The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Attachment by Brad Addams (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's the Cool Box deal today

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3477

LobstaJohnson
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of LobstaJohnson
Looks amazing...is it?
--
<BR>credo che tutti gli uomini siano fratelli
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2294 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
For 5 bucks not bad. I would say the video and ad copy (as I remember it) is accurate.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1584 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It might be interesting to do this one and then Richard Sanders' tagged.
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
This trick is awesome! I'm a little bias because I'm good friends with brad, but its definitely clever Smile it won't break your pocket money so I recommend you check it out!
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I just bought it, the gimmick is very simple, and it does what the ad say. Very deceptive. He uses a given key chain, but any other of medium size could work as well.
However the trick requires certain background to make it invisible. Don't want to go into more details so I don't spoil Brad's creation.
This was an impulsive buy, if I would paid more attention most likely I would it pass.

But it is just $5, so it could work for you or give you ideas to modified the idea to your style.
©NathanaelBergenMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Warszawa, Poland
105 Posts

Profile of ©NathanaelBergenMagic
A nice update on an effect of his I like: http://www.theory11.com/wire/brad-addams/signal/

They both look good (don't have Attachment - but *do* have SiGNAL) - but my issue is: was everything in that trailer necessary?

I don't want to come across as the grumpy ol' grandpa who doesn't get kids these days. But would it seriously be so difficult to just get one clean shot, without abrupt edits, of the entire effect? I'm aware certain effects would be ruined without cuts acting in part of misdirection (the camera sees everything and cannot be misdirected), that's not what I'm getting at - I'm just saying even when they *were* showing a 'full' performance, there was still unnecessary cuts in the middle of the performance. I'm assuming to try and safe guard the hand and/or finger placements.

But hey - I understand. Can't make money if people can figure out the secret, am-i-right? That's the important thing - not bettering and furthering magic, but the $$$s.

I'm fully aware who edited this, and with that knowledge I'm not surprised - I just think magic trailers lately are getting out of hand. Half of the time you don't even know what you're buying. Almost as if the companies are more interested in showing a cool flashy (noisy) trailer to trick you into buying a piece of magic - and less interested in creating thought out pieces of magic, presenting them fairly in a trailer, and sharing (selling) them to other magicians who want to use said magic.

Just seems to be too many one trick little eye-candy effects being sold for 10$ (or 5$ on sale), whereas they'd be much better suited for a compilation dvd or book.
"Oh, you have an opinion? Let me delete that for you." ~ the magic cafe
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
It looks pretty neat and I like magic that looks organic. for $5, looks like a steal...
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1306 Posts

Profile of barts185
So it says that you can examine the key afterwards. Can you examine the pants? Because I can't imagine a spectator NOT thinking that you just pushed the key through a hole in your pants.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1306 Posts

Profile of barts185
Also, is the keychain and key flying into your hand, as seen around 20 seconds into the trailer, part of the effect?
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On 2013-06-11 17:24, barts185 wrote:
So it says that you can examine the key afterwards. Can you examine the pants? Because I can't imagine a spectator NOT thinking that you just pushed the key through a hole in your pants.

There's nothing done to the pants so I'm sure you can
You can call me Cash!

Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On 2013-06-11 17:38, barts185 wrote:
Also, is the keychain and key flying into your hand, as seen around 20 seconds into the trailer, part of the effect?

Nope, that's just the editing I think haha
You can call me Cash!

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1306 Posts

Profile of barts185
Thanks.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2294 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Put the key into your back pocket and have it appear on the keychain, less heat on the pants which are not gimmicked.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Yo everyone,

I have seen Brad do this trick for me and was totally fooled.
This effect is "BRADASS"! Smile

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
Pabloinus, What does a given key chain mean?
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
905 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
How easy can the clean up for the carabiner be managed?
As I suspect a b***k **t pr*****le here, do you need to s****h it out?

All the best
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 12:19, ArtIn wrote:
How easy can the clean up for the carabiner be managed?
As I suspect a b***k **t pr*****le here, do you need to s****h it out?

All the best

No y** d**'t. Not Ne**e**ar*.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
905 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Thanks GeneTony and s***y for beeing cryptic.
As the forum is searchable and open I just tried to take care of that fact.

All the best
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Ha! Just being silly.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Attachment by Brad Addams (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL