The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri Geller a spy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

david12345
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of david12345
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
It was hard to take this seriously. Then I got to the third picture and its caption and couldn't read any more. Almost literally ROFL!
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
GothicBen
View Profile
Veteran user
England
353 Posts

Profile of GothicBen
Uri's a Facebook friend...believe me, he's got a sense of humor about himself!
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
He's about as much a psychic spy as I am riding this walrus to meet the Queen.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
It did make me laugh....
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I wouldn't be surprised if there is at least a grain of truth in this - even if his assignments involved disinformation or more traditional intelligence gathering. Many famous performers, including Calvert and purportedly Houdini were involved at one point or another with intelligence gathering. Historically, many international performers have been secretly employed by governments. Even Julia Child was a spy!

Truth be told, so was I when I worked for the NSG subdivision of NSA back in the late 60's/early 70's.

Good thoughts,

Bob
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Perhaps he's a spy for the Hoovans?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have little or no doubt that just about any country would pay a fortune for someone with the ability to bend the controls of a nuclear missile ....Think about it...LOL
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
476 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
From what I've read there were a fair number of people in the U.S. intelligence community
who genuinely believed in Geller's psychic abilities. A fair bit of the funding for his work ar SRI came from the C.I.A. so no surprise if they actually tried to use him for real-life operations.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 14:59, Slim King wrote:
I have little or no doubt that just about any country would pay a fortune for someone with the ability to bend the controls of a nuclear missile ....Think about it...LOL

Of course they would. But what's worrying is that these so called intelligence agencies wasted time & money on this in the first place. That doesn't strike me as very intelligent at all.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 14:15, mastermindreader wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if there is at least a grain of truth in this - even if his assignments involved disinformation or more traditional intelligence gathering. Many famous performers, including Calvert and purportedly Houdini were involved at one point or another with intelligence gathering. Historically, many international performers have been secretly employed by governments. Even Julia Child was a spy!

Truth be told, so was I when I worked for the NSG subdivision of NSA back in the late 60's/early 70's.

Good thoughts,

Bob

Fascinating Bob! Any stories you can share or is it still secret. Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

No cloak and dagger stuff, Sean. NSG was the Naval Security Group, whose primary task was electronic intelligence gathering. Mostly just sitting around in compounds circled by antenna arrays, or aboard ships, listening, decrypting intercepted messages, triangulating positions, and forwarding them to Virginia.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1862 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Then there was John Mulholland who was paid ($3000) by the CIA to write a manual on "misdirection, concealment and stagecraft," only recently rediscovered and declassified, all copies thought to have been destroyed in 1973.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
It still fascinates me. What an interesting life you've led Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

It certainly has had its moments!
WitchesHat
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of WitchesHat
In 1949 a secret project was started and then scrapped, the plan was for extraordinary people from all over the world to be brought together to fight the battles the police and the army could not.

In 1972 a shadowy figure known only as codename Jim Rage met with Roald Dahl one of the junior Spy's from the original project with the plan to start it up again.

They contacted any members from the ordinal team that were still alive and teamed them up with new members.

This is the team they formed.

Strategy devision
Stephen Hawkins, creating plans and relaying reports gathered from their secret space station, as well as reverse engineering 'captured technology' for human use. Noted members of his team included Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Tim Berners-Lee.

Psy devision
Uri Gellar and Sylvia Browne, dealing with 'long distance interrogation, infiltration, intelligence gathering and sabotage.' They both soon defected from the team, sensing that the groups combined ego's along with the still mostly misunderstood tech they were using would lead to world disaster.

Shadow devision.
Bruce Lee and Lee harvey Oswald, declared dead and thus able to move freely on ground missions dealing with long distance and close up hostile engagement, and assassination.

Seduction and intelligence gathering devision
Elvis Presley, he actually only got on this team through Nixon's instance, but proved useful under Roald Dahls tutelage.

Together they formed a group designed as a deterrent against the secret invasion that's been happening since 1947. If they could not stop the threat they would get revenge.

They were
The Revengers!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 13:34, WitchesHat wrote:
In 1949 a secret project was started and then scrapped, the plan was for extraordinary people from all over the world to be brought together to fight the battles the police and the army could not.

In 1972 a shadowy figure known only as codename Jim Rage met with Roald Dahl one of the junior Spy's from the original project with the plan to start it up again.

They contacted any members from the ordinal team that were still alive and teamed them up with new members.

This is the team they formed.

Strategy devision
Stephen Hawkins, creating plans and relaying reports gathered from their secret space station, as well as reverse engineering 'captured technology' for human use. Noted members of his team included Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Tim Berners-Lee.

Psy devision
Uri Gellar and Sylvia Browne, dealing with 'long distance interrogation, infiltration, intelligence gathering and sabotage.' They both soon defected from the team, sensing that the groups combined ego's along with the still mostly misunderstood tech they were using would lead to world disaster.

Shadow devision.
Bruce Lee and Lee harvey Oswald, declared dead and thus able to move freely on ground missions dealing with long distance and close up hostile engagement, and assassination.

Seduction and intelligence gathering devision
Elvis Presley, he actually only got on this team through Nixon's instance, but proved useful under Roald Dahls tutelage.

Together they formed a group designed as a deterrent against the secret invasion that's been happening since 1947. If they could not stop the threat they would get revenge.

They were
The Revengers!

:lol:
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 11:27, mastermindreader wrote:
No cloak and dagger stuff, Sean. NSG was the Naval Security Group, whose primary task was electronic intelligence gathering. Mostly just sitting around in compounds circled by antenna arrays, or aboard ships, listening, decrypting intercepted messages, triangulating positions, and forwarding them to Virginia.

Interesting stuff, Bob. In the 1980s, I worked for the ASA (Army Security Agency), which was a subdivision of the NSA. Pretty much the same as the NSG, but I focused mostly on telephone conversations and radio transmissions in Europe. "The Enemy is Listening" was our motto.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes, ASA and NSG were really doing the same things. Both COMINT and ELINT. I was involved primarily with the latter.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri Geller a spy? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL