The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Evaporate? from Peter Loughran and Joshua Earp (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 20:05, emyers99 wrote:
Camera was bad but I was talking about how and where you have to hold the object

Having one of dose cocky and insensitive days, mon? Take a chill pill an' evryting will be okayyyyy...
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3001 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I took a flyer on this since I'm a sucker for topits, pulls, holdouts, and other vanishing gadgets. Plus, I've been very impressed with Peter's craftsmanship in the past. I'll post my thoughts after it arrives.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I thought the demo was fine. It didn't have fancy jump cuts, grungy shooting locations, or incessant rack focusing, but it showed the trick from start to finish. And if any other video doesn't, you all cry, "Its and edited video!" blah blah blah. Now you see a video from beginning to end and because you can't figure it out, you cry foul because its not crystal clear enough. As if a 1080P video might expose the method.

anyway, I thought it looked great. I have no clue how it worked and was only posting the query to see if anyone had picked it up and what they thought of it. So I will wait til July 1st like everyone else!

Chad
ps...Peter, thanks for not doing the video naked. Seeing Sankey do that was traumatizing enough.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3001 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Chad -

The problem with the video was not that we couldn't "figure it out," as you say, it's that there are already multiple methods - some better than others - to achieve more or less what is shown in this single POV video. Peter says this is different, can be performed naked, and there are handlings that enable this to be done 360 degrees. That all sounds great, but the video doesn't fully demonstrate that.

Anyway, I ordered it and will post a review when it arrives. High hopes, because vanishing things still gets me tingly.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
When I watch a video, I usually try to figure out the "how." Then once I read the description and it says can perform with short sleeves that eliminates a lot. Then when it says perform naked, I rewatch the video and then baffled. This is rare. I for one have absolutely no idea how this is done and am once again reduced to a spectator in awe. Smile
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Sorry but from the demo the Wierd position you put your body in just looks so unnatural....
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5264 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 12:21, Decomposed wrote:
This looks pretty decent, especially if you can do it by the pool with only speedo on.

Talk about misdirection!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8266 Posts

Profile of pegasus
[quote]On 2013-06-19 07:08, Larry Davidson wrote:
Quote:
This looks pretty decent, especially if you can do it by the pool with only speedo on.

Even better misdirection if you remove the s.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1101 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 06:47, MichalMystic wrote:
Sorry but from the demo the Wierd position you put your body in just looks so unnatural....

Exactly my thoughts. No-one stands like that unless you're having some kind of stroke. Or maybe he's done his back in. Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5264 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
[quote]On 2013-06-19 07:45, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 07:08, Larry Davidson wrote:
Quote:

Even better misdirection if you remove the s.

Appearing cane?
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
968 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Yep - let's wait for the user reviews.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4876 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 07:55, Russell Davidson wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 06:47, MichalMystic wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. No-one stands like that unless you're having some kind of stroke. Or maybe he's done his back in. Smile

Maybe it was just how Peter was standing. I say that because I did see a pre-demo video of this from Joshua before this was in production and when Joshua performed it on the video everything looked very natural. I was very impressed with it. Can't wait to read some reviews!

RNK
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Yes you can pretty much stand anyway you want, it really is un-restricting in that sense, I appologize if it appears otherwise to some of you Smile Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to posture school after all this... Smile I knew I should've listened to my teachers when they told me to sit up straight in class. Perhaps I'll get Joshua to re-post his original video also that RNK speaks of (if he's comfortable with it) so everyone can watch the creator perform it also.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
12 days and counting......and possibly another video.....
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4287 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm up for another video, I'm still on the fence.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That looks pretty good Peter. Very magical looking. I appreciate the straight forward video without the requisite screaming spectators and OMG's.

I think the video got the point across without resorting to spectacle.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 15:07, Blindside785 wrote:
I'm up for another video, I'm still on the fence.

Pretty sure Joshua won't mind helping us see just one more video for those on the fence.

One thing I like is Chad started this thread, Peter never pumped this and from what I see so far, he does not need too. I can watch the video 10 more times and just cannot see any explanation other then real magic.

I perform mentalism corporately for supplemental income and magic is my hobby. For the last few years I have been bridging the gap between mentalism and magic. Vanishes that look this good may come in very handy in the future to eliminate the gap all together.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
11 days to go.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
I thought it looked pretty good myself.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 22:54, bowers wrote:
I thought it looked pretty good myself.

That makes two of us. Peter using an old video camera to me just makes it more genuine. Sure a Flip would be better quality but really, how can anyone say this is not out of this world as far as a vanish is concerned? I mean if this is what the spectators will see in less then two weeks, I think you would be able to attract so many people to a trade booth (with the money you will make) you could buy 100 of these.

Anyone else thoughts?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Evaporate? from Peter Loughran and Joshua Earp (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL