The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23~24~25 [Next]
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 17:33, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 17:21, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 16:54, Olympic Adam wrote:
I was on a plane recently and I read a whole book

I just find them boring, and hard to learn from.... Each to their own I suppose.
People say that I havnt found the right book.... but the people saying it usually read loads of books....
I have tried, just stuff doesn't sink in, my mind does over time....

So, back on the plot, this would be good (for me) and I'm sure others would benifit from it too, if this was on DVD, or even private youtube clip of some sort...

Jordan

Stop whining about a DVD as obviously it is not going to happen.

Not whining at all.... and you never know, there could be a DVD release one day, once the PDF's stop selling..

Jordan
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Purchased!
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 17:59, Jordanogrady wrote:
Purchased!

You sucker.......its rubbish really...............Joke!!
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 18:07, geggy wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 17:59, Jordanogrady wrote:
Purchased!

You sucker.......its rubbish really...............Joke!!

haha I was waiting for something along those lines! haha
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Lol.........its fantastic......enjoy..
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I bought it this evening... I do like it, but I've changed the handling to eliminate a part of it, mainly cos I know how I'll be presenting it...if you take the notion (from bob cassidy) that there are similarities between a deck of cards and the earth's cycle/calendar, then when the two people make their choices right at the start, they are metaphorically grabbing at the future weeks to come...so then the idea of fate comes into play, and how maybe two people were meant to meet, even if its just for a single moment to share an experience or two...

will be giving it a test drive next week...
I've asked to be banned
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Did the Lars version for the wife and daughter and they loved it and most of all fooled by it. I use the poker theme of watching for tells as they deal the cards.
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 17:39, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 17:31, Fin wrote:
Quote:

I just find them boring, and hard to learn from.... Each to their own I suppose.

Good god is this kid/guy for real?! My desired response to this makes me feel kinda old and I'm already balding significantly, so at the ripe young age of 33 I think I'm gonna hold my tongue.

very real mate, I'm 31, have a great job, and earn a great income from magic... feel free to check my site out http://www.a1magic.co.uk

Just because books arnt for everyone, its not the end of the world you know! Old lad! Smile

Well said. No offense meant, and your website looks very smart Smile

I've been re-reading this tonight and must echo other people's positive comments about Lar's handling. It is a wonderful variation.
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 19:44, Fin wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 17:39, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 17:31, Fin wrote:
Quote:

Good god is this kid/guy for real?! My desired response to this makes me feel kinda old and I'm already balding significantly, so at the ripe young age of 33 I think I'm gonna hold my tongue.

very real mate, I'm 31, have a great job, and earn a great income from magic... feel free to check my site out http://www.a1magic.co.uk

Just because books arnt for everyone, its not the end of the world you know! Old lad! Smile

Well said. No offense meant, and your website looks very smart Smile

I've been re-reading this tonight and must echo other people's positive comments about Lar's handling. It is a wonderful variation.

None taken. I do totally appreciate how it looks Smile a newbie (although been around since 2006) says he doesn't learn from books Smile sounds nuts!

Anyhow, I'm on page 17 so check me out Smile
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Yikes. Am I the only one who bought this and thinks it looks awful? The scowl on my face grew and grew as I read through "The Effect" section of the PDF, as I figured out the method after only a few paragraphs. I'll say that again - I figured out the method simply by seeing where the description of the presentation was going. I have never encountered this particular method before, but I found it glaringly obvious from the outset, and saw as I finished reading "the effect" that I was correct in my initial assumption.

This routine takes a direct, straightforward demonstration of serendipity/mindreading and reduces it to a tiresome, clunky, highly involved procedure that involves counting cards, "randomizing" the numbers thought of, re-counting, re-counting again, et cetera. It is by far the most cluttered, and the most terminally boring routine I have been sold as a "stunner" in the entirety of my magic career. I would never dream of performing this, as it's both a snoozefest and dead simple for any astute observer to work out. I have no desire to try to make such a bad trick work by padding it out with even more involved presentational fluff. I perform for highly critical audiences of friends, and there's no way they'd stand for that. I get strong reactions from my ACAAN - a deck is produced, a card and a number are named, the named card is at the named number. Bam. No clutter, no chance for the audience to reconstruct the effect.

If only there was the possibility of a refund for this sort of thing. Can I get my money back if I decided to delete the PDF before I even got to the section officially revealing the method? :-p
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Im sure all of us can't be wrong about the crusade! For hard hitting effects you sometimes need to put in the effort to make it truely mind blowing but if you don't want to put the effort in then there's not much else I can say.....

Kieran
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I have lost count of the number of times I have performed this and it never fails to get a strong reaction. My guess is AutarchicFlux is a magician rather than a mentalist. I'm not sure this presentation would have suited me before I became a serious mentalist.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Gobsmacked, by Fluxes take on this....I was gobsmacked when I ran thru this, and fail to see how any laymen, astute or anywhere near astute could backtrack on this. One lone negative in a sea of positivity, good on you for your honest opinion tho..
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
My apologies if my post seemed excessively venomous or unfair to The Crusade. Atlas seems like a consummate magician and businessman, and I don't intend to disparage him personally or discredit magicians who would perform this effect. Perhaps it's a failure of imagination on my part, or an inability to step back into the mindset of a layperson. Truth is, I perform for the same group of 15-20 spectators so often, it may be the case that they no longer qualify as legitimate "laypeople," so I have lost touch with what it means to perform for a normal audience.

In any case, I wish you and Atlas all the best. But if you're like me and you want an effect that hits hard and fast, and will fool astute/half-smart spectators, you should be warned about the heavily procedural nature of this trick.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
The procedure is the trick, nothing spoken, nothing written, nothing indicated, you are attempting to read people and at the climax this is what you achieve, every action is justified within this script,I really feel you are missing out by passing this over, each to his own I suppose..
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
My thanks, Lar, to an earlier post in which you extolled the virtues of my Up The Ante when you used it in conjunction with Crusade! I never thought that I would see something of my own work in a thread about Crusade! Am loving Crusade BTW....have had some stunned audiences with this.....
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
A "highly involved procedure" is not the way I would characterise this, not by a long way. Depending which handling you go for the "procedure" can vary significantly and feels completely justified due to its perfect coupling with the various patter options. Some people aren't fans of tricks that require this sort of approach, but that does not make the tricks bad, or their fans stupid. Many people have clearly had great success with this method, using a variety of quite differing handlings and patter. There are times for quick, methods and presentations like "name a card and a number, now LOOK.. aren't I amazing", and then there are times when a little bit more involved presentation, and a little bit more audience involvement is welcome, a-la Crusade. Just my opinion Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I don't mind admitting, that I too found that its a little too long to suit me... so I altered the handling a bit, omitted a section and changed the presentation to suit me...but I'm pleased I got it, cos the guts of it is a very nice effect...

if we all agreed on everything, it would be boring! and to be fair, the guy did apologise for coming across a little too harsh...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
AutarchicFlux - I've pm'd you my change to it, cos it might be helpful...(might not! you might hate that too!)
I've asked to be banned
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Iain if you would be so kind to also send me your handling of this effect, would like to read it! Smile

Kieran
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL