The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Some days are tough! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Gr8, you bring up a very great point.....about burning out. This is a delicate line because if you do a show when your burnt people (sometimes your fans) can see your ugly side. I pushed myself last winter season in Asia and it led me to doing a show drunk and almost taking my shirt off...which is taboo in Thailand. I can suggest following your intuition. If your gut says "please don't do one more show, just call it a day", then I'd suggest listening. It also helps to really exparment with your act, your costuming, voice and character. Try a silent show. Some suggest ending with a huge trick, well why not ending with a small trick? Change the order around of your routines. In those moments you can learn something new about yourself which is always a plus. The idea is keeping it new for you internally so you project that newness outwardly to your audience. After all, as an artist, its not your job to decide wether or not what you do has value. De-attach yourself. I write this to remind myself btw...
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 16:26, Nick W wrote:
The idea is keeping it new for you internally so you project that newness outwardly to your audience. After all, as an artist, its not your job to decide wether or not what you do has value. De-attach yourself.

Yes yes!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Some days are tough! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL