The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » DeKolta :: Stolz Design & Build (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
So I know that I chronicled the build of this in the Workshop, but I thought I would share the finished product here. Designed and built by myself. I'm a welding newbie and I'd never had the opportunity to build a DeKolta until now so I think it turned out nicely! It's been planned with both common methods in mind so I can use either method as I need to. Knowing me, it'll be BA 9 times out of 10 since I'm such a big BA junkie Smile

http://stolzillusions.com/wp-content/uploads/DC1.jpg
http://stolzillusions.com/wp-content/uploads/DC2.jpg
http://stolzillusions.com/wp-content/uploads/DC3.jpg
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Great work Chris !

This looks really neet. I wish I could buy one.

Maybe just one little point : Why aren't the front ends of the bars supporting the steps welded shut ? In my opinion it would look better if someone couldn't see the open squares of those bars, but as mentioned it's really a minor point of this great prop.

Oliver.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Thanks Oliver!

Yeah I wanted to cap those but I ran out of time with the equipment. Once I get my own welding toys, I plan to finish that off one of these days. Smile
Lin_
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lin_
Great works!
Maybe most people cannot catch about what it goes on.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
It looks very clean and open. Can't wait to see a performance video!

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Very streamlined chair and platform, which looks great. I like the overall shape/design this because is isn't so square & boxy. The work looks great.
James FX
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
178 Posts

Profile of James FX
Nice Chris. I like the "minimalist" design approach as well.
MagicalDragons
View Profile
New user
MO
53 Posts

Profile of MagicalDragons
Will you be selling these?
natmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
295 Posts

Profile of natmagic
Chris photos showing gimmicks on an open forum for any lurkers to see, can you be more careful please? I'm sure you were just eager to share your build on here but a more private method would be more appropriate.
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
I think people would have to know what to look for.
-Philip
natmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
295 Posts

Profile of natmagic
The gimmick is in full view on one of the photos. Sorry but its not acceptable
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 13:43, natmagic wrote:

Guess I'm fired Smile (I photoshopped it out, everybody breathe Smile )
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
I never stopped breathing. Smile

-Philip
natmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
295 Posts

Profile of natmagic
Thanks Chris we need to protect our secrets. I'm sure you didn't intend any wrong doing it just scares me when eassily found pictures of our guarded secrets come into view. I use a dekolta personally also.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Easy and smart! My congratulates Chris!!!!!!!!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 15:20, Chris Stolz wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 13:43, natmagic wrote:

Guess I'm fired Smile (I photoshopped it out, everybody breathe Smile )

The extra picture is still on your server. Anyone who reads this thread dooesn't need to think hard to find it and thus see the special something. I recommend having this particular one deleted from your website's server.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Come on guys! Don't you think that we're getting a little paranoid? Someone searching at Chris Stolz server for an unlinked file... find the pic... and knows exactly where to look at... Smile
But if someone bothers to do all this to know this secret, certainly has found before the Masked Moron video, he already crushed down this effect with great detail...
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Fabio I overwrote the file. If you are still seeing it on the DC3 image, then it's cached in your browser. (hit ctrl+f5) The image which barely showed a secret something is completely gone.

If you have any further questions about exposure please do not hesitate to email or call me. You can give me heck as much as you like to my inbox Smile
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I was actually talking about dc4, which I just checked and now disappeared like magic, hah. All ended well, at last.

Also, I love the design!
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
roberthoudin
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of roberthoudin
Come on... Am I the only one aware of a search tool called "google"? If I use it to search DeKolta, the images section will return many examples of DeKolta chairs, with a few of them exposing "the form", including right from the catalogs of magic shops... If you really want to be that extreme, I suggest not using any of the names we used to believe were part of an exclusive jargon and use a code... Which most likely will stay secret for a week. The ral Robert-houdin did not say that conjurors were smart guys who new secrets... "Acting" is important to make the magic happen. Anyone clever enough to recognize the gimmick on Chris's pictures already knows the secret... any lay "lurker" would most likely be puzzled by the table and try to find a secret there... Now the most important: Chris... This is a beautiful design and beautiful execution... I wish I had a little of your talent to build things that way and have such great design skills... If your performing skills are at least as good as your building and design skills, then there is no risk you will expose the method... Thank you for sharing your inspiration,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » DeKolta :: Stolz Design & Build (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL