We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks Vol. 2 From Big Blind Media (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Just watched volume 2. It is nowhere near as good as the first one.

However, Convergence is an absolute gem. I love that trick and feel like that trick alone justifies the purchase price. What I particularly like about the trick is that it begins with a deck that has numbers on the back and ends with a (for all intensive purposes) normal deck of cards that you can continue your act with. For me, I will be using Cataclysm, performing a sw****, and going into Convergence...then proceeding. All the dirty bits in my pockets.

Volume one was killer. It was hard shoes to fill.

In volume 2:
I feel like the "pick a card- now I tell you what the card is" trick could have been left out. There are much simpler ways to accomplish this same effect, and the payoff isn't worth having a set-up like this. It's not going to be an opener. Plus, I think after the top packet is replaced, the trick is over if you were keeping track of how many cards the spectator deals down. Why proceed with flipping the deck face up and using one of the oldest principles in magic unnecessarily?

There's a few multiple-spectator tricks where multiple piles are taken by specators or multiple selections are made. I felt as though those tricks were slow, long, and a bit boring, and just lacked a strong finale. Then again, I wasn't really looking for these types of tricks. If you were, you might love them.

There is at least one trick in the bunch where the spectator will completely know the method behind the trick, there's a packet, no shuffling, and the method works exactly how one would suspect. You wouldn't know EXACTLY how to do it, but you'd get the gist. This doesn't impress me.

More visual stuff on the first disc.

There's a couple of effects that I want to learn and implement. But overall, I'm a bit disappointed. However, after the first dvd, I was really happy to support these guys and I'll be visiting their site for product developments.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
NINETY SIX PERCENT!

And only dropped four percent because Iain Moran had a gig when the photographer was booked. Smile

ROCK ON!
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Ah! Totally beaten to it by Cammers! Sorry chaps!

*Vows to check entire thread before posting excitedly next time*

Liam.
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Liam if you had used the dark haired girl from Vol 1 it would have been 100% I'm sure!
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
I liked Charlotte (blonde) from vol 1 -- she made me melt!
The dark haired girl was Amy -- I'd rank her second.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Dang, guys, there are really cute women on the new one, too! Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 19:03, WalterPlinge wrote:
I liked Charlotte (blonde) from vol 1 -- she made me melt!
The dark haired girl was Amy -- I'd rank her second.

If you googled the dark haired girl, Amii Grove, and found the other types of pictures that are available of her on the internet you'd have ranked her first. I especially liked the "creative" use of overhead cameras in volume 2.

You'll find that volume two has some ladies with some nsfw pics out there too.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
If you googled the dark haired girl, Amii Grove, and found the other types of pictures that are available of her on the internet you'd have ranked her first.

Amii Grove doesn't look like the girl from the vol 1 DVD.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 01:14, WalterPlinge wrote:
Quote:
If you googled the dark haired girl, Amii Grove, and found the other types of pictures that are available of her on the internet you'd have ranked her first.

Amii Grove doesn't look like the girl from the vol 1 DVD.

OK that is the name on the credits -- she looks a little different on the DVD.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
I agree with Robvs: volume 1 was much better. This DVD could easily have been called: tricks for groups. When I saw in the openingshot of a new trick again a couple of people, I thought: here we go again, making piles, multiple selections. Convergence is very nice indeed, but I already bought that from Cameron when he introduced it a couple of years ago.
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Sadly I have to admit I DID look up Amii on the other sites and still I say WOW. I also saw she had been engaged to a footballer ( Jermaine Pennant) and he dumped her! What a fool! Now if she likes mental tricks rather than football tricks I know just the man......
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
It's amazing how fast the café members will turn from knowledgable and professional to a bunch of perverts. You guys never cease to amaze me.

Now I PERSONALLY would like the conversation to go back to the actually DVD rather than the girls on it.

Thank you.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-07-01 20:30, Magic.Maddy wrote:
It's amazing how fast the café members will turn from knowledgable and professional to a bunch of perverts. You guys never cease to amaze me.

Now I PERSONALLY would like the conversation to go back to the actually DVD rather than the girls on it.

Thank you.

Big Blind Media puts "glamour" models on their videos, and who are you calling perverts?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-07-01 20:42, WalterPlinge wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-01 20:30, Magic.Maddy wrote:

Thank you.

Big Blind Media puts "glamour" models on their videos, and who are you calling perverts?

All of the old men that are going off and looking at "glamour" models. Idk what these other pictures are, but using my inference skills, I have a good idea.

That said, I just want to hear about the effects on the DVDs. Not the old men's dreams.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Who says they are models? Owen might just have very attractive neighbours! In fairness the tricks are as sexy as the people!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4633 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
The women on both DVDs are attractive. But I didn't get the DVDs for them. I got it for the magic. And I was EXTREMELY HAPPY I did.

I don't have the DVDs in front of me, but there are tricks off BOTH DVDs I'm now using. In fact, if you're coming to the SAM convention and want to see some I'd be HAPPY to perform some!

If you like good, clever, well taught, and EASY card magic, you would be wise to pick up both DVDs. I'm glad I did!

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I was a bit critical of this dvd, and I stand behind it as being better for the eye candy than for the effects. However, this dvd encouraged me to take another look at Cameron Francis' other work, as I found "Convergence" to be spectacular on this dvd. I feel like that trick is the only one that I'm ever going to use from this dvd, which is a shame because it is with a prepared deck. I found that the trick is available on Cameron's "Annihilation Deck," dvd which I just picked up. It's a great dvd, blows this one away and has the same killer effect on it- plus a few more that I'm going to use. And they're mostly "self-working," though not completely clean. It's also by these BigBlind guys, so I'm sure they won't be too upset about me saying that it's probably money better spent. This guy is great.
Xaerius
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Xaerius
I liked Stock Exchange. I usually pause a while after the first reveal and kill with the last 2 kickers.

I gotta say that I personally prefer the first DVD though. Shuffling Lesson's an example of a routine from that DVD that's still in my set.

Haven't tried Convergence yet, but I'm pretty sure it's a killer effect. Smile

Nigel
Christian Rey
View Profile
Regular user
Magician'y toast...to my
135 Posts

Profile of Christian Rey
Own both first and second volumes. Both are amazing, and deliver awesome effects and hot silky woman. Convergence is simply mind boggling. Great work!
My first name rhymes with Magician
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
This is now back in stock at http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/collections......edia-dvd

Convergence is my favourite on vol 2!

Magik1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks Vol. 2 From Big Blind Media (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL