The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » In Memory of Dennis Loomis » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
You meet friends when you least expect it. I had purchased Dennis’ Cups and Balls Routine, but never dreamed I would meet him. After my book was published, I received a phone from Dennis and he wanted to make a DVD of the book. How could I refuse? I flew out to California and Dennis, Joe Oliverio and I spent three days making a DVD. Although the DVD was only moderately successful, a friendship was born. Dennis and I corresponded via e-mail and telephone calls, but I never made it back out to California to visit.

Dennis was generous to a fault. He gave freely of his time, magic effects, and advice. He recommended a magic product I make to a magic dealer. I still receive orders for these items. I also purchased several tricks from him and when I had trouble understanding how to perform them, he graciously tutored me over the phone. He sent me silks, props, and videos to boost my career.

Dennis and I shared a passion for the Aronson Stack and memorized deck effects. He let me make a contribution to the Memorized Deck section on his web site. He said he didn’t do a lot of sleight-of-hand magic, but he was far better than I. I learned the Kelly Card Control from him. His Micro-Chop cup routine was and is an outstanding effect.

Dennis was professional magician, a musician, juggler, carpenter, cabinet maker and more. He also had a kind and gentle soul. I never heard Dennis say a derogatory word about anyone, even at a personal cost. As one magician said of Dennis, his mistress was magic and his love for that mistress was unfailing.

Magic has lost a good man. I will miss him.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
RIP Mr. Loomis.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » In Memory of Dennis Loomis » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL