The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Working out of my hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I'm doing two short shows for the pee wees at the fitness club kids camp where I work. I was thinking I might pack 6 to 8 effects in this large "Magician's" top hat I have and just work out of that. Then all I need is any table, chair, what-have-you to set it on and I'm good.

I'll be practicing using this over the next few days and see how it goes.

Click here to view attached image.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Nice idea!! The kids are really going to like it.

Mark. Smile
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Thanks Mark! I like the idea of traveling light. I've worn the hat before and taken a table, but I like this idea- especially for these short shows.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I love the idea. Also you could add tricks that invole the hat. Benson bowlfor example. Let us know how it gose.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

I actually love this silly hat. When I wore it one time I had on another little Mexican sombrero on under it. I was telling the kids about a time I went to Mexico and took the hat off revealing the sombrero- giggles. Then I was able to show the hat empty and pull a pink rabbit puppet out of it. They loved it. So it has lots of possibilities. Only like 10-20 bucks at Party City. It even has a sneaky pocket you could put business or other cards in.

I'll definitely let you know how it goes. We're aiming for two Mondays from now and I'll be in the summer camp film. They're going to interview me and everything. Got to get a copy of that for promo!

I had never heard of the Benson Bowl. I just watched a German guy on youtube do a great routine here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xonZoodldbI
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Great idea. I like it.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
When I use to juggle a lot I wore a top hat. My hair was shaved at the sides and back. The hair at the top about 2inch was centered parted then waxed into two mow hawks. I would say say do you like the hat pepole say yeah. I would say it gives terrible hat hair and revel what was under it. From your picture I guss this not a option for you. However like you little hat a great little joke for not much effort.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Haha! Nope the days of hat-head are long gone!

I used to look a lot like Mark's picture back in the 80s. I had hair down to my belt. I tell people I still do, only now it's on my back. lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Working out of my hat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL