The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stage Card Gimmick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Is there a black art card gimmick for cards that you can purchase?

Thanks,

Martini
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am sorry to report I have never heard, seen or read about such a card.

It would be easy to make one, just glue triple velvet cloth on the back of the playing card.

I know this has little to do with your question, but your question reminded me of this playing card with a portion of the hand on the back of the card. This made it possible to palm a card and show the hand empty at very close range. The one I seen was very good. This was like 45 years ago.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2013-06-03 18:41, Bill Hegbli wrote:

It would be easy to make one, just glue triple velvet cloth on the back of the playing card.

Gee, don't. Too thick.

Use black contact paper instead. This is what the Korean manipulators use, as well as another nifty trick that makes cards even more invisible from stage distance. I won't tip the other one, but encourage you to purchase "The evolution of card manipulation" be Lee Ang Hsuan instead. Just this trick is worth the whole DVD, in my opinion. The combination of both allows for real witchcraft on stage, granted you're skilled enough to pull off the sleights.

The contact paper is applied into one, two cards at max. It is not needed, nor would be any usable, on all cards unless you're manipulating no more than five simultaneously.

http://www.amazon.com/Kittrich-Black-Con......00VYGMLG
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Martini, what is your application?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
To produce a card or something else
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
OK. So you are looking for a manner to conceal the card before production. Follow Fábio's advice.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Thanks
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
463 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Self adhesive black velour is my way to do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5PZXlK3-Xk
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Bojan, very impressive! That first production was so clean! I would love to start using black art, but it's so much work getting the outfit and the back of the card to blend in together.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-09-07 03:28, RJH wrote:
Bojan, very impressive! That first production was so clean! I would love to start using black art, but it's so much work getting the outfit and the back of the card to blend in together.

RJH

To get them to blend as you put it, it is more the lighting them any kind of color matching. Black is Black.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
463 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
I would not agree with it that black is black Bill. If it was so than people who use BA acts wouldn`t care much what velvet they used. Material can be black and shiny, dull, reflects light....
Magic Researcher
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Magic Researcher
Don Drake used to do black art card work and sold the triple velvet for doing so. It looked good.
MR
Repeating a falsehood often and loudly does not make it true.
Magic Researcher
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Magic Researcher
Someone in Vegas bought his black art business.
MR
Repeating a falsehood often and loudly does not make it true.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stage Card Gimmick (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL