The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » As Seen On TV Pocket Hose...BUYER BEWARE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I took mine back and spent the refund money on paint. Smile When I was returning it, the clerk asked me if there was something wrong, and I just explained that the reviews were bad and I'd rather cash out than open it and not be able to. She said a lot of them were coming back broken. Sounds like a huge fail for somebody.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Karn hawks the "Pocket Hose" , right? Someone set me straight here: Isn't there another similar hose in TV land that does the same thing? And is it also junk?
In fact, just how many different hoses are there on this bandwagon, now?

I remember when the "Tap Light" came out years ago. Wasn't long before we were seeing the "Touch Light" the "Clap Light" the well, you know the drill. One company invents a product and a hundred incarnations soon follow, each pretty much basically the same dumb thing, only they change the color, the shape or some other minor detail so they can claim originality and get in on the bandwagon and rake in some of the bucks.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 10:14, daffydoug wrote:


I remember when the "Tap Light" came out years ago. Wasn't long before we were seeing the "Touch Light" the "Clap Light" the well, you know the drill. One company invents a product and a hundred incarnations soon follow, each pretty much basically the same dumb thing, only they change the color, the shape or some other minor detail so they can claim originality and get in on the bandwagon and rake in some of the bucks.


What are asking us for?? We are a bunch of magicians. What do we know about knock-offs??
~michael baker
The Magic Company
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ha ha!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Why the surprise?

Everyone on this board (yes, you too) has been buying things since they were 7 -10 years old based soley on some flashy ad that promised the latest and greatest.

Think its going to stop now?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 16:05, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Why the surprise?

Everyone on this board (yes, you too) has been buying things since they were 7 -10 years old based soley on some flashy ad that promised the latest and greatest.

Think its going to stop now?


This did have the 'As Seen On TV" seal of approval.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 16:05, Pecan_Creek wrote:

Everyone on this board (yes, you too) has been buying things since they were 7 -10 years old based soley on some flashy ad that promised the latest and greatest.


My first was x-ray glasses. LOL
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sea Monkeys.

Plus a whatever warbler.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Talking about Sea Monkeys and X Ray Glasses....

Great thread here

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=101


Here in UK we get adverts of the original(?) X HOSE.




:kewl:
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Me and my best friend pooled our money and got a Hypno Coin. Now what were 13 year old boys wanting a Hypno Coin for?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 23:49, acesover wrote:
Me and my best friend pooled our money and got a Hypno Coin. Now what were 13 year old boys wanting a Hypno Coin for?


Conquering the world, obviously.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-06-15 11:05, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 23:49, acesover wrote:
Me and my best friend pooled our money and got a Hypno Coin. Now what were 13 year old boys wanting a Hypno Coin for?


Conquering the world, obviously.


That too.

Obviously it never worked. But I can say we got our moneys worth fooling around with it. ha, ha. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » As Seen On TV Pocket Hose...BUYER BEWARE (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL