The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Darn! Me and Stephen King, we're tight! Sorta. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2410 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Tony Gangi notified me that Stephen King put my Carny Lingo Dictionary site in the 'Acknowledgements' of his new book JOYLAND. (I would never have known otherwise). Went and bought a copy today, and gosh darn it, it's TRUE! A lengthy graf with generous comments about my site and my e-book ON THE MIDWAY, and a seven-word sentence thanking his editor, and that's it! (They say billing is everything, and that's almost as good as name-above-the-title ... almost ... sorta .. isn't it?).
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4324 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sweet! What's you're cut of the profits?

At the very least you should get a signed copy! Ill send you one over. Sure It won't be worth anything signed by me .....but you will be able to say 'I have a signed copy'! Smile

Seriously they should send you a gratis signed one! If not ....get in your truck and hunt him down!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1652 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Glad to see he's doing research.
Wonder if he ever found out how to shift a '58 Plymouth automatic into low.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
In the 70's a circus book called "MUDSHOW" came out....It had several comments about me and a photo... I got a signed copy AFTER writing the publishing company a nice letter THANKING them for including me and requested a SIGNED copy for my collection....
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6694 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I worked for Stephen for 6 years, the last two of which I was Operations Manager of WZON-AM in Bangor, Maine. I remember when he and Tabby lived in trailer in Orrington. Couldn't pay their phone bill! When I last spoke to him, he was worth some 20 million. That was 20-some years ago. Boy...I never would have dreamed he be such a celebrity. Ha! Neither would he!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Darn! Me and Stephen King, we're tight! Sorta. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL