The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cautionary Tale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Attn Slim King...

'Psychic' who reported mass grave north of Houston must pay $7 million

A self-described psychic who triggered a media frenzy when she told authorities a Liberty County couple had a mass grave on their property has been ordered to pay the couple $6.8 million.

A Dallas County judge issued the judgment May 7 against Presley "Rhonda" Gridley, the sole remaining defendant in a lawsuit filed a year ago.

More at:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/......6687.php
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
314 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 12:08, duanebarry wrote:
Attn Slim King...

A self-described psychic who triggered a media frenzy when she told authorities a Liberty County couple had a mass grave on their property has been ordered to pay the couple $6.8 million.

A Dallas County judge issued the judgment May 7 against Presley "Rhonda" Gridley, the sole remaining defendant in a lawsuit filed a year ago.

More at:

If there was no evidence except the word of this psychic the Sheriff's Office should be sued for releasing the information (& checked by a shrink to see how many screws they have loose). ;-)
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Typical that the media get off Scott free again.

Steve
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 12:20, Stephen Young wrote:
Typical that the media get off Scott free again.

Steve
This was my thought on another forum discussing this.
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Unsure about the who exactly (media/police,etc) is in the wrong...per
DISCOVERY NEWS

http://news.discovery.com/human/psycholo......1205.htm

[quote]Deputies from the Liberty County Sheriff’s office went to investigate but didn’t see anything amiss. After a second call the following day, dozens of officials from the Texas Department of Public Safety, the FBI and the Texas Rangers were on the scene—not to mention cadaver dogs, news helicopters and gawkers.
[\quote]

I'm thinking that with that much activity going on, media leaks, rumors, and a total disregard of the facts is a given. Of course, all concerned probably continually used the word "alleged", which somehow magically covers their butts.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It's telling that the court dismissed the claims against the county and the media outlets who reported the story, embellished it, and provided the plaintiffs' names and address - leaving only a judgment-proof defendant from whom the plaintiffs will likely collect nothing.

Something doesn't seem right here- the county and the media who publicized the ridiculous claim before investigating it should have been jointly liable along with the "psychic."

But, in any case, here we have another AMAZING story of the REALITY OF THE PARANORMAL!!!

NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN why the defendants who were equally liable were released from the case!!!
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
If only she could have seen that coming !
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Hmmm....maybe she got the wrong address. After all, spirit kids are notoriously undependable with details.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 12:08, duanebarry wrote:
Attn Slim King...

More at:

Hey Dune ... You know they fire reporters for doing what you've done here...ROTFLMAO
THE REAL QUOTE IS......
"A self-described psychic who triggered a media frenzy when she told authorities a Liberty County couple had a mass grave on their property has been ordered to pay the couple $6.8 million."

So you've edited out the very important words SELF-DESCRIBED!!!!!!

AMAZING DUNE!!!!! JUST BEYOND FUNNY!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2083 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Dave,

Talk about weird... the term "self-described" now mysteriously appears in your reproduced quote of duanebarry (and in his original post as well), just as if it had always there and not "edited out" as you suggest. There's got to be something paranormal going on here.

Regards, Steve
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
HE EDITED IT OUT OF HIS HEADLINE!!!!!

Did this psychic graduate from Dune's School for Psychics???? or does Dune just ASSume anyone who claims to have a few dozen angels speaking with them qualified???? ... She also claimed to be a reverend ... Have you checked on that story too?

There are asylums filled with thousands who claim to talk to the dead ... Am I supposed to think they are all genuine? Plus ..Psychic and Medium are two different things....
Mediums may be psychic but not all psychics claim to speak to the dead...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2083 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Now you're back-peddling, Dave. You didn't say anything about his "headline." You specifically addressed "THE REAL QUOTE" in your post.

Regards, Steve
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sorry Steve ... I was referring to the HEADLINE just to clarify ... When the truth is something quite different ... Some loony calls the cops and says THEY SEE DEAD PEOPLE and the cops get four or five news agencies to go with them to check things out and it appears that the media distorts the truth ... Correct so far???

What's funny is that some people have become so desparate to prove their point they call loony folks psychics... ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2083 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I haven't read the articles about the story, but I'm with you on the "media distorts the truth." Too many people and organizations have their own agendas and "the news" is no different. Even those who try to report something as accurately as possible will still be viewing the situation through their own perceptions and, therefore, it may appear "distorted" from our perspective.

Regards, Steve
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2013-06-15 01:53, yachanin wrote:
I haven't read the articles about the story, but I'm with you on the "media distorts the truth." Too many people and organizations have their own agendas and "the news" is no different.

Regards, Steve

I'm trying to find "Angel"s professional website ... haven't found it yet, but it appears by the photo that there are dozens of media personnel at the press conference .... just looks WEIRD!!!!
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2083 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Much of the reporting today seems to push the "sensationalism" boundaries to gain our attention. For example, we had some bad weather heading our way the other day and, if you listened to the weather forecasters on the television, you would have expected the entire state was going to sucked up into one huge tornado and flown out to sea Smile

I'll have to take a look at the story.

Regards, Steve
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm off to sing ...but I'll wait to see how genuine this self described psychic is......
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2083 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I won't hold my breath about the psychic. Have a great time singing!

Regards, Steve
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Perhaps,She should have added a disclaimer when she reported the dismembered bodies..."For Entertainment Purposes Only!" Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Now if this was a SF horror film, Perhaps she saw too far into the future - now that this all has happened (no bodies in the backyard and psychic is seen to be a fraud)- that couple can go on a killing spree and bury the bodies in their backyards - the psychic ends up broke and in jail discredited - the couple kills a bunch of people they have had grudges going back to elementary school - many classic camp murder scenes ensue. Then you see them drinking wine at a picnic, the picnic being held over the ground where a ton of bodies are - they then plant the rose bushes over the area...

Psychic abilities are notorious in their reliability...

However, a year later the psychic escapes - heads to the reporter she trusted and shoots him... puts the body in acid (as yes, this psychic also has an entire special lab and rendering plant) to remove most ID - shatters the dental area... and plops the corpse in her stolen van, along with dexter morganlike equipment... and drives to the couple's backyard... its time for revenge and redemption!

She hides the equipment in the couple's carriage house and then drags the human remains to the rose bush garden.... she starts digging...

"HOLD IT" cries the sheriff as lights pop on "Da cwiminal alwaws weturns to da seen of da cwime" and she is cuffed and led away

The couple comes out shocked... outraged! "Not her again!"

"Downt werwee, she going away long time this time!" Says the sheriff

The wife notices where the psychic dug, a small finger bone pokes out uncovered... from one of the actual bodies the couple did bury in the rose bushes... she deftly covertly kicks a clod of earth over it

The sheriff takes the psychic away and she goes to prison for life

The believers in psychic phenomena claim she was still right... her future vision almost came true... therefore it was close enough... and thus the psychic powers must exist!

DA END
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cautionary Tale (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL