The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Special Head's Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
What an astounding levitation. All angles covered and all. I want to do this! Anyone know where I can learn it?

CHECK IT OUT NOW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twW-S-GLxn8
mindexplorer
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of mindexplorer
Look at the comments under the video you linked to. I liked his presentation. He didn't claim much, just let the judges and audience make their own assumptions and interpretations about what he was doing. I will be interested to see what he does next. Whether he goes more for the endurance and pain angle, or tries to demonstrate more of the magical type stunts.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 18:03, TheMag1cian wrote:
What an astounding levitation. All angles covered and all. I want to do this! Anyone know where I can learn it?

CHECK IT OUT NOW:

This is HIS version of an older illusion.
The best is to contact him to ask if it is for sale but since he makes his living performing this piece I doubt it.

And remember the illusion is only part of what made this a masterpiece, special head has the look and talent to make this believable.

Why not create your own suspension or levitation?
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 18:23, mindexplorer wrote:
Look at the comments under the video you linked to. I liked his presentation. He didn't claim much, just let the judges and audience make their own assumptions and interpretations about what he was doing. I will be interested to see what he does next. Whether he goes more for the endurance and pain angle, or tries to demonstrate more of the magical type stunts.

Thanks. Guess I should've read the comments first. I didn't like the whole "booing" thing either although I did find the "underdog" situation amusing. All I know is I'm doing this in my subsequent act. It must just kill if executed correctly. He nearly gave the audience and judges a heart attack.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 18:52, tristanmagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 18:03, TheMag1cian wrote:

CHECK IT OUT NOW:

This is HIS version of an older illusion.
The best is to contact him to ask if it is for sale but since he makes his living performing this piece I doubt it.

And remember the illusion is only part of what made this a masterpiece, special head has the look and talent to make this believable.

Why not create your own suspension or levitation?

Great idea. I think I'll get my cognitive faculties percolating on this one. I've been in the mood for building lately anyways.
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
He did a phenomenal job with his performance!
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Brilliant version of a very old street illusion, done to perfection
meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
This was fantastic!
Lin_
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lin_
I didn't thought about the using the smoke maker in this illusion.
and maybe we have to admit he just made innovation to this illusion, also.

Let's just see if how he can continue to survive in AGT.
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Interesting two man variation:

http://youtu.be/OdP9w_hO8lc
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I was impressed with Special Head's ability to transform an ages-old static illusion into a dynamic presentation.

Jim
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you go to Covent Garden you'll see four or five guys all doing this in about a two block area from the tube station to "magic corner." Getting in and out "exposes" the stunt.... Sergio Barros has a video on his Facebook page showing a guy getting in while folks watch.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Pendragon
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Pendragon
Pete, you have got to give kudos on the tibetan singing bowl and flash pot to help with the ins and the outs. I am an instant fan. This guy had the judges going from goof to blow mind in 30 seconds flat. I loved it. Imagine the presentation in a non aggressive and yet raw setting. The outfit, shaved head and ability to reproduce the tomes, perfect. add the rest of fakir material with this guys sense of the odd and wonderful and you got a star.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22437 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 12:36, Pete Biro wrote:
If you go to Covent Garden you'll see four or five guys all doing this in about a two block area from the tube station to "magic corner." Getting in and out "exposes" the stunt.... Sergio Barros has a video on his Facebook page showing a guy getting in while folks watch.

Pete, so what if others attempt to do it. All those passersby are only a handful in the world. This guy did not expose anything getting in and out, he did it perfectly, and you can't take that away from him. That is what is so good about this presentation.

Your statement sounds very much like a guy saying I have a 4 Ace Trick already, why do I need another one. Or - I already seen a comedy magician, why bother to watch another one - they are just all the same.
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
As always, it ain't the trick, it's the performance. As Jonathan says, he has routined this such that he covers the business beautifully and blows minds. LOVED IT! (And I don't think Pete was saying anything against Special Head's performance . . . I think he was saying the Covent Garden street performers expose, unless I misunderstood.)
PaulSharke
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of PaulSharke
Has he performed in the second "round" yet? I don't watch TV hardly at all, but I'm interested to hear about what happens next!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Y'all read me wrong... I think this guy on TV was AWESOME.... but the Covent Garden scene is crazy with 4 or 5 guys doing the same stunt on the same street with NO PRESENTATION.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I got your back, Mr. Biro!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Doing it Busking. Look at that pail of money. No table...no cups;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl6CLVeKy6U
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
No Table ...No Cups
NO ACT ! , Yet another Illusion becomes "Common '

m123
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Special Head's Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL