The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I lost some of my close friends ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12231 Posts

Profile of John C
Last week I attended the MDRT convention in Philadelphia at the convention center. I got there early and didn't have my room yet.

It's a long story but one thing led to another and I found my backpack missing.

Included in the backpack was my company laptop, my Galaxy tablet, Maui Jim sunglasses, car keys, cigars, credit cards and all that regular stuff.

It's fairly easy to replace the computer stuff and credit cards (of course don't say that to my wife as she did all the work)

But the most important thing was my magic. I always bring some on a trip just to mess around with on the plane etc.

This time, at the last minute, I threw my Outlaw Hideout wallet in the backpack. Oh what a mistake.

Included in the wallet was:

Ultimate Serial Killer bills from Max Kraus
Power 60
Kiouki cards
Subliminal Squares
Some psychological stuff
Other assorted things
If you own a hideout wallet you know how much stuff will fit in it.

Probably around $500 all told.

So anyway, a lesson learned. Don't keep all your magic in one spot.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Painfull, sorry to hear your story.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I think I've got a spare set of Kioku cards I could send you mate.

Steve
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Just last week on another forum, a fellow mentalist said that he had been burgled and lost his playstation, amps and speakers, and his Al Mann collection of magic works. I wondered at the sort of thief who would add the latter to his (or her?) swag bag, and was told that the books had been "hidden" in the amp for safe-keeping. Same lesson: eggs, basket. Smile

Also, thieves suck.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Same happened to me a while back. A ton of material was in my bag as I was going to a mates house to entertain at a house party. We stopped off for a couple of cheeky pints in the bar. He got into a scuffle with a couple of drunks, I jumped in to help and my bag was stolen in the process.

If you want to replace some items send me a pm with what you need and ill sort you a mates rates price Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I feel for you, John. Something similar happened to me decades ago. Nowadays, though, if someone stole my equipment case, I could probably replace the whole show for around thirty bucks at Office Depot. Smile
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
222 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
When I was performing magic shows I had my entire show robbed from my van. 2 suit cases, table - the lot. They left all my cds in there though. That was nice of them. Sorry to hear about your gear mate:-(
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
John,

I'm happy to send you my Power 60...just PM me. Sorry to hear about this!

Regards,
Mike
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
PM yer address buddy and I'll send you Kioku.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I lost some of my close friends ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL