The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question for gaffed coin historians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1490 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
I have a small silver colored wedding band styled ring. One end of the ring in flared inward. And then there is hollow stack of 3 nickels, like the nickel to dimes gaff, but silver colored in the inside, and open at both ends. When the wedding band is placed over the nickel gaff, you can't see the nickel gaff anymore, it's inside the ring.

I've been carrying this around with me for over 20 years and I've have no idea what it's used for or the routine that goes with it. Evidently it's got something to do with vanishing nickels... but I haven't been able to come up with a routine myself.

1) Does anyone know the name of this trick?
2) And does anyone know what the routine is?

Thanks.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1490 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Hmmmm... no one?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Pull the other one. It's got bells on it.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2649 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2013-06-11 00:50, Al Desmond wrote:
I've been carrying this around with me for over 20 years and I've have no idea what it's used for or the routine that goes with it.

Begs the question mate, why the bleedin hell have you been carrying it around for 20 years then Smile

Any chance of posting a pic Al as I (and possibly others?) don't really get what you are describing.
Barry Allen

"The rules of a sleight of hand artist, are three and all others are vain. The first and second are PRACTICE and the third one is PRACTICE AGAIN.
Edward Victor 1937 (Magic Of The Hands).
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1490 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-16 20:26, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-11 00:50, Al Desmond wrote:
I've been carrying this around with me for over 20 years and I've have no idea what it's used for or the routine that goes with it.

Begs the question mate, why the bleedin hell have you been carrying it around for 20 years then Smile

Any chance of posting a pic Al as I (and possibly others?) don't really get what you are describing.


Carrying it around as in "living with my various misc. gaffs" not as in "it's been in my pocket for 20 years."

Here's a picture...

Image
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2338 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I have one....it was called satans ring or devil ring.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2338 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I know the routine too.....PM me
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1490 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 16:17, magicmind wrote:
I know the routine too.....PM me


PM sent... thanks for the offer of the information.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1490 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 16:17, magicmind wrote:
I know the routine too.....PM me


Magic Mind solved the mystery... stupid me... how to use this gaff was so evident after he explained it. I've had this so long and over and over I've tried to find anyone who knew what it was and how to use it. I've become terribly attached to this gaff in an odd way. Now I can die in peace.

P.S Anyone want to buy it. Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4806 Posts

Profile of videoman
If you filled us all in on the mystery, maybe we would be interested in buying it.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1490 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 01:39, videoman wrote:
If you filled us all in on the mystery, maybe we would be interested in buying it.


I'm sorry.

I didn't get any history on it... just a routine... and I didn't bother to post the routine because I thought that would amount to exposure on a public forum. And BanzaiMagic snapped it up really fast... so... sold.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1594 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
As Al says, it's hard to describe without disclosure, but perhaps coins through hand might describe it somewhat.
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 12:45, BanzaiMagic wrote:
As Al says, it's hard to describe without disclosure, but perhaps coins through hand might describe it somewhat.


That's what I had in mind when I saw it at first. I'd love to see the performance of this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question for gaffed coin historians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL