The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best current folding coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
290 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I am wanting another folding quarter and/or half. What choices recommendations do I have from inexpensive (but not cheap) to Lassen/Schoolcraft? I thought I saw there was even a quarter with no r***** b*** in it.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Don't think it is necessary at all to go expensive or custom on folders. Do Lassen or Schoolcraft even sell them? Smile

Think I'll confuse the gaffed card guys by referring to the above as L/S. Smile

Go with Johnson or Tango. I'm sure they will be fine (unless you've got to have silver coins, perhaps).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
I think is use a Johnson. A folding con is going to take some abuse so I'd not spend a fortune.
Philip Busk
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4841 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I just saw some killer looking ones on Todd's Blog! two 64's And three walkers ! Smile But if you just want A folding quarter for Like coin in bottle Yea a Johnson One is fine ! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
290 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Is this a fake ad? Say it if from Roy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006H6S......H5TCDA32
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Tango Folding, the best !
aceofspades71
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of aceofspades71
Lassen just had folding walkers and kennedy's for sale at $75 on his blog. I got my folding walker 3 years ago from Todd and it is a BEAST! I bought every single folding half on the market over the years - Todd is the best IMHO.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1490 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-06 16:14, FlightRisk wrote:
Is this a fake ad? Say it if from Roy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006H6S......H5TCDA32

Why would you think it's fake? The price? Johnson sells their folding halves for $12.50. And Roy does wholesale certain items. I've purchased his items at brick and mortar magic stores.

http://www.johnsonmagicproducts.com/shop......ts_id=75

And Rock Ridge Sales is a legitimate company.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6777 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 11:55, Mr. Tango wrote:
Tango Folding, (is) the best !

Yes, and I think the reason is in it's internal system. I can get by with a Johnson for $12.50. But really, thirty bucks ain't bad for this. Check Penguin.

Doug
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Bob Swadling and Mark Mason have flippers available without the r***** b****. Check Mark Mason's site at JB Magic.

Johnson makes a great f****** co**. Above these, you'll need one of the other guys you mentioned.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5961 Posts

Profile of motown
I've read different opinions about Tango's internal system. Some say it wears quickly, stretching out and is then difficult to repair, because of a lack of instructions. I've been reluctant to try one because of this even though it may be more deceptive.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I never had problems with wear. However, it was kind of a bear to repair. However, repair instructions are on the dvd which now comes with each coin.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of cablerock
I got my hands on a Lassen walker folding coin and compared to the one I had before (johnson maybe?) it's great. There are times that I can't tell the difference until I pick it up.
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
Lassen's are the best!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5961 Posts

Profile of motown
What does Todd's folding coin run?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4841 Posts

You can a pic. of it on his blog! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Does Lassen use the standard, non-internal method for his folders?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4841 Posts

Does not look like it from the pic's! But as I do not have one I can not say for sure! But I could not see the Cut on the face from the Pic's! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Yes, it's the standard method.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best current folding coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL