The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any True Blood Fans In The House??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
8 more days and blood will fly..... Oh man me and the wife are sooooo excited...
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
ALL HAIL BILLITH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So is my wife. Me not so Much.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
My wife loves this show. Me - I think it is one of the worst written shows I ever watched. I never went for the idea that Vampires somehow have super speed. And can move as fast as the Flash - Or Clark Kent on Smallville.

Back in the old days Vampires used hypnotism or suggestion to vanish before the human's eyes. Not super speed. Also the shape shifters would be the most powerful people (creatures) in my opinion. However they never seem to shape shift into any powerful creatures like an ape - or a Polar Bear. Or some kind of power creature like a T-rex that could squish a vampire. Or shape shift into a vampire if they are the most powered creatures on the show.

The shows writing is silly in my opinion.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

To each their own. I thought the premier last night was quite good.

Cant wait to see what this season has in store.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Off to a great start!
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
923 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Now that Game of Thrones has ended its season.....True Blood!
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea to argue merits of vampire styles is pointless. In reality when you think of it how tough is it to waste vampires anyhow? Don't go out at night and don't invite them in. Kill them during daylight. 6 or 8 months you are done. If the biggest plot holes hou find are they are fast and don't hypnotise you probably do t watch it much. You are right (Though the hypnosis hou pine for theh call "glamour. ) those things are there but there is LOTS more also.

She has tried to reimagine the vampire. All in all if you ask me a FAR better job than the Twilight offerings.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I am not arguing vampire styles? What are vampire styles? I just think the writing is silly. Whenever a vampire goes super fast on TV - I laugh. Vampires are suppose to be strong - however not Superman strong. I find it funny that these shows lack the writing ability - it is like they wanted to up-date vampires so what they came up with was to write vampires like they have super-powers.

Any way - from what I know about vampires. Vampires were really the undead that suck the living life force out of living people - not blood. Much like my wife does (rim-shot on drums).
Glenn Bishop Cardician

atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

I think the series offers a unique set of ideas and twists that the books did not offer. (BTW I LOVE THE CHARLENE Harris SOUTHERN VAMPIRE MYSTERYS. I OWN THEM ALL) But show creator Alan Ball Took a fantastic set of stories and made them his own much like we do in the magic world... Its nice to not see a carbon copy of a book and see how creative others can get when working off the shoulders of a great author such as Charlene Harris.

I think this season looks promising and I feel its only going to get better....

-Bobby
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 12:26, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
But show creator Alan Ball Took a fantastic set of stories and made them his own much like we do in the magic world...

It is not like anything I do in my magic world.
Quote:
Its nice to not see a carbon copy of a book and see how creative others can get when working off the shoulders of a great author such as Charlene Harris.

See I am of a different opinion. I don't like it when they change the original story to much. I also don't like authors that change the rules - so to speak. I also did not like the Interview with the vampires books.

And there are a lot of reasons why.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Can't stop laughing at the public's attempt to define a fictional character.
A vampire can or can't do anything the writer imagines.
You might like it or not.
Charlene Harris did a great job writing. Don't own them but have read 'em.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Enjoyed the books. Hate the show. And I generally love much of what HBO does.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Oh, I also did not like any of the interview with a vampire movies. I only liked the first 3 harry potter films and books. And did not like the new star treck movie.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Its funny because Charlene Harris came to Vero to do a book signing and my wife went (I was working unfortunately) And she watches the show and loves what the writers and showrunners are doing with her characters. She says they are running in a different direction and she happens to like that.

I guess it all boils down to a matter of opinion and nothing more.

[quote]On 2013-06-20 13:33, bishthemagish wrote:
Quote:
But show creator Alan Ball Took a fantastic set of stories and made them his own much like we do in the magic world...

[quote]

So you have never taken someone else's idea or routine and made it your own???

-Bobby
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16226 Posts

Profile of tommy
I like the retro USA dinner stuff, I am thinking of making a poker table after it but its hard to get that stuff here.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Aparantly many are of another opinion because the things you seem to dislike are fairly popular.

It does not make everyone else right. It simply means that is why they make different flavors.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:

Quote:
On 2013-06-20 13:33, bishthemagish wrote:

Quote:
So you have never taken someone else's idea or routine and made it your own???

-Bobby

You missed the point.

To answer your question I do take ideas that are published in magic and make them my own, However when I do that it is for a live show - not a scripted drama to be presented on a cable TV station. Since you seem to want to compare the two - a live show to a scripted drama. Lets do that.

True blood the TV drama in order to do it has a show budget of - How much?

My show budget is zero.

True blood has actors, script writers, special effects , props and a whole group of production people like directors and producers. Plus an advertising department most likely a part of HBO.

My show has none of this.

I happen to be a magician/hypnotist in carinate. I am a living person not a made up vampire that an actor pretends to be to get a paycheck.

Since I use no scripts, no writers and no actors and no TV special effects and I am the real deal I still don't think that what they do on the HBO true blood series is anything like a live magic show - or anything like what I do.

Also True blood is a “story”.

I do a magic or a hypnotic show and the audience members tell the story about that magician or that hypnotist (me) and what happened that night - when…

So in other words - I become the story they tell.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Last nights episode was amazing! HBO confirmed its renewal for a seventh season. 4 episodes left in this season.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Never seen it.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any True Blood Fans In The House??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL