We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Rene Lavand's Magic From the Soul - anyone? Need advise here!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Hi there,

Saw Rene Lavand perform, think that his magic is well presented. I am hinking of getting his book Magic from the soul? Any comments?
KYTerry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of KYTerry
Buy both of his books. Even if you don't learn any of his routines, his life's story is fascinating.
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
One of the greatest magicians on the planet. You will learn from him even if you can't do what he can do.
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
What is the 2 books by him? I saaw only one....it is overlapping??
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
Rene is a true master. He performs much like Slydini and his performance is probably what you'll learn the most from. Much of his material will be difficult for a lot of magicians to adapt. I know you asked about the book, but I think you'll get more out of his dvds because you can see him perform over and over again. He has aother book titled 'Mysteries of My Life'
Also you may like to check out this interview of him:
http://www.online-visions.com/other/0311levand.html
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Read the interview.....fantastic...will get all of his collection thoughI am only a beginer. I saw a trailer in one of the dvd..saw him performing......one word..MASTER!!!!!!! Thanks Steve....
mwolfire
View Profile
New user
Mark Wolfire
91 Posts

Profile of mwolfire
I have the Magic from the Soul book, and do recommend it. However, I wonder if some of the details get lost in translation. I am thinking in particular of the knife moves which, for the most part, do not make sense to me. Does he do his knife routine on the DVDs?
Mark
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
Glad I could help Danielchua.
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
134 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
There is some great commerical non-card material in the book: the bread crumbs and several color changing knife routines.
arielf
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
108 Posts

Profile of arielf
In many European countries, there's an expression that goes: "See Venice and die", meaning that Venice is such a beautiful city that, once you've seen it, there's no other city worth seeing. The same can be said, in my opinion, about René Lavand and magic.

Get the book, don't worry about learning the tricks, and learn what makes magic magical (and if you decide to learn some of his tricks, that's icing on the cake).
Ariel Frailich - I Saw That! Exclusive Magic, publisher of Reading Writing, Card Stories, Performing Magic for Children and other fine magic books.
https://isawthat.com
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
I have bought both his book. Good readings.....worh every pennies.......Mysteries of my life has less tricks but the trick are put together in a full routine/acts plus half that books are his biography expended from his previous book magic from the soul
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of nimrod
I was greatly disappointed from Mysteries of My Life.

nimrod
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Rene Lavand's Magic From the Soul - anyone? Need advise here!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL