The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Unkown packet trick help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
323 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I have found a card wallet with the following cards inside, ,,,,,(side A) three Red Backed bicycle cards joker faced and one split queen hearts - diamonds blue backed.....(side B) three blue backed jokers and one red backed split queen spades - clubs...anyone know what trick this is?
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1107 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2013-06-03 12:07, snowpuppy wrote:
I have found a card wallet with the following cards inside, ,,,,,(side A) three Red Backed bicycle cards joker faced and one split queen hearts - diamonds blue backed.....(side B) three blue backed jokers and one red backed split queen spades - clubs...anyone know what trick this is?


Twisted Sisters by John Bannon?
I actually don't own it, that's why I'm not sure...

mlippo
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Mlippo is correct, it's Twisted Sister. Search online for a video dem. and it will remind you how it goes.

Paul.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
323 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Thanks Guy's ....I figured it had to be well known.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1752 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
It is an excellent effect, to boot!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2676 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
It's also a rip-off of Corvello's 'Four Faces' from 1967 and released by Ken Brooke..........with no credit given within either the Goldstein or Bannon versions. Smile
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 03:04, Merc Man wrote:
It's also a rip-off of Corvello's 'Four Faces' from 1967 and released by Ken Brooke..........with no credit given within either the Goldstein or Bannon versions. Smile


If by Goldstein version you're referring to B'Wave, it is a completely different effect to Twisted Sister. Not familiar with Corvello's "Four Faces" is that one packet, like Parade of The Kings and it's earlier incarnations, or two? Would like to hear a more detailed description if you have time.

Best wishes,
Paul.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
There is also a similar packet trick called Dream Queen made with cheap bicycle knockoffs
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).






Smile Smile
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
266 Posts

Profile of tstark
Supreme Magic also had a similar effect with a single packet called the Parade of Kings with red/blue dbl backs and a dbl face with split indexes on both sides.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2676 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 06:19, Paul wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 03:04, Merc Man wrote:
It's also a rip-off of Corvello's 'Four Faces' from 1967 and released by Ken Brooke..........with no credit given within either the Goldstein or Bannon versions. Smile


If by Goldstein version you're referring to B'Wave, it is a completely different effect to Twisted Sister. Not familiar with Corvello's "Four Faces" is that one packet, like Parade of The Kings and it's earlier incarnations, or two? Would like to hear a more detailed description if you have time.

Best wishes,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Right.....Four Faces by Corvello.

Four Kings (for example) in an envelope. Any suit called. Cards removed from the envelope and it's the only one face up - with a different coloured back to the other three cards.

However, in Ken Brooke's own inimitable style, he added so much more to the trick by blending in a comical, written prediction. It was more of a routine rather than a quick packet trick; with you giving the spectator your wallet in one hand, and taking out a note/bill for them to hold in the other, as the bet.

Joe Stevens sells it but unfortunately I've bought some replacement KB items from Joe in the past, and they don't always include the full Ken Brooke instructions, after-sales sheets of ideas, etc.
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
In "Ken Brooke's Magic Palace" published in 1995, 'Four Faces' is fully explained in 8 pages.

The title is 'Ken Brooke's FOUR FACES', and it is clearly stated that "It is based on an idea by Corvello and produced by an arrangement with him'. So it wuould be proper to call it a creation by Ken Brook based on Corvello's idea.

I remember some authour said 'Four Faces' was a forerunner of B'Wave. I see relations in two tricks, but would not say the latter is a rip-off of the former.

Hideo Kato
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2676 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Absolutely spot on Hideo!
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Thanks guys, that one got past me when I wrote the chapter on the four card brainwave in "Still Small, Still Deadly" (though another couple of versions using the same method are mentioned)
Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Unkown packet trick help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL