The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini Phantom by Magic Wagon (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1614 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-06-25 18:09, teevtee wrote:
I REALLY miss the boxes! Whay was this effect not delieverd with the usual Magic Wagon box? Mine was sent (as were the ohters I believe) with each prop bagged and bubble wrapped but otherwise lose. I like to to protect and store my tricks and the boxes were / are perfect for that. At this level I think nice boxes shoudl be the norm and I hope they get back to it on the next effect or even send the purchasers of this an empty box to use.

Only the Jewelry box effects come with the custom made boxes not the teak wood style items as they are both made by different company’s.

Tony
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-06-25 16:38, fregis wrote:
Oups...
I guess I'll need to wait to follow you there...
:-(

Fregis, I sent you a PM…

Quote:
On 2013-06-25 18:09, teevtee wrote:
The actual effect like many of them has been around and is solid, but not spectacular in my opinion. All of the replacing the tube again and again is a little hard to justify but perhaps I just have not routined it properly.

Teevtee, I just posted a slightly different approach downstairs, that might solve some of the issues you’ve mentioned. Hope to see you in the Banquet Room!

Simon
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1573 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Thanks Simon.

Tony: I never knew that. I don't have an extensive MW collection yet and all I have come with the boxes.
I wish they all did!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1933 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks to Mr. Tony Curtis I was able to get my copy of Magic Wagon's Mini Phantom, thanks again Mr. Curtis!

Quality
Every, and I do mean every magic trick they make (at least the ones I have), is absolutely baffling, and so is this one. The quality is outstanding. Everything you get is build to last and (hand) made out of high quality wood and brass. The gimmick operates very smooth and the attention to detail is top notch.

Trick
This 'Phantom' does not work like the 'phantoms' we, magic collectors, are used to. For some this may come as a dissapointment when they open the trick and find out how it works but please ... try it out. The gimmick itself is VERY clever and NOT something you would have thought of probably ... . As with a lot of great magic tricks this is one where I thought when I received it: why the heck didn't I think of that!

Routine
The routine given by Magic Wagon is basic. It is OK, but there are a lot of better routines possible with this prop. See Secret Sessions for more info.

------

Overall: 8,5/10 (as it is sold)
When using a new routine (which enables a vital step in the performance and makes it a lot more convincing): 9/10 (see secret sessions)

This is definately in my top 5 (I own about 11 MW's Smile ). It is easy to do, the gimmick works flawlesly, it looks stunning and with the right presentation/routine this will fool a lot of people! It's a winner for sure. For collectors of self-working micro-magic an absolute must buy.
fregis
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of fregis
Quote:
On 2013-06-25 22:45, teevtee wrote:
Thanks Simon.

Tony: I never knew that. I don't have an extensive MW collection yet and all I have come with the boxes.
I wish they all did!

Boxes are back again!
Diceolation comes in a nice box (however I use them to keep other valuables item. I prefer having my small collection on display)
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5522 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Yes, Diceolation is old school Magic Wagon, and I love it. All the attention to detail that we expect.
Look up "Quality" in the dictionary...yep...Magic Wagon.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1573 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Diceolation is in fact my new favorite MW effect.
fregis
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of fregis
It is organic...
Inside the box, I also have a few mentalist effects (esp chip-sational from viking, Mikame Card Case, a notepad).
The spectator can't backtrack the method.
j.morl
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Love reading these posts but can’t wait till I get to 50 and can get into the secret room lol
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of Payner44
So, this thread is full of owners of this trick and I'm wondering if anyone is ready to part with theirs?!
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
If anyone else is ready to part with their Mini Phantom, I'm interested in buying one. Must be in like-new condition. PM me your asking price. Seller must be willing to share detailed photos before completing the transaction.

Thanks!

Mark
j2bgrt
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of j2bgrt
Can anyone educate me on how rare getting your hands on a Mini Phantom by Magic Wagon is? I do collect MW items, but not everything that comes out. I am very interested in purchasing it, but I believe compared to it's retail price when it came out that the price is pretty steep. I seen where one on an auction site sold for over $600, which is me is reasonable, the price for the Mini Phantom I am interested in is over double that price. I appreciate any insight you can provide. Thank you!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I saw the one you are talking about (for sale right now) and the asking price is absolutely ridiculous. More power to you if you are willing to spend that much for this effect. I want this effect badly, but NO WAY IN HOLY HELL am I spending $1,400 for it.

Mark
Utopia
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Utopia
I'm not sure if the original includes all of the phases shown in this Youtube video. Seems like the finale below wasn't mentioned in Magic Wagon's original description of the effect.
Unfortunately, even $600 would be too much for my covid-19 budget! LOL!

meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
It is indeed very rare. If you are patient and lucky, you may be able to get one at a lower price. Good luck!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, Utopia wrote:
I'm not sure if the original includes all of the phases shown in this Youtube video. Seems like the finale below wasn't mentioned in Magic Wagon's original description of the effect.
Unfortunately, even $600 would be too much for my covid-19 budget! LOL!

The finale in that video was the clever idea of the gentleman that made the video Simon Corneille. Adds a nice conclusion to the effect. It is my understanding this idea may not work on all of the units MW made but it does on mine.
j2bgrt
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of j2bgrt
Thank you John and all of you for your feedback, I really appreciate it!
Utopia
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Utopia
Thank you for your answer to my question JM Talbot!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
No worries. If you do happen to acquire an original MW version, reach out to Simon via PM and am sure he would be happy to share details on his handling.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, j2bgrt wrote:
Can anyone educate me on how rare getting your hands on a Mini Phantom by Magic Wagon is? I do collect MW items, but not everything that comes out. I am very interested in purchasing it, but I believe compared to it's retail price when it came out that the price is pretty steep. I seen where one on an auction site sold for over $600, which is me is reasonable, the price for the Mini Phantom I am interested in is over double that price. I appreciate any insight you can provide. Thank you!

Message sent!
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini Phantom by Magic Wagon (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL