The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Idea for chop cups final load! Does this exist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
I have 5 classroom shows (7 and 8 graders) this Wednesday and had an idea for a a final load for my chop cup routine. I part of the idea is from Mr. Mike King. His idea was to borrow a small item at the begining of the show. Fail to find it during the show till the end, where I perform my chop cup routine. My idea is to load a plastic ball from a kids toy vending machine and use that instead of the 8 ball load. My question is do they have a routine with this final load and if not I need suggestions on how to load the item into the ball besides cracking it open and placing it in there in my pocket? Any tips or information would be appreciated. Thanks! Smile
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You could have one already opened and load it like you would a "nest of boxes" either in your pocket, behind your table, briefcase, whatever you use. Shuttle pass the one from the vending machine to the preloaded one.

Or, if the ball is opaque, just palm the object and reveal it as you open the empty ball. A rattle box could help to convince the kids there's something inside.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
Maybe do the reveal like ring in walnut
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's been done before, but it's not a bad idea. It has not been done to death.

Use a servante.

Quote:
On 2013-06-10 09:30, Jmolomagic wrote:
I have 5 classroom shows (7 and 8 graders) this Wednesday and had an idea for a a final load for my chop cup routine. I part of the idea is from Mr. Mike King. His idea was to borrow a small item at the begining of the show. Fail to find it during the show till the end, where I perform my chop cup routine. My idea is to load a plastic ball from a kids toy vending machine and use that instead of the 8 ball load. My question is do they have a routine with this final load and if not I need suggestions on how to load the item into the ball besides cracking it open and placing it in there in my pocket? Any tips or information would be appreciated. Thanks! Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Idea for chop cups final load! Does this exist? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL