The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Looking for somthing different (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Twitch
View Profile
New user
Buckley, WA
80 Posts

Profile of Twitch
Gothike, you made some really good points and I've already encountered people comparing me to criss angel, As far as my act I just thought adding an animal element would take it to that next level I'm looking for and after all the advice given here I'm going to go with some white doves.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Adding doves does add another element to an act. But I would stay away from Criss Angel’s image as much as possible. He is know and has established himself as the “Gothic Magician” and has spent thousands of dollars, years of practice to be that. I can see you in a Victorian/ Gregorian type tails coats but avoid the white face and massive eyeliner. Personally I think Gothic music is really slow and drags and most audience will sense that, I once did my act to Sisters of Mercy and it dragged. I would use industrial music for a high-energy dove act; think along the lines of fast Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, etc., plus it resembles Techno, which regular people have heard.

Go to http://www.danbirch.com and download his video of his act. Dan Birch looks like the devil and his act has a darker side but it is commercial and he can perform anywhere.

G0THIKE
Twitch
View Profile
New user
Buckley, WA
80 Posts

Profile of Twitch
I guess I should be more specific when I say goth, I'm more towards the industrial side of the dark spectrum. I already use alot of kmfdm and juno reactor and utah saints music in my act, but just like other street perfomers get compaired to Blaine I'll forever have to contened with Criss angel when it comes to having a darker style in my magic
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
Quote:
On 2003-12-01 05:16, Ben Benjay wrote:
you won’t find many opportunities to accidentally hurt a python.
Ben Benjay
Manila, Philippines

Oh my!
Ben you could not be more wrong.
Pythons can be hurt very easily. Think about providing adequate temperatures during travel. Can you insure 78-90 degrees at all times? Lets move on to shedding and eating. They should not be performing during these times. Have you ever had a snake vomit? Smells awful and can kill your snake. Don’t move them to early. Just to perform my “Python from the Pants” trick I need to have 5 Royal pythons to handle a weekly show. Shall I go on?

One mistake made is that they hide their pain or illness very well.

IMHO, If you must use a snake please, please think more of using a corn snake or a king snake. The care for them is sooooooo much easier than a large constrictor.

Let me just add that the animal doesn’t always make it a Goth show! I can make even a fluffy bunny fit a Goth them with enough stage blood! Lol

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to train it so it won’t kill and eat you.

Ben Benjay
Manila, Philippines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben, I don’t mean to be picking on you but your comments got my panties in a bunch! (In my case, make it a G-String)
You can NOT train a snake. They do not have the intelligence for such. Some snakes do not have a problem with being handled but some species never tame down, it is just not the way God made them. Your suggestion of an Anaconda is flippant but really un-doable. Anacondas’ temperament is very different from many common constrictors you find in the pet trade. Not all large snakes are gentile giants like the Burmese pythons and even some of them can do serious damage if you do not handle them properly.

OK...I think I am done...

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
Shenaniganz
View Profile
New user
Cypress, CA
100 Posts

Profile of Shenaniganz
Quote:
On 2003-11-30 18:04, Twitch wrote:
Hey,
(oh and spiders are out of the questions considering I'm deathly afraid of them) but anything eles is game.

that's too bad. Have you tried to give them a chance? I had a tarantula for a few years, and they make wonderful pets. Its the crickets that drove me crazy.
magicjoejoe
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magicjoejoe
Quote:
I can make even a fluffy bunny fit a Goth them with enough stage blood! Lol

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria

lmao
Maria, your just too funny...
Joe
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I also have Carpet Phyton, the baby one, its about middle finger size in dim. I use that for my opening act, THE CANE TO SNAKE! that will make shock to the audience, never fail to make gasping. So no more cane to silk...
I think not too many magicians do that. try it.
Posted: Jan 15, 2005 10:15pm
------------------------------------------------
What's for dinner tonight...
How about the FISH CALLED CUSTEAU?? I know the fish will not happy to help us. But the effect is so strong. Imagine the small fish can find the choosen card? that is cool ha..? what you think...
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
I've added ChinChilla's to my routines. Advantages over rabbits & farrets:
1) No odor
2) No Fleas
3) Hyperallergenic (nobody's allergic to them)
4) As interesting as a Ferret
5) Live 15 - 25 years as opposed to 6/7.
6) Biggest are size of small dwarf rabbit
Still use the rabbit along with the Chins.
Yours,
Aragorn TM
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Looking for somthing different (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL