in the limelight" since David Blaine. (Hmm... anyone else notice that they both have the same initials? Is this apart of the Illuminati's requirements? I kid... I kid...)

Anyway, I'm just curious if things are different there which us here in the states aren't privy to which may have a direct correlation with the number of creators coming from Europe?

P.S. By no means am I saying that I have an issue with this other than the fact that I want to have an english accent to help swoon the ladies here. Most of my favorite performers aren't from the US.

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
The Illuminati. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Things probably aren't so different in terms of the mentalist scene per se as we all have access to the same internet fora, so are all subject to the same trends, adverts, rumours etc. Not that I have my finger on the pulse of the UK mentalist scene or anything. Just saying we're all part of the same global village nowadays, thanks to Her Majesty's internet.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Her Majesty's Internet. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 02:32, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Her Majesty's Internet. Smile

Sounds arousing. Got a link? Smile
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Across the Pond (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL