We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks Vol. 2 From Big Blind Media (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I don't know what is wrong with the people at BBM.

This was supposed to ship on the 17th, but mine shipped today!

Someone should have a talk with the folks over there and tell them to stop exceeding my expectations!

Believe me, I'm very upset over this!

:bat:
Torquay22
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Torquay22
Sounds good
robwillett281
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of robwillett281
Mine arrived today. Have quickly gone through the effects, like volume 1 absolutely brilliant.

Remember, just because they are self working doesn't mean they are not really powerfull, espcially if you can false shuffle where setups are required, and especially if you mix them in with more sleighty stuff!

Well done BBM!
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Mine arrive today

Looking forward to watching this over the weekend
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
116 Posts

Profile of civins
Mines arrived in the post yesterday. Haven't had a chance to view it yet. Can't wait. ..
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
509 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Hey guys just saw they posted a performance of John G's Stock Exchange. What a amazing effect. The ending is a kick in the face.

http://youtu.be/Y2YDxyYosiY

Ryan
merlin2812
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Got mine too, amazed on how fast I got this!
Can't wait for this week-end to get some times to view this dvd!
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Mine was shipped, but still waiting for it in the post here in the US. Looks like it is now available for purchase as a download from BBM as well as from dealers in the US. reviews should start pouring in shortly and I suspect they will be good.
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
I recieved it here in Sweden today, but I haven´t seen all of it since the package contained more items (took advantage of their sale in conjunction with Liams birthday).

I must Point out one thing they mentioned, almost in passing. If you do Aldo Colombini´s "Contact colours" from vol 1, you are in the perfect position to piggyback it with John G´s "Stock Exchange" from vol 2.

You just produce the aces in "Contact colours" but don't reveal the state of the rest of the deck. Save that for the climax of Johns´trick.

If you add the Ireland shuffle in beginning of the Colombini effect and the shuffle sequence in Johns´effect as per the instructions, I would wager that there won´t be a layman on the entire planet that wouldn´t be completely convinced that the deck is thoroughly shuffled, making the last climax of "Stock Exchange" even stronger.

I almost didn't try this but luckily I got to my senses. This is now my new laymanbrainfryer.
Thank you Big Blind Media.

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1438 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Convergence by Cameron Francis is fantastic.

So easy to do .
And also easy to prepare the decks.

Awesome.

Have a look on the demo here:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Conv......M=NVPFVR
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
368 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 20:27, Leo-Kim wrote:
I recieved it here in Sweden today, but I haven´t seen all of it since the package contained more items (took advantage of their sale in conjunction with Liams birthday).

I must Point out one thing they mentioned, almost in passing. If you do Aldo Colombini´s "Contact colours" from vol 1, you are in the perfect position to piggyback it with John G´s "Stock Exchange" from vol 2.

You just produce the aces in "Contact colours" but don't reveal the state of the rest of the deck. Save that for the climax of Johns´trick.

If you add the Ireland shuffle in beginning of the Colombini effect and the shuffle sequence in Johns´effect as per the instructions, I would wager that there won´t be a layman on the entire planet that wouldn´t be completely convinced that the deck is thoroughly shuffled, making the last climax of "Stock Exchange" even stronger.

I almost didn't try this but luckily I got to my senses. This is now my new laymanbrainfryer.
Thank you Big Blind Media.

Mikael Johansson
Sweden

Good thoughts there Mikael.

By the way, for everyone doing Stock Exchange, be sure to really sell how the spectators are TURNING cards over with each cut. And after all three cuts, remind them again that they mixed both packets with a mixture of face-up and face-down cards - all determined by their cuts. This makes the Triumph phase very strong...not to mention what follows.

Tthanks to Liam for making this effect completely selight-less with his idea to place out prediction cards (I used to have cards selected and controlled - but no need now).

Glad to have Stick Exchange among this brilliant collection.

John G
John Guastaferro

Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/MagicJohnG
Twitter: twitter.com/johngmagic
YouTube: www.youtube.com/johngmagic
Email: johnGmagic@mac.com
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Thank you John, but they weren´t excactly my thoughts... :-(

Liam mentions doing both effects after each other during the explanation phase of Stock Exchange.

I wanted to point this out so nobody missed it, and also tip about using the Ireland shuffle. They mention that too in the exlanations for both effects.

A point about the Ireland shuffle that Liam also touches on that would be interesting for someone who might not be so well versed in card shuffling techniques: when you do the Ireland shuffle, you might accidently miss in the center portion of the deck resulting in a few misplaced cards.

This should not discourage you from using the shuffle because in both effects you can blatantly run through the deck and correct any mistake and the spectator will be none the wiser.

In Aldos routine you go through the deck to pick out your favourite card. In John´s routine you can spread your portion of the deck (where the misplaced cards should be) efter your shuffle while the spectators shuffle their portions. In fact, Liam does just that during the performance and even I didn´t pay attention to it the first time I saw it.

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
ps John: I still Think your effect Wino, sorry, Vino aces is great! Smile
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thank you, Jean-Luc. Although that link doesn't really take you to anything... Or did I miss it?

Anyway, Convergence is one of my favorite effects and I am thrilled to have it on this project.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 08:07, RSchlutz wrote:
Hey guys just saw they posted a performance of John G's Stock Exchange. What a amazing effect. The ending is a kick in the face.

http://youtu.be/Y2YDxyYosiY

Ryan

Thanks for the link Ryan - "Stock Exchange" looks great. And Liam gives a great performance, as usual. Please let us know when more performances are posted.

BTW, your "Sense-sational" is amazing.
So is Cameron's "Convergence".
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 23:16, Cameron Francis wrote:
Thank you, Jean-Luc. Although that link doesn't really take you to anything... Or did I miss it?

Anyway, Convergence is one of my favorite effects and I am thrilled to have it on this project.

Here's a link I found of this great effect:

http://youtu.be/bCtyRu1E1DA
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thank you for posting that! Keep in mind, this is not a performance from the Ultimate Self Workers DVD. Iain Moran performs his version of the effect on that project.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
509 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Appreciate it Walter! I added the extra mixing procedure in the beginning and simplified the handling from when I first release the effect. Hope you all enjoy it.

Ryan

(Also the dark horse of this DVD seems to be Peter Duffie Four Most..... I saw it first during filming and immediately wrote it down. Just Awesome)
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Ok on the basis that Vol 1 was the best thing I have ordered in many a year I have to have Vol 2. However one complaint which I can see before I order it. Why isn't the beautiful dark haired woman used on this volume ( you could have at least included her contact details!)??
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1438 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 23:16, Cameron Francis wrote:

Here is the link :

Performance By Cameron Francis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......yRu1E1DA
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-06-21 05:51, zactudor wrote:
Ok on the basis that Vol 1 was the best thing I have ordered in many a year I have to have Vol 2. However one complaint which I can see before I order it. Why isn't the beautiful dark haired woman used on this volume ( you could have at least included her contact details!)??

I'm with zactudor -- the heck with the card tricks -- I want to see more of those pretty women!
:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks Vol. 2 From Big Blind Media (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL