The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I'm going to the US Open!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I just have to tell someone. I'm going to the US Open Friday and I'm so excited I can't stand it. I just picked up two tickets and the guy sold them for face value. The average price on Craigs list is 250 for a grounds pass.
I've been bummed out since last Friday when I let two tickets get away. They were also face value. I was at the driving range and this guy couldn't go Friday so he was selling two tickets for 180.00. I told him I was 100% sure I wanted one but I had to make sure my buddy was going the same day.
Well I called him back ten minutes later and he told me he had to sell the pair.
I don't ever remember being so disappointed in my life. I was beating myself up all week for not buying the pair. We'll I didn't make the same mistake twice. I bought the pair without a second thought.

All week, I've been checking Craig's list but most of the prices are outrages ! Then I found one where the guy was selling them for cost. I sent him an email around ten A.M but I didn't here from him until eight P.M. I really thought it was a long shot. He told me he got 33 emails and I was the third one he got. The first guy stood him up and never showed up. the second guy never replied. Then he called me ! I can't believe I got them. I'm not a drinker but I'm having a vodka and tea right now to calm down.
P.S
Please don't take this post as gloating. I'm just so happy I have to tell someone!
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20538 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was just about to post about the Open.

Seeing it live is amazing.

I hit long. Yea long for our group of duffers. But these guys wow. Watching them shape shots just is cool. Have a great time. I am jealous.

And GLOAT AWAY!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Very cool! You'll have a great time. I was at the 3rd and 4th round of the PGA Championship in 2010. I've been to several pro golf tournaments, but nothing beats going to a Major. I wish I was going. Have fun!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
They called play off for today because of violent weather. I'm hiding under my bed.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20538 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Al......

Be safe. You and yours.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
It's too hilly around here to have anything stronger than a category 1 tornado, but thanks.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20538 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The F1 can still hurt ya.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20538 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It appears Sergio Garcia is being seriously heckled. Something you don't often see. Guess he spouted off about ol Tiger.

I hope Tiger wins.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
This is a post I made in one of my favorite golf forums. Much easier pasting it here, instead of rewording it.

I'd like to thank everyone who gave me tips on going to my first Tournament.You guys don't know how much it helped me. First we took the high speed train. We were at Merion in 30 minutes. We got there at 7:00 am and stayed till dark.
As soon as I walked in we checked out the 12th hole . Ernie was hitting his second shot into the green. We stay there for a little while but then we had to make our move. Just had to go some where else, to excited to camp out at our first stop.
Then we stayed at the 13th for a little while and then headed to the landing area of hole 6. This was a great spot and we stayed there for three hours. We had very nice portable seats which made the day.
This spot was great because while waiting for the next group to come through I used my binoculars to check out the 3rd hole.
Then we moved to the 18th for awhile and then headed to the 16th hole for another long sit-down, by the landing areas. During our travels we also saw some action on 17, 10 and 2.
We had to fight the urge to try and see the whole place, and this did pay off.
Wearing golf shoes that someone here recommended , was genius ! My feet were dry and comfortable all day. I wore my foot joy practice shoes and I'm never cleaning the Merion mud off of them, Lol. I also heeded the advice to buy an over priced souvenir. I bought a nice black US open visor and a US Open golf towel.
I was on cloud nine all day and I was savoring the day all day today. I was afraid that I was getting my expectation levels to high. It turns out the day was a bigger thrill than I Imagined!
Thanks again
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I'm going to the US Open!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL