The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » I do not know what to do can anyone help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Have you ever been rolling along great and all of the sudden something comes along and flattens you?

I have been expanding my business for the past couple of years so that I could have it as a sole income for my family. If has been going great! I have been time card free for over 21 months. Things have been tight but workable. By doing this our savings for emergencies has been depleted considerably.

And then it hits. My son has disclosed that he is being hurt by his mother down in another state. The custody battle is in full rage for us to try and get him back up here. The lawyers fees are hard pill to swallow but workable. The clincher is we have a suprise custody evaluation that was sprung on us this last week. If we win this we will have our son back up here where he belongs.

The problem is we do not have the $1200.00 to travel down there for the week long evaluation. I would miss a full weeks of performances. What sucks is I have the performances to cover it but they cash out after we would be back.....

I am so screwed I do not know what to do...should I sell all my magic to pay for it? If I do then what? Can anyone please give me some advise. I have to find this money by Saturday.....
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I'm not sure if this is any help, but contacting the airlines with family emergencies sometimes helps. The other option is
to put it on plastic (as long as you aren't topped on other cards) and take care of it slowly.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

The cards went to pay for the counselor and the lawyer. I guess I will put my magic on sale and pray it sells I can not leave him there. ill figure out what to do when I get back. thanks for the help TOm it means a lot that someone will listen
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Here are a few items I will be listing to raise money to save my sson please take a look thank you...I will post more later.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Have you contacted your church? Maybe they can help. How about a bus instead of a plane? Friends / family to stay with instead of a hotel? Anything to reduce the amount of money needed should be considered.

I wish you luck. Main thing is don't give up.

Mark.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Unfortunately the place we need to be is the california high desert, we do not have anyone out there to stay with. right now we are scrambling to skimp and sell and prebook shows anything to raise the money in the next 24 hours. thank you so much for being here for me bro, I have never felt this desperate and hopeless.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Also try contacting a church of your affiliation in that area and see if you can bunk with one of the parishioners...for this type of emergency, they may just be willing to do that or pay for a hotel for you.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Thank you mike ill try that.
I have got someone coming to look at my car to see if I can sell it fast. we are trying everything to be able to do this. if it was just me I could camp out for the week but this is involving my whole family and I can not make my kids and wife suffer that.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
What about giving depositions in your hometown? That way you could avoid the travel and expense. Ask your attorney if that is an option.

I know this is very important to you and you're willing to do whatever it takes, but be very careful about what you're doing. Snap, in the heat of the moment, decisions are always a disaster. Don't sell everything you can for this one meeting. You may need to postpone it for a couple of weeks in order to get things in together so you can make the trip. Your attorney will understand and can work with the other attorney. They all realize that, just like them, people can't drop everything and run on a minutes notice, especially if travel is involved. You may even need to return a second, or even third, time. By selling everything while your emotions are high today, you're setting yourself up for major troubles tomorrow. Sell the car, now you're walking.

Think about it. Pray about it. It all works out, but maybe not in our time. Remember...THY will be done.

Mark.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Right now I am sitting here stunned to no end. what started out as desperation has been turned into a shocking show of caring and generosity. one man who I have only talked to on the forums just dumped almost all of the money I need into my paypal account. I truly find it hard to see the keys as I am typing this. I will not post his name as I do not think he would want that but he has done something for me that I can never truly repay.

I just want to thank you all for the caring and sharing.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
That's awsome news. I'm speechless.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Stay strong.

Don't worry about the Magic. That's the least of your worries now.

You can get that back up easily... Really.

There are rope tricks which cost almost nothing.

There's always mentalism with cloth blindfolds, duct tape and pendulums.

And memory and hypnosis/suggestion based effects.

I know, I perform with virtually no gaffs except a cheap steel blindfold.

Really, sell what you can afford to sell.

Hope everything turns out okay...

My prayers out to you and yours.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Thank you parker. I'm still sitting here stunned.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-06-07 15:28, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Thank you parker. I'm still sitting here stunned.

Tears of joy are fine. Smile

Hope it all goes well. Smile
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Thank you so much my friend.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Quote:
On 2013-06-07 15:05, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Right now I am sitting here stunned to no end. what started out as desperation has been turned into a shocking show of caring and generosity. one man who I have only talked to on the forums just dumped almost all of the money I need into my paypal account. I truly find it hard to see the keys as I am typing this. I will not post his name as I do not think he would want that but he has done something for me that I can never truly repay.

I just want to thank you all for the caring and sharing.

That is wonderful news. Angels DO walk amongst us and God DOES work in mysterious ways. What an incredible show of generosity by an anonamous individual. Truly heaven sent.

Whoever you are, thank you for sharing. Blessings will definitely come your way.

Mark. Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-06-07 15:49, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Thank you so much my friend.

There's a saying in my language.

'Today is your day in need,

Tomorow it might be mine.'

Glad to know that "Magicians helping Magicians" really means something here.

To whoever it was that helped you directly, my utmost respect and love.

:applause:
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Respect to whoever came forward. That's a pretty incredible thing to do. Well done:)
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

He stepped forward in a big way. no thought about it. I can tell you this, all the books he puts out will be on my shelf from here on out.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Good luck Michael, go bring your son home, all of us will be routing and praying for you.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » I do not know what to do can anyone help? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL