The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Acoustic Pop and Audio Engineering (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Hey friends,

My father and I have been recording an EP to release at the end of the summer. It's all original acoustic pop and rock; I performed everything except for my father on bass guitar. All produced, mixed, and mastered in my digital home recording studio. I was originally in school for audio engineering, and I'm qualified to work in a recording studio, though I never have.

You'll find our recent work at the following link. The first two songs are part of this new EP. Everything else in that set is stuff we've recorded this year in various genres of music.

https://soundcloud.com/brianmillermagic/sets/2013-1

Feedback welcome. Please enjoy!

~Brian
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
From one musician to another, nice work Brian. I am a singer and keyboard player and your original work impressed me. Kudos for taking on two of rock's great songs from the one of the greatest bands ever - The Who. I found your interpretation of Love Reign O'er Me an interesting take. I have to admit that I missed the arpeggiated strings but it takes courage to interpret such an iconic song.

Curious as to what you are using keyboard wise man!

Best,
Vlad
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Brian,

I just gave "Green Candy Eyes" a listen and I really liked it! I've listened to some of your older stuff in the past, but this particular song really struck me. Once I have a bit more time, probably tomorrow, I'll give your other songs a listen.

For "Green Candy Eyes," it reminded me of early 2000s-type pop/rock, which I grew up on (born in 1995). So, naturally, I really liked it. Reminded me of songs from Nickleback, Matchbox 20, Third Eye Blind, etc.

Anyways, great job!
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Vlad: Thank you very much indeed! Coming up with new interpretations of "Love Reign O'er Me" and "Baba O'Riley" that paid tribute but also wasn't a straight cover was a difficult task, but I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm glad you enjoyed my original work. It means a lot to me. The keyboard is a Korg SP-170s digital piano, full 88 weighted keys. It is recorded direct via 1/8" -> split 1/4" stereo cable.

Satellite23: Really appreciate the kind words man. "Green Candy Eyes" is very personal to me. I wrote it when I was 15 years old for my "first love" and have finally recorded a definitive version, ten years later. Also, Third Eye Blind is one of my favorite bands.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Acoustic Pop and Audio Engineering (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL