The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Capture by Luke Dancy (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-06-15 05:10, ArtIn wrote:
Do you need to type in a link in the browser of your spectators phone before the performance starts?
As soon as the coin gets in you can see the browser loading a new page (which does not look that magical to me..)
If you just accidently pushed the refresh button - iam blown away... but I don't think that's the case.

I'm fairly certain that you don't type anything in. The only reason he has them open the browser is to have a little more light so that the quarter will show up better once inside.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
While not 100% necessary I do prefer to perform Capture without a case on the phone. I've never had any issues with this, I just tell the person I want to be totally fair so I can't hide anything or do anything funny. As always it's just a matter of your presentation Smile

Also, for those that think they know the inner workings please respect the work that went into this. I sense a couple of you are close to exposure (even if you are incorrect)and with more going on than you think please don't speculate in an open forum. This is a place to help not dissect each others work to show how clever you are to other magicians.

This is exactly one of the reasons I'm seriously considering not releasing more magic after Capture. What's the point of trying to advance our art if we are the ones tearing it down from the inside.

I'm honestly hurt...

luke
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Thanks for posting that Luke. Although speculation is allowed on this forum, there is also an element of respect that needs to considered. It seems many people almost take it as a challenge to be the first to let everyone know how smart they are that they figured it out. Before posting, we should each put ourselves into the shoes of the creator of the effect who put months or years into development. Help the creator to make it worth their while to release such amazing effects rather that tear apart the secret for the world to see.

spec·u·late
verb \ˈspe-kyə-ˌlāt\
a : to meditate on or ponder a subject : reflect
b : to review something idly or casually and often inconclusively
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Even though its not necessary, taking the case off is a good thing for presentation. Many modern cases have screen protecting sheets of clear plastic and you'd want to make sure they don't think that's all that's happening. The effect is too powerful to waste on them thinking that.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Looks really cool ...

On my list to get.

Nice job Luke!!!
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I'am very sorry if I went to far with my question. I think it should be allowed to ask for required conditions or am I wrong? I don't even tried to speculate.
If the mentioned action need to be a part of the routine it could be misleading to simply disregard that circumstance.
Generally it may be more teasing for people to know what something isn't but often it should be said what you need to perform it.
Telefoto just for example: Here its important to know that a internet connection is required for this tool. Everybody knows about it and still love it. Whats the point?
Your teaser is so open (which is fair and good btw!) that you clearly can see what I was simply pointing out. This thing also won't fly by anyone and should be considered.
I am sure you can distract people in that moment.. so if you need this it might be still a good effect! But it was important for me to know.
Also if a spectator could be able to backtrack something (history) To imply exposure in that case is not fair, sorry.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
No worries bud. Perhaps I was a bit hard on you guys in retrospect. It's just that I've been holding onto this for a while quietly and now it's free game for people to talk about.

I just love this stuff and notice that creators don't do this to other creators because we know the pain of coming up with this stuff.

I've done my best to answer the questions at hand and will continue to be here to help Smile

All the best boys!

luke
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Luke, thanks for the full demo ( looks AMAZING )

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3569

We all want full, honest demos like the one Luke provided. When it's given to us, even though we can all read the rules of this section, I think we go too far in speculating. The pendulum can always swing the other way and no demos/non full performance demos will be given.

I think artists like Luke, who have always been more than fair ( and release A+ material ) should be extended some extra courtesy.

And......Capture is ONLY $24.95!

ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Zombie, do you get money for comments like that?! ONLY 24,95$
I hate this Café bashing but...dude..really comments like that are pointless...

I still expect the demo does not show everything but lets see.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-06-15 17:23, ArtIn wrote:
Zombie, do you get money for comments like that?! ONLY 24,95$
I hate this Café bashing but...dude..really comments like that are pointless...

I still expect the demo does not show everything but lets see.

"Dude"? Well, now we know your age.

I'm all for kids getting involved with magic, but they should NOT be allowed on the internet without parental supervision.

I'll try to put myself in "ArtIn" mode with my comments. Maybe that will help my blood pressure:

Luke, I notice in the trailer you perform this twice in sushi restaurant. Can this only be performed in that environment, or can any cuisine be served? I don't want to order this and find out it can't be performed where there's sawdust on the floor.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Luke, I'm guessing the exposure comment was about me? If so, I am not sure what comment or comments I have made that appear close to exposure but I will sill apologize. I'm not trying to downgrade the effect. I'm not just saying things when I said I think it is a BRILLIANT effect. I have played with similar ideas in the past but couldn't get it to work properly. I'm glad that you have perfected it! It looks incredible!

Once again, sorry if you felt I was trying to expose or downgrade your effect by stating that I believe I know how it works. That wasn't the case. I probably wouldn't have known if I hadn't tried to make it work for such a long time. I would love to pick this up one day to see how you were able to accomplish it.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I am not a kid Zombie, sorry to disappoint you. Maybe I spended to much time with australian friends.
But even a kid would notice your inappropriate advertising (without sense) within a lot of Café pages.
I am sure you like the Truman Show. Based on your love for advertising things you should love that movie.

back to the topic please
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
No worries Maddy, that wasn't directed specifically at you just more in general my frustration of the process that seems to happen when anything new is released.

I'll never bs you guys about method or try to deceive with a demo Smile

luke
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-06-15 18:21, ArtIn wrote:
"Maybe I spended to much time with australian friends"

Spended? It's like talking to Ricky Ricardo when you post.

Artin, you got some 'splainin' to do!

:sun:
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Oh sorry yes.. I meant to write "spent".. english is not my first language I have to apologize... thank you for your adult behaviour Smile go on and advertise... oh you already did it again loki sale wow.... you are annoying!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
You have proved stupidity has no language barrier!

:rotf:
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
You have no arguments at all
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
ArtIn, you attacked first. Bully's never like getting swatted in the nose in return.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
It was not meant to be a attack. I really hate the Café bashing. I just think (still) that you advertise things a little bit too much here (for everyone), that's just my opinion.
You seem to have a problem to admit or explain that. Devensively remarks about my age (to call me a kid) and insulting my language (english is still not my first language..) is not what I expected first place from a adult person. But I stop here. It can not get more OT.

Lets keep talking about Capture.
Luke, if you can implement euro cent pieces, you can use the magnets of some cases for your advantage.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-06-15 19:51, ArtIn wrote:
It was not meant to be a attack. I really hate the Café bashing. I just think (still) that you advertise things a little bit too much here (for everyone), that's just my opinion.
You seem to have a problem to admit or explain that. Devensively remarks about my age (to call me a kid) and insulting my language (english is still not my first language..) is not what I expected first place from a adult person. But I stop here. It can not get more OT.

Lets keep talking about Capture.
Luke, if you can implement euro cent pieces, you can use the magnets of some cases for your advantage.

Like a child, you again attack me and then make a call to get back on topic. Doesn't work that way.

My posts are not MY PRODUCTS. Get a dictionary and look up advertising before posting your ignorant pap. Don't like my posts? Don't read them. Respond in public to them, I'll reply in kind.

Grow up and take it to take it to PM's if you have an issue with me.

NOW...we can get back on topic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Capture by Luke Dancy (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL