The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Matt_M
View Profile
New user
Good Old Southampton
11 Posts

Profile of Matt_M
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you guys ever tried to perform a real seance? Not using trickery.

-Matt
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Sure have; freaky stuff. Still can't explain it. Smile
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Matt_M
View Profile
New user
Good Old Southampton
11 Posts

Profile of Matt_M
Were you successful?
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Yep,

One that was killed in a fire (arson), one that was murdered in some other way and a little girl. It's pretty amazing stuff. One of the spirits knew my friend's uncle! Smile

Mike
Matt_M
View Profile
New user
Good Old Southampton
11 Posts

Profile of Matt_M
Do you know any good research sites for that stuff?
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
There's quite a few. Just do a search for seance and it will come up with lots of "how to peform a seance" type sites. They're all fine really. Just have a search around. If you need some additional help just ask me.

I've only done it three or four times and I'm by no means into dark magic or any of that, I've just done it with friends for a bit of fun.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Mike
Matt_M
View Profile
New user
Good Old Southampton
11 Posts

Profile of Matt_M
Yeah, I'm just looking to scare some friends, and have fun. Thanks.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1139 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Matt_M, if you just want to scare some friends, then why do a "real" seance? Why not a "fake" seance? What are the advantages to a real seance?
Matt_M
View Profile
New user
Good Old Southampton
11 Posts

Profile of Matt_M
Jerry,
I am very interested in the practice as well. I'm curious about performing seances. I would perform a fake seance, but I want to experience what it is like.

Matt
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1139 Posts

Profile of Jerry
As mention, you will find a great deal of information on performing real seances on the net, plus the history. Try searching with the key phrase of Karnak (I might be wrong on the spelling). Although he is dead, his methods are still popular. Also use the key phrase of spirtualism, Ghost, DD Homes, Margery, the Fox sister (they started it all) and the Haunted Museum. Very little to nothing is available on staged seances (I know, I have looked and still do). Good luck and update us on your progress.
Jerry.
Gregg Tobo
View Profile
New user
Denver
64 Posts

Profile of Gregg Tobo
Matt,

Another good source is Brother Shadow's (aka Carl Herron) manuscript, "Have Seance Will Travel." It's a complete seance based only on suggestion and psychology. Unfortunately I don't know a current source for this manuscript.

HSWT was based on a performance described in the Jinx, called "The Fairy Goblet" (Issue 133) by L. Vosburgh Lyons and Lew Smith.

And also on some ideas from Mind Games: The Guide to Inner Space, by Robert Masters and Jean Houston. It's a guidebook to mind expansion without the use of drugs (yes, it was written in the early 70's...), and is still available from Amazon.com.

Gregg Tobo
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
In the past I did real seances and added to them a little trickery, so to speak. So I was sure that there was always something strong happening even in cases in which the ghosts(?) had refused to comply with the requests of my sitters.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Hmmm.... Disturbing the dead to relieve boredome and get a few kicks...is this such a good idea?
Why don't you stick with a little psychology and trickery for fun, and let those who have passed enjoy eternity instead of commanding them to do foolish and tiresome things to entertain you?
Just a thought.
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
I have tried to locate Brother Shadow to no avail. Can anyone help?
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
Try contacting Brother Shadow at:

Broshad@aol.com

He is sometimes traveling, so it may take a while for him to respond.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
Quote:
On 2003-12-07 14:51, Wil Profitt wrote:
Hmmm.... Disturbing the dead to relieve boredome and get a few kicks...is this such a good idea?
Why don't you stick with a little psychology and trickery for fun, and let those who have passed enjoy eternity instead of commanding them to do foolish and tiresome things to entertain you?

Actually, in the Wiccan tradition, we have Samhain and during one of our rituals known as a dumb supper (not all practice this; my family and I do), we are ultimately hoping to contact those who have passed without trickery, etc. and usually it is a very personal event, despite being in a group. The main point is us asking and them coming as they wish, not by our command.
Even in a room of 50 people who may experience contact, you may not experience anything outside of a cold chill because of your lack of energy investment. I think all should attend at least one dumb supper in their life if they have someone who has passed on, just to experience it for themselves.
But that's my opinion from a life-long witch.

--Daniel GreenWolf
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
There was a compendium of Seance Magazine published a couple of years ago that is a goldmine of material on the staged seance.

It covered everything from full, dark room seances, to semi-dark rooms to full light work. Contributors included some of the tops in the field including E. Raymond Carlysle (former medium at the Magic Castle), Richard Webster, Brother Shadow and even a medium from Cassadega, FL who decided to "come out of the spirit cabinet" and tip the goods on how they do it down there!

Superb material.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1139 Posts

Profile of Jerry
The book "Seance" was a limited run of a 1,000 copies. It would be rare to find it on a bookshelf of a magic store. Kaufman stated he would not reprint it. So if you want it and find it, buy it. It is a very good book if you enjoy this type of performance.
Jerry
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2003-12-07 14:51, Wil Profitt wrote:
Just a thought.

Don't ask foolish things then.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
shrek
View Profile
New user
South India
21 Posts

Profile of shrek
I have an uncle who visits sometimes. He makes magic miracles with spirits from elsewhere. I am happy to be learning from you about this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL