The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fenced In updated with Chains - aka Chained In (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Café,

I wanted to announce that Fenced In, the illusion created by James Wiggs and me, and delivered to you by Peter Loughran, now includes instructions to create "Chained In", a version of the illusion of walking through 11 chains.

If you remember, Fenced In is shipped with and performed as an effect where you walk through 11 bungee cords, stretched across the stage. Some Café members had feedback that a "chain" version might work better for them. We heard you and created Chained In. In fact, you can see both versions performed by me here, on Peter Loughran's site (my Chained In version is a live performance):

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/fenced-in.html

Rather than mess with the original, raise the price and have shipping go through the roof due to weight (effectively moving the total price out of the range that we wanted), we decided to update the instructions and add an appendix showing the exact material, where to find it and steps to update the Fenced In Illusion to create Chained In. We've also included performance differences and tips, since working with chains is very different than working with bungees. We did not increase the price for this extra information. Both Fenced In and Chained In instructions are now delivered with the product.

In fact, if you have already purchased Fenced In, and would like the updated appendix, please contact Peter on his site, he will ask a security question to verify authenticity, and he will send you the updated appendix.

Thanks to the Café members who wrote to us, PMed us and helped to give us direction on delivering a product that meets your needs. Hope you like our improvements.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Congrats Scott, it looks really great!
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Congrats Scott, it looks really great!
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
It DOES look good. Looking forward to the day I can include it in my show!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
PaulSharke
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of PaulSharke
Oh, I like the presentation! And the subtlety of having the curtain shortened so the audience can see the chains during the penetration is a nice touch.
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Thanks for the awesome comment's, guys. I don't think it picked up on the mic (the camera was set up in the back of the room), but the audience's gasps were huge! I could hear them over the cranked up music. I got a lot of great comments after that show live show as well from audience members.

One thing that I thought about afterward was to use an old tin cup to "jingle" on the chains, just like the old jail movies clinking a cup on the jail bars. In prior performances, the Policemen would slam the chains onto the stage before they raised it up showing how solid they were. They did not do this during this performance, since the stage was carpeted.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
294 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Wow! This looks GREAT! Such a clean effect, direct and baffling... And clearly audiences like it, judging by their instant and enthusiastic reaction. AND it packs very small and plays very big?
Me gusta. Keep up the good work!
chill
View Profile
Veteran user
colorado, usa
385 Posts

Profile of chill
Very nice, great improvement.
I spent most of my money on magic and women, the rest i just wasted
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Any vídeo clip about it?

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Falconer,

It is in the original post.

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/fenced-in.html
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Many thanks my friend!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Thanks for the comments. You will see some subtle differences in handling between bungees and chains (as cleverly discovered by PaulSharke above). Both bungees and chains are in view of the audience during the penetration. This handling is fully covered in the updated appendix added to the illusion. Glad you guys enjoyed!

magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I couldn't tell they were chains. Guess you had to be there...
Mike
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Mike,
The live performance (against the blue backdrop) were chains. The chains do not stretch out like the bungee version (the one against the red backdrop). The camera was in the back of the room for the live performance, so it may be tough to see that they are chains, but indeed they are and the audience could see them clearly. And as I mentioned above, my policemen typically slam the chains onto the stage as they lift it up to show that they are solid. That did not occur during this performance, since the stage was carpeted, thus making little noise. You should be able to catch a little light shimmer on the the chains as they are being picked up by the policemen (another plus for that version).

Of course the bungee version does not shimmer in the lighting, but the bungees are orange, so they show up very well on stage against most backdrops.

magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
This effect has come a loooooong waaay, congrats!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fenced In updated with Chains - aka Chained In (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL