The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The last time I met Vernon... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Fools me... but, after all, I'm not Nate Leipzig

Félicitations Jean jacques
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6078 Posts

Profile of motown
Very Nice JJ.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Nice indeed. Didn't see anything the first time.
Didn't see anything the second time either, but then easily inferred how it works. That's a very deceptive move, it looks so natural.

P!
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Very cool!

-Leo
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 15:25, CharliePA wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 06:33, jjsanvert wrote:
Yes, it was later described in Further Lost Inner Secrets by Stephen Minch (1989): "Given the Slip" p.75.

Does that mean that it is in the Inner Card Trology too?

Wonderful, BTW!

No, it is not described in the Inner Card Trilogy.
Thanks for the great movie El Mystico. I think it was shot in Belgium, not in France, because I was in France at the Vernon's lecture, and I was also in Belgium - and also because the translator is Guy Lammertin (maybe I spelled his name incorrectly, my apologies for that) who was living in Belgium and translated this lecture as I was there...
JJS
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 10:01, pabloinus wrote:
It is nice, but the way of turning the cards is not totally natural, which I don't think it makes the move invisible for the cheating world.
I am not criticizing Sanvert, the move is what I don't like.

I think it is quite natural in a layman pt of view.
At this moment, I cant think of a more natural way to turn over a packet with one hand.
Count Lustig
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Count Lustig
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 14:27, asherfox wrote:
At this moment, I cant think of a more natural way to turn over a packet with one hand.

But wouldn't it be more natural to use both hands?
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
No
JJS
Jiceh
View Profile
Special user
France
742 Posts

Profile of Jiceh
For french magicians,JJS describes this effect in "Le Magicien" about 20 years ago. I mention it but it's the only issue (with Dai Vernon on the cover)of this magazine that I don't have in my possession.

I also remeber the articles of JJS in these magazines and all were goods : tricks and critisms.
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Quote:
On 2013-06-19 07:09, Jiceh wrote:
For french magicians,JJS describes this effect in "Le Magicien" about 20 years ago. I mention it but it's the only issue (with Dai Vernon on the cover)of this magazine that I don't have in my possession.

I also remeber the articles of JJS in these magazines and all were goods : tricks and critisms.

Thanks !
JJS
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Mr. Sanvert, your work is beautiful.
Here's another approach to the same effect. Method and "feel" wise, it's completely different and without the angle issues mentioned in Stephen Minch's write-up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylL3cZNR-XA

BTW, please excuse the plug at the end of the video. I'm putting up the link because its relevant to the discussion, not to pitch product.

Best,

Doc
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Oh, I like this version very much too, although the pace has to be different I guess to justify the move.

P!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The Dixon Drop. A CLASSIC move in magic!
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Ahah! Nice idea! This has nothing to do with the Vernon approach, but it is a very good move. Thanks for sharing, Doc.
JJS
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1441 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 08:29, Count Lustig wrote:
Still, a good move for magic sessions and YouTube videos.

And the gaming table, apparently.

R
Count Lustig
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Count Lustig
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 18:49, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Quote:

R

Only in the long-defunct game of Banker and Broker. If you understood how the scam worked, you would know that there was a single victim against a team of several cheats. The mechanic only had to fool one person and had the aid of partners to provide misdirection. If those are the conditions you have when you perform, this is a very practical move.
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 20:03, Count Lustig wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

R

Only in the long-defunct game of Banker and Broker. If you understood how the scam worked, you would know that there was a single victim against a team of several cheats. The mechanic only had to fool one person and had the aid of partners to provide misdirection. If those are the conditions you have when you perform, this is a very practical move.

Also, as Stephen Minch wrote in The Vernon Chronicles, Volume III,
", “… the steal is completely visible from the left side, and must not be executed if people are seated there.”

Your post explains why someone would create a move that is so vulnerable. Thanks. I've wondered about that a long time.

DD
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 20:03, Count Lustig wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

R

Have you seen it live? Or have you practiced this move?
I have seen this during a lecture. It fooled many magician without misdirection.
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Vernon performed this for me - I was alone in front of him (he wanted to share this in a separate room so that nobody could see this) and I had NO idea what was going on. So, I KNOW that it is a great move, if done in the right conditions, believe me!
JJS
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Richard mo did this one in his Lecture. It did fool a group of magician.
Jerry sadowitz also have his version on his VHS tape.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The last time I met Vernon... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL