The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini Phantom by Magic Wagon (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
552 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I would bet that Tony Curtis would likely know the edition size of this offering.

(As I have worked through the handling for a good number of times today, I find that the mechanism is expertly designed and constructed. The "something" is SO smooth.)
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The UPS guys are a bit slower in Canada... I can't wait to receive mine now that I've read all those positive comments... *SIGH*

Quote:
On 2013-06-19 13:17, ChasVH wrote:
Simon,

I think useing SS downstairs would work as long as we could get others to join us and its not just you and I down there. (not that I would mind that, but you learn more with more people). How about a short poll on who would join us in Secret Sessions on MW effects? Chime in if you would? I'm in..

Charlie

Thanks for your answer Charlie!

Yes, the purpose of creating a MW thread would be that the largest number of enthusiasts / collectors jump in the wagon! The more we are, the best it is!
So, at least the two of us Smile would be interested in such a thread in the “Secret Sessions” downstairs (Banquet Room). Here is the general description of this section:

General magic discussions that may involve the secrets and methods employed in effects. Access to this area of the Café is restricted, only members who have written 50 legitimate posts may enter.

And yes, a short "poll" is a good idea : so...the question is Smile any other are interested? Other ideas or suggestions of any kind?
Thanks!
Simon
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1916 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Yes count me in
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1079 Posts

Profile of taller8
Great effect, wonderfully smooth operation, and great quality.

This is my first MW product, so I'm not one to compare it with previous releases, but I'm very happy with it.
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I have a question for those of you that have the blue phantom by Magic Wagon. I always wanted but was never able to acquire a blue phantom from Magic Wagon. How does the Mini Phantom compare to the blue phantom?

Rick
meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
I'm on board for the separate Magic Wagon Thread- an excellent idea.

I received my Mini Phantom today- it is super cool, you guys will love this! It is a beautiful piece, and I was already thinking of other routines to do with it.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5522 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I've been an MW enthusiast for years since I heard of them through collector Andy Martin. So, count me as contributing to a new thread.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1614 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 16:45, rhettbryson wrote:
I would bet that Tony Curtis would likely know the edition size of this offering.

75 was the expected production run for Mini Phantom.

Tony
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I just received my Mini Phantom this morning.
The quality of the apparatus is astonishing! The craftsmanship is top notch!
Despite the fact that the overall effect is similar to the original Chip-Lift, the mechanism and gimmicks involved are entirely different.The effect is much easier to perform than the original, there is no preparation involved (always ready to perform), and the chips are totally examinable at any moment (before, during, after the routine). That wasn't the case with the Supreme Magic verion. The original had some visual "convincers" that are not in play here but frankly, I prefer this Magic Wagon straightforward version by far!

I’m lucky to have more that 50 Magic Wagon pieces in my current collection. For me, this one definitely ranks above average, I would say among my top 10, along with their Blue Phantom. And these two lead to a tremendous combination!
Congratulations Magic Wagon, you did it again!

Simon Smile
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I’m lucky to have more that 50 Magic Wagon pieces in my current collection. For me, this one definitely ranks above average, I would say among my top 10, along with their Blue Phantom. And these two lead to a tremendous combination!
Congratulations Magic Wagon, you did it again!

Wow Simon, that's a serious collection! Do you have a #1 favorite?

Rick
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 19:43, Rick11 wrote:
Rick

Well Rick, I'm unable to determine my absolute favorite. If I give you my answer today, it might change tomorrow. Let say that I have 10 to 12 favorites.

Simon Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5522 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
It's true. The crazy beauty behind collecting Magic Wagon is that the level of appreciation is so deep...sometimes I just look at the finish they put on their wood effects and I'm stunned into silence...

I agree with simcoscor's faves...they are all great...but keep in mind that Magic Wagon does a lot of partnership manufacturing with outside creators e.g. the now extinct Trickery, or our own Tony Curtis and others. These effects are the same unbelievable quality, but incorporate the thinking and engineering of supporting partners. My point...don't limit your Magic Wagon love exclusively to the effects officially released by Magic Wagon. Keep your eyes and internet connection open...
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1614 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 22:06, Wizard of Oz wrote:
It's true. The crazy beauty behind collecting Magic Wagon is that the level of appreciation is so deep...sometimes I just look at the finish they put on their wood effects and I'm stunned into silence...

I agree with simcoscor's faves...they are all great...but keep in mind that Magic Wagon does a lot of partnership manufacturing with outside creators e.g. the now extinct Trickery, or our own Tony Curtis and others. These effects are the same unbelievable quality, but incorporate the thinking and engineering of supporting partners. My point...don't limit your Magic Wagon love exclusively to the effects officially released by Magic Wagon. Keep your eyes and internet connection open...

These are the effects that Magic Wagon have made exclusively for me.

Tony
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 21:50, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 19:43, Rick11 wrote:
Rick

Well Rick, I'm unable to determine my absolute favorite. If I give you my answer today, it might change tomorrow. Let say that I have 10 to 12 favorites.

Simon Smile

Simon,I see what you mean because this is my first MW piece and has instantly become my favorite of all the magic I have on my display bookcase. It certainly will not be my last!

Rick
magringo
View Profile
Special user
Sad that all I have is a scant
573 Posts

Profile of magringo
Hi gang...got mine in the mail on Wednesday ...I'm amazed how fast it arrived... sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday -- holy cow! faster than if MW lived down the street from me. Love this effect. I am so addicted to their pieces I now need to sell my home to find more space for all the boxes... I just don't have enough shelf space. Where do you all put your MW pieces...along with all the other magic. I'll post of picture of my piles... in the office, on my night table, and the guest room closet and drawers all filled up. Forget the MW forum...we need an Magician Anonymous forum... but it's really too much fun, right!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5522 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Tony, the Mighty Mini Chameleon is one of my all-time favorites. It works like a dream and is so elegant and beautiful.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-06-21 11:02, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Tony, the Mighty Mini Chameleon is one of my all-time favorites. It works like a dream and is so elegant and beautiful.

...unfortunately, this beautiful piece is missing in my collection. Anybody has one for sale or trade? PM me! Smile
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1614 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-06-21 11:12, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-21 11:02, Wizard of Oz wrote:

...unfortunately, this beautiful piece is missing in my collection. Anybody has one for sale or trade? PM me! Smile

Magic Wagon only made 50 for me so it will not be easy to find one for sale.

Tony
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
What's about the one in your personal collection, Tony? Smile
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1614 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-06-21 12:07, simcoscor wrote:
What's about the one in your personal collection, Tony? Smile

When I am 65 the whole collection will be sold so 4.5 years to go.

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini Phantom by Magic Wagon (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL